- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote some more of this tonight, so decided it was safe to post more as well - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley/Kylie/Carly/Trixie, Connor, & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana. Thank-you!

Songs are Just A Girl & Clear by Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus.

It was now two weeks later, as Miley lie on her Hotel bed, staring at the ceiling. Her and her father had come to Orlando, Florida in hopes that her twin was Backstreet Boys hunting. She had often said she wanted to do that, so Florida had been the first logical destination to search for her.

“Do any of them Boys even still live around here?” Robbie demanded, as he headed on into the bathroom. “I mean, we’ve searched everywhere – even Disney World – and still no sign of them.”

“I think a couple of them might,” Miley replied, draping an arm over her eyes. “Though, some might be in California, Georgia, or Kentucky. I say we try Georgia next – we already know they weren’t in California, or Kentucky.”

“I hope you’re right about this,” Robbie stated. “It’d be easier to follow them Boys around if they were touring, but right now they’re in the studio.”

Miley sighed heavily, as she closed her eyes in defeat. She never thought it’d be so hard to find her twin, of all people.

Finally, I've been waitin' for this moment, for you to see, the real me
It's been an illusion, I never meant to fool you; I got caught up in a fantasy…


Miley slowly sat up in confusion, as she heard singing coming from the television. She could’ve sworn she knew that voice! She eyed the girl on the screen warily, praying she was right in her suspicions.

I’m just a girl, with a dream that got the best of me.
In a world, that believes fame is everything.
Got outta touch, with the ones who gave me my wings to fly, to fly…


Her eyes went wide as saucers, as she took in the blue guitar. “Daddy! Daddy, come quick! I’ve found Riles!”

“What? Where?” Robbie asked, as he came flying out of the bathroom.

Before Miley could answer, the voice singing continued, causing Robbie to turn to face the television in surprise now as well.

People say, that the world is like a stage.
They’re so confused, the rules I play.
I been away from home for so long; that I, I almost forgot where I belong.
Ye-eah…


“Miles, grab my phone and get the airport on the line,” Robbie told her. “Then start to pack – we’ve a flight to Chicago to catch.”

“But Daddy, how do you know if she’s still there?”

“Trust me, Kiddo. She’ll be there with that brother of yours.”

I’m just a girl, with a dream that got the best of me.
In a world that believes fame is everything. Got outta touch, with the ones who gave me my wings to fly, to fly…


Miley got the airline on the phone, and while her father worked out the details, she began to pack as quickly as she could. She hadn’t seen her sister in months and couldn’t wait a moment longer to hug her once more.

~~~~~

Jackson entered the Motel room where he and Riley had been staying, while in Chicago. He could hear the shower running, and knew Riley was doing as he’d advised. The poor kid was feeling under the weather, and had a slight fever, so he’d suggested she take a slightly warm shower to cool off.

He glanced over at the bed they shared – as they could only afford one bed, and she snuck into his room enough back home anyway – and saw that she’d left the lyrics she’d been working on, out in plain view. Curious, he went over and picked the piece of paper up and began to read it.

It’s 6am and I’m wide-awake
‘Cause I can’t stop thinking ‘bout the stuff you were sayin’ to me
and I, I can’t let it slide
The paper’s not here yet
The sun’s not up
But I’m not afraid to tell you what I feel inside
I had one of those dreams that made it all so


“Girl’s been thinking about Dad again, I bet,” Jackson thought to himself. “He’s hurt her so bad. I can’t believe it’s taken him this long to even realize it.”

Clear to me now
I got a whole new perspective
It’s so clear to me now
You can’t treat me that way
It appears to me how long you tried to make me frame you
It was me who was bein’ the fake
So clear


“She’s lucky I know her well, or I’d be mighty worried right now reading these lyrics,” Jackson mused, shaking his head. “I swear she likes to scare people whenever she can.”

Why did I smile when I hurt inside?
Said I was okay, when I knew it’s a lie
I wanted to believe in you
You took your chances
Woe was me
So I’ll just forgive you
And set you free
I’m on my way
Yeah, I’m steppin’ out of the hate
And it’s so…


Jackson read the chorus again, pausing a moment when he heard the shower stop. He eyed the door warily, and realizing it usually took her a bit to get dressed and such, he glanced back down at the paper.

I wanna put the past behind
Try and maybe I can find better days
First time in awhile think I even feel
A smile on my face…


“Hmm…. seems she’s might’ve forgiven Dad….” Jackson concluded. “Though, I don’t think he’s really done a thing to deserve it. This just proves she’s a bigger heart than people care to think. She may never be able to forget, but at least she’s willing to forgive.”

He set the sheet of paper back down upon the bed, then moved to sit in the one chair that was in the room, and flicked the television on. He had to wait a little while before she’d be ready for lunch anyway. And besides, he didn’t want her to know he’d read her latest piece – she could be touchy about that when she wanted to be.

A little while later, Riley finally emerged from the bathroom, her hair still damp from the shower. Despite the fact the shower had cooled her off some, her face was still a little flushed.

“Um…would you mind if we maybe skipped lunch today?” Riley asked him sheepishly. “I’m not so sure I feel up to going out.”

“You don’t sound so great either,” Jackson commented. “Lie down and rest. We can watch a movie.”

“You’ll let me order pay-per-view?” Riley queried hopefully, as she crawled onto the bed and curled up. “Are you gonna lie with me? I’m cold.”

“Yes, and yes,” Jackson answered, getting up and joining her on the bed. “You know, no one can ever say you and Miles are the same. Because there’s no way Miles would be caught dead snuggling up against me.”

“I like to be different,” Riley shrugged, smiling as he lie next to her, and let her curl up against him. “And I don’t care what people think of me for loving my brother. You’re just as special to me as Miley is – sometimes maybe a little more.”

Jackson chuckled. “I don’t mind, so long as no one accuses me of dating my sister.”

“Don’t you mean cousin?” Riley countered a tad bitterly. “Nobody even knows I’m your sister. Only Oprah knows you’re Trixie’s brother; and even then you were under disguise.”

Jackson slapped her side playfully. “Hush you. Now pick a movie, before I change my mind.”

“Alvin and the Chipmunks!” Riley exclaimed hoarsely. “It’s my favourite!”

“All right. Chipmunks it is,” Jackson nodded, clicking on the channel and pushing ‘yes’ when asked if he wanted to purchase it. “But I better not end up watching the end of this alone.”

Riley giggled softly. “I promise to try and not make you watch it alone.”

“Good enough,” Jackson nodded, kissing her head affectionately. “Love yah, Kid.”

“Shh!” Riley hissed, then added a moment later, “love you too.”