- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Let's just say, y'all are gonna like this one - lots of drama. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley Mae/Kylie Kay/Carly & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana. Thank-you!

Soon as the show was over, encore and all, Riley ran over to where her brother and twin stood, her face glowing with excitement.

“Oh my God! That was awesome!” She whooped, pumping her one fist in the air happily. “I can’t believe I just did that!”

“Neither can I,” a voice spoke then, causing Riley’s eyes to go wide. “How dare you go out there as Hannah!”

Miley and Jackson sighed quietly, as they saw the elated look on their sister’s face immediately deflate. They’d wanted to warn her, that their cover had been blown, but they’d no time to do so. Especially not with their father standing so close.”

“Daddy, hi!” Riley forced a smile upon her face.

“Save it!” Robbie snapped. “You three get into Hannah’s dressing room this instant!”

Riley gulped, and cast a fearful look at her siblings, as she was roughly shoved in the direction on Hannah’s dressing room. This was it – this was when crap was going to hit the ceiling, and hit it, it would.

Once inside closed doors, and Robbie was sure no one would hear what was bound to be a shouting match, he turned on his children angrily.

“Just what were you three thinking!?” He demanded. “You could’ve just blown the whole Hannah secret tonight by pulling that ridiculous stunt!”

“Daddy, nobody could tell the difference,” Miley piped up, as she noticed Riley instinctively shrinking away from their father. “For all they know, Hannah has two guitars – like most pop stars should.”

Robbie’s eyes narrowed dangerously. “You know what I think of her singing! It’s been forbidden!”

“But why, Dad?” Jackson wanted to know. “You can’t expect us to just automatically understand this. Not when she sings like an Angel!”

“Look, as long as you three live under my roof, you’ll do as I say!” Robbie snapped. “From here on out, you’re all grounded until further notice! You’re real lucky I don’t up and cancel the rest of Hannah’s tour, Miley Rae!”

Miley’s jaw just about hit the floor. “Daddy, Hannah can’t be grounded! She’s appearances to make!”

“Well, then, guess Hannah just might have to miss a few,” Robbie stated firmly.

“And let Mikayla win? Daddy, no!” Miley cried. “Hannah has to make all her appearances! She has too!”

“Just leave Hannah be!” Riley growled suddenly. “It’s me you’re really mad at, so leave them alone! So they let me sing, big deal. It’s not like I’m ever going to get to do it again – not if you have anything to do with it.”

“You watch your mouth, girl,” Robbie ordered. “Because you’re next on my punishment list.”

“So what else is new?” Riley retorted angrily. “Why is it, nothing I do is ever good enough for you? No matter how hard I try, I’m just not good enough! I’m never going to please you! Never!”

“You want to please me?” Robbie challenged. “Then keep that trap of yours shut, and refrain from ever singing again! That is what will please me!”

“I’ve already been doing that!” Riley yelled. “And I know that’s not good enough for you, because you still scream at me constantly for every stupid little thing!”

“Well, maybe if you quit being so stupid girl, I’d ease up a bit!” Robbie snapped. “All you do lately is act stupid and whine about it when you get caught!”

“Dad,” Jackson tried to cut in, only to be given a sharp look from their father, causing him to go silent once more.

“I didn’t think I’d raised stupid children – least, not after Jackson here,” Robbie continued, jerking a thumb in his son’s direction.

“Hey now,” Jackson cut in again. “I resent that remark! You’re not only trying to destroy Riley’s spirit and crush her dreams, but now you’re verbally abusing me too! And what for? Just to try and make Riles feel worse than she already does? We all know you miss Mom, but that’s no reason to take it out on us – and especially no reason for you to treat Riles so horribly.”

Don’t you go telling me how to treat y’all!” Robbie retorted. “I am the father here! Now, Carly, get out of that get up and get your butt to the bus, so we can go!”

“My name is not Carly!” Riley shouted angrily, her eyes blazing. “It’s Riley Mae! Just because Mom picked out my name, is not reason enough for you to only use it when you actually feel the need to do so!”

Robbie stepped towards his middle child dangerously. “You will do as you’re told, Young Lady or else.”

“Or else what? Are you going to spank her, Dad?” Jackson demanded. “Hmm? You gonna give her Hell for using her real name for once?”

Don’t tempt me, Jackson!” Robbie barked. “Now, all of you, git to doing what you’ve been told!”

He turned on Riley once more then, “And you, young lady, are to never sing again! Come morning, that guitar of yours is firewood! You hear me?”

Riley’s eyes burned with unwanted, frustrated, angry tears then. She choked back the sob that was desperately trying to escape her, and turned, storming into the bathroom to change back into her ‘Carly’ outfit. It’d be a cold day in Hell before she let her father burn the guitar her mother had given her. A very cold day!

“Daddy, I can’t say that I even know you anymore,” Miley commented, as her sister closed the bathroom door. “I can’t believe what you’ve become.”

“I’ll see you on the bus – y’all have ten minutes to be on it too,” Robbie replied, ignoring his youngest daughter’s comment. He then turned and walked out of the room, leaving them to wait on Riley.

A few minutes after he’d left, Riley emerged from the bathroom, her eyes slightly red from crying. Her father was right – she was stupid. She’d been stupid enough to grab her own guitar, instead of Miley’s, while pretending to be Hannah, thus ruining her night. She did this to herself, and not anyone else.

“Hey Riles,” Jackson forced a smile upon his face for her. “How you feelin’, Kiddo?”

“Daddy was right,” Riley stated softly. “I’m an idiot.”

Riley,” Jackson sighed heavily. “We’ve been through this.”

“No, for once, he’s right Jackson,” Riley insisted. “If I had’ve listened to Miley, and remembered to grab her guitar instead of mine, none of us would be in any trouble right now. All I do is cause trouble, and then whine about it when caught – Daddy was right about that too. It’s time I grew up and faced the facts. Facts are, I’m too stupid and whiney for Daddy to love, not that I can blame him. Why should he love me, when all I’ve done is cause him trouble? I’m a bad seed, end of story.”

“Riley,” Miley tried. “You’re not…”

“I’m a bad seed!” Riley exclaimed, giving them both an annoyed Look. “Now, let’s go before I manage to get you guys into anymore trouble.”

Miley sighed as Jackson groaned, each of them giving the other an exasperated look as they followed their sister out of the dressing room and out to the awaiting tour bus.