- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian tells us the tragic news..
"He's WHAT?! " I yelled. "He's gone!" Brian tried to explain. "Leighanne and him went home. Then, the company called Leighanne, and so she went upstairs to talk to them. Baylee was watching tv in the living room. The window was unlocked, someone must have opened it and snuck up on Baylee, and took him away. He's nowhere to be found!" I couldn't believe this! Baylee, missing? Oh my God! I bet it was the same person who hit Anna in the head! She's trying to ruin all of the Backstreet Boys! "Brian, oh my God! I think I know why he's missing!" I explained everything to him, and he agreed with me. We told the others the news, and that we needed to keep a close eye on our families, friends, pets, etc.. Oh God, that means I have to watch my brother and sisters.Great. With the tour comin' up, it would be really hard to keep tabs on them..but I can't take any chances. They'll have to go with me everywhere. Everywhere. Everywhere. Everywhere. The word kept echoing in my mind. This could turn into a huge problem, but I don't wanna lose them. I'll try talkin' to them, tell them to stay in sight of eachother at all times, and if that doesn't work, that they'll need to be with me. Okay. Plan made. I got into the car and took Anna home to her mom, and told her mom to keep her eye out, and lock the doors, and windows. etc. You never know when the person could strike again.

Brian's POV

I can't believe my kid is missin', I thought to myself. Leighanne suddenly showed up, crying. "It's all my fault, it's all my fault! If I hadn't gone upstairs and left him downstairs, and the window unlocked, none of this would have happened!" She cried. "Honey, honey, it's not your fault. It was an accident. We'll find him soon. Don't worry." I hugged her tight. Hopefully we'll find him soon. We have missing reports on every news channel, papers up, in newspapers, on the radio, everywhere. I wonder who could’ve done this. At first, I had thought the person was only going after Nick, trying to destroy his life, but now I know it's not. It's someone who wants to ruin our lives. Someone who must hate us, and want to get back at us for some reason. I began to think. What have we done to anyone? I thought. Absolutely nothing.We need a BSB meeting right away.

I called up the guys and told them to meet me at my house. When they got here, I made sure to lock all the doors and windows, and had a close eye on Baylee and Leighanne in the other room. I went into the kitchen and grabbed some sweet tea and coke for them. I sat down. "Okay,as you all know, Baylee is missing. Now, we need to think of why someone would do this to us, first to Nick, by hitting his best friend, and now kidnapping Baylee.It makes you wonder if we did anything. Have you guys done anything to anyone to make them mad, or jealous, or anything?" I asked. I turned to Nick. "Hey, man, well, I know alot of people are probably jealous of us, but I never did anything to anyone. Maybe someone is jealous about me and Anna, who knows. There are alot of girls after me" He said. He sat back and stiked a pose. AJ butted in. "Ha ha, very funny Nick." He hit him on the back of the head. "Well, I didn't do anything. I don't even have a girlfriend, so it's not like someone is jealous of me being with someone. To me, I don't think anyone has a reason to come after me. It's only you guys." He laughed jokingly. "Okay, okay." I laughed. I turned to Howie. "What about you? Did you do anything?" Howie sat back and thought for a few seconds. "Well, I am engaged, maybe someone is jealous. Or maybe they’re just jealous of my moves." He got up and started to dance. "Yo, D, sit down." Nick said. "No one is jealous of your moves." Everyone laughed. "Well, the only thing we keep comin' up with is that someone is jealous of our relationships, family, dance techniques, singing, or music. Anything. I have a feeling it's not some fan. I have a feeling it's someone famous, just like us, and is tryin' to mess us up so we don't get to go on the tour. I don't know." I said. "That is a good observation." Nick replied, sounding smart. "Man, I don't know. Now I'll have to keep an eye on my family, pets, and Anna. And the problem is, Anna already thinks I'm over protective, always asking her if she's okay, and blah blah blah. She's probably at home wondering why her mom is checkin' up on her every few minutes." He said. "Hey, got any chips?" he asked. "Yeah, they're in the pantry. Salsa is in the fridge." I replied. He got up and started to sing as he left the room. "Tell me why, ain't nothin' but a heartache..." We laughed. He was definately a nutball.


Anna's POV

"Anna, sweetie, are you doin' okay?" My mom asked as she locked the windows. "I'm fine, mom. How many times do I have to tell you?" I replied. She was really getting on my nerves. She's been in my room 5 times in the past 10 minutes. It's like she thinks I'm gonna suddenly die or something. "I'm just making sure you're okay. And you know about Baylee. We have to keep a close eye out now. Someone is out to hurt the BSB, and by doing so, they're hurting relatives, friends, relationships, anyone. I don't wanna take any chances." I had to agree with my mom. It was so weird how someone was out to get them. Who would do such a thing? Who would kidnap a 5 year old boy? Baylee is probably so scared right now. I wonder how he's doing. I wouldn't know what to do if I were him. I sat back on the bed. I grabbed the tv remote and turned the television on. I need to get my mind off of everything, I thought to myself. I turned to the news channel to see any updates on the person who hit me and kidnapped Baylee. Nothing. I can't believe this is all even real. Why would someone do this to them? The person must be one of their rivals, that we don't know about. I grabbed my book, Fahrenheit 451, and started to read, trying to get my mind off of everything once again. I was really tired. My eyes were having trouble focusing on the words. Maybe I'll take a little nap..


Aj's POV

I left Brian's house after hangin' around for an hour. Nick had been such a loser. I chuckled to myself. He had gotten up and started dancin' and singin', pretending to be on Dancing With the Stars and American Idol at the same time. I don't know how Anna deals with him, I thought jokingly. I wonder where the person will strike next. He/She doesn't have a person to take from me..so I'll need to pay close attention to my dogs. Unless.....unless he strikes at me and not someone or something belonging to me. Oh God. I better be careful...even now. It's late at night, and I'm drivin' outside in LA, where anything could happen. Suddenly, I saw lights coming from in front of me. I was on a one way street, and I knew I wasn’t the one going the wrong way. Oh my God, he's gonna hit me! I tried to turn the car around, but it was too late. The suburban hit the side of my car, and went flying. [the car was flying, not AJ] The car landed on the ground with a thud. There was a sudden sharp pain in my chest, and my leg was cut open. I could feel the air rushing into the cut. I looked around, panicking. I tried to look out the window, but I couldn't see much. I should stay quiet, and act like I'm dead, just in case the crazy idiot wants to hit me again, I thought. I sat there in pain, for what seemed to be an hour, before finding my cellphone. I needed to call Howie. He could call 911, and get me out of here. I quickly dialed the number. "Hello?" He answered. "Man, H...Howie, call 911. Some...some.. idiot hit...hit me back on this one way street on..on the way home. I'm...I'm in serious p...pain. My leg is c...cut open, and my chest is gettin' t....tighter and tighter. I need help N....NOW!" "Okay, Aj, calm down. I'll call 911, and we'll be there in a few mimnutes. Just hang in there. I'm comin'." With that, he hung up. Now all I could do was wait. I probably didn't have much longer. My leg was starting to go numb, and I felt like I was dying. Good thing Howie lives nearby...I started to drift off to sleep. No, No, I need to stay awake. I could die if I fall asleep. Then, I suddenly saw black..and I was out.


When I woke up, I was in a hospital room with my leg wrapped up. I was connected to a few machines. I took a deep breath. Oww, that hurt. I bet it would’nt hurt so much if I had stopped smoking. I looked around. I was completely isolated. The room was all white, it started to make my eyes hurt like hell. I closed them. Maybe another nap would do me some good..

When I woke up for the second time, I was in a different room, one with colors this time, surrounded by Brian, Nick, and Howie. "He's awake!" Brian yelled. "Man, are you okay? What happened?" Nick asked. I opened my mouth, but I didn't feel like talking. I motioned for Howie to get me a pen and paper, and I wrote down what I knew before I had drifted off to a world where everything was black. I handed the paper to Nick. He read it silently, then handed it to Brian. Howie read it after Brian, since he didn't quite know the full story, even though I had called him and tried to explain. "Wow, someone really IS out to get us," Nick said. "Ya think?" Howie replied, hitting him on the head. "Man, what is it with you guys, hitting, and my head? If you like it so much, just kill me, and marry it." He said. "I don't know, Nick, but sometimes you are a dork." Brian laughed. I motioned for someone to get me some water, and then maybe I could talk. My mouth was really dry. Must have been from lack of water since the accident. I took a few sips, then opened my mouth and tried to speak. "Wh..what..t.....time.....is..it?" I stuttered. Howie took out his cellphone, and checked the time. "It is 3 o clock in the morning." He said. "Aren't...you..t..tired?" I said. Brian looked at me and made a funny face. " I’ll t..take that as a n..no" I replied. "Any n..ews on..Bay..lee? I asked. Brian nodded his head. "Yeah, I got a call about 2 hours ago saying that someone saw a person in black driving up towards Sacremento. They took investigators to go and check it out, and see if they can find him. I'm pretty sure he's fine, and that they'll find him soon. What kind of car hit you?" He asked. I shrugged. "I t...think it...it was.... a b...black suburban." I replied. "That's the car someone saw heading towards Sacremento! Yeah, we'll find him." Brian said hopefully. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Nick said. "Thanks for tellin' us." Howie said. Nick laughed. "No problemo." He said, as he walked out of the room.

Then, a doctor came in. "Aj McLean? We have the results. Your leg has a minor cut, and we will stitch it up in an hour. Now for your chest. Do you or have you been smoking?" She asked. I looked at her. "Y..yes, I have, b...but not for a ...a .w...eek." I answered truthfully. "Well, that seems to be another problem. You will need to stop, it's making your breathing harder, and eventually you will die; much sooner than any other smoker. As for now, we also think you have whiplash from the accident, so that could be another reason why you're having trouble breathing." I nodded. "O..Okay. I..I will..s..top sm..ok..ing." "That would be a good idea. Now, boys, you will need to go and wait in the waiting room, as we are now going to take Aj in to surgery and stitch up that leg." Brian and Howie nodded, and left. I guess they'll call Nick to tell him where they are. Then I got wheeled out of the room, and into the surgery room. They put a mask on my face, and I drifted off into a deep sleep.


Howie's POV

Brian and I walked out into the waiting room. Surgery shouldn't take that long. After all, it's only a few stitches. A few minutes later, I saw Nick walking down the hall. "Hey, Frack, in here." He turned around, walked over to us, and sat down in a chair next to Brian, who was half awake. "Where's Aj?" Nick asked. "They took him into surgery. It should only be about 45 minutes at the least." I replied. Nick nodded. "Okay." He laughed. He looked at Brian. "Looks like Brian is a little tired," He said as he poked Brian's cheek. He didn't even budge. "Damn, he falls asleep fast." Howie said. I leaned my head back. I was pretty tired myself..Then I began to think. Oh no, my turn is next. He/She's gotten Nick, Brian, and Aj now. The only one left is me. I hope he/she doesn't go for Leigh...I started to panic. "Man, what's wrong?" Nick asked. "Nick, I'm next." I slowly said. I turned to him. Nick nodded his head. "Hey, just keep a good watch on Leigh and yourself. Maybe you'll get lucky, and the person won't bother you, or maybe he/she will try to do something, but your wicked dance moves will beat him." Nick said. I laughed. "Yeah, I'll waltz him right out of the park." Sigh. I should call Leigh and make sure she's alright. She's probably sleeping, but I need to check. I dialed her number. It rang twice, then somebody picked up. There was a short pause. "Hello. I am your worst nightmare." Someone answered. It was a man's voice. "Who are you?" "Your worst nightmare, but don't worry, Leigh is fine." Then I heard Leigh screaming,"Howie! Help me! I'm at home!" I hung up. "OH MY GOD! The person is at Leigh's house holding her captive. I gotta get down there. You stay with Brian." With that, I ran out of the hospital and jumped into the car. I sped out of the parking lot and onto the highway.

When I got to my house, I had a feeling he knew I was here, or that I was coming. I had to be very careful. While still in the car, I called 911. They would bring back up, and help me get Leigh and capture the person. I silently got out of the car and went around to the back of the house. The basement lights were on, and I could hear the person talking to Leigh. Luckily, the back door was open, and I silently went down the stairs. I started to get scared, but I needed to save my fiancee. Anything could happen. He could kill her if I don't do something. I peeked around the corner. Leigh was tied to a pole, and the person had his back to her and me, watching tv. I silently, very carefully, went up to Leigh and told her to be quiet as I got my knife and cut the rope. She snuck back upstairs, and probably went to the car to call for help. I came up behind the couch, and said, "Should we take this outside, or should I kick your ass in here where no one can hear you?" The person turned around, got up, and backed away towards the wall. I slowly walked towards him. "And no, you're not my worst nightmare, it's the other way around." Suddenly, he made a move. I jumped back, but he caught me in a headlock. I couldn't get out. Then, I thought about what Nick had said earlier about using my wicked dance moves. I thought about what to do. I had a plan. I would elbow him in the face, then do a backflip and grab the umbrella I saw hanging on the closet door. I would smack him with it, run upstairs, and hopefully the SWAT team was there waiting and could capture him.

I counted, one, two, three, then I hit him. He let go, grabbing his face in pain. I backflipped to the closet and grabbed he umbrella. The person didn't move towards me, he was in too much pain. I ran upstairs, still holding the umbrella, and just as I had thought, the SWAT team had just arrived. They swarmed into the house and downstairs. I ran outside to find Leigh. I found her in the car, and hugged her, saying everything was okay, and that the SWAT team had everything under control. I called Nick. "Hey, dude, I kicked his ass in there, man. The SWAT team is in there now, and I have Leigh. We'll know who the person is later on tonight. I'm comin' back to the hospital." I hung up. We drove back to the hospital.

When I got there, Aj was out of his room and in a wheelchair in the waiting room with Brian and Nick. They were glad to see that we were okay. I told them everything that I had done and that we'll find out who the culprit was soon. Then Brian's phone rang. "Hello? Hey Leighanne. Really?? Oh my Gosh that's great!" He hung up. "They found Baylee!" He yelled. "Yes, everything is okay now! I wonder who the culprit is though.."