- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Three more chapters to go y'all! Can you believe it?! There's an actual ending in sight! O-M-G! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley/Kylie/Carly/Trixie, teachers, Connor, & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana & Oprah owns herself. Thank-you!
“Thank-you again, for meeting with us, Oprah,” Robbie Ray said, as he and Hannah Montana sat across from her. “We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so.”

“It’s always a pleasure having Hannah here,” Oprah smiled. “Now, do tell me again, why you want to know more about Trixie Dixon.”

“We would like for her to be the opening act for Hannah’s sold out tour,” Robbie ray replied. “And no one in the music business seems to know how to get a hold of her. We were hoping you could help us out.”

“I’m afraid all I have is the phone number she left,” Oprah replied. “She’s quite the mystery to me as well. But, she’s sweet and extremely talented, so I figured I’d take a risk with her.”

“What if you call her up and have her come back on the show,” Hannah suggested. “And we came out to surprise her part way through it? Wouldn’t that be fun?”

“That does sound like a wonderful idea,” Oprah smiled. “I am sure Trixie will be thrilled.”

“Prolly about as thrilled as Uncle Earl when someone steals the last piece of turkey from him on Thanksgiving,” Hannah commented to Robbie, then turned to Oprah. “Oh, I am sure she’ll be surprised.”

~~~~~

Jackson grabbed for Riley’s phone when he heard it ringing. His sister had been sleeping since before lunch, and he intended to keep it that way.

“Hello?”

“Hi, may I speak to Trixie Dixon, please?”

“May I ask who’s calling?”

“This is Oprah. May I ask who I am speaking to?”

“Her brother,” Jackson answered. “What can I do for you Oprah?”

“Is Trixie there?”

Jackson glanced down at his sister, whom was still snuggled up against him. “She’s here, but she’s sleeping right now. Can I take a message?”

“I was just calling to invite her back on my show,” Oprah replied. “I’ve had people asking me about her. You should see all the emails and letters I’ve been getting.”

“Well, I’m afraid it’ll have to wait until she’s feeling better,” Jackson stated. “She’s a little under the weather right now.”

“Oh, well, how about you give me a call once the timing is right,” Oprah suggested. “I’ll give you my number, and you can get back to me at a later date.”

“That would be great,” Jackson agreed. “Thanks Oprah.”

~~~~~

Oprah gave her number, for them to call once Trixie was well, then hung up the phone.

“Well? What did she say?” Hannah demanded, trying not to seem too eager. “Is she coming on your show?”

“She will be, once she’s feeling better,” Oprah said. “Apparently, she’s a little under the weather right now.”

“How under the weather is she?” Robbie questioned, feeling a little worried.

“Her brother didn’t say,” Oprah replied. “But he promised to have her call back once she was up to doing so.”

“Her brother, huh,” Robbie commented. “Did he happen to give his name?”

“If I recall correctly, his name was Connor Dixon.”

“Well, I am sure Connor knows how to take good care of her.”

“I’m sure he does,” Oprah nodded. “They seemed mighty close when she was here before.”

“Oh, they’re close alright,” Hannah muttered. “Annoyingly close.”

“Did you say something, Sweetheart?” Oprah asked, looking over at Hannah.

“Me? Oh, I said how sweet it was that she has such a fabulous brother,” Hannah lied, smiling sweetly. “How I wish I had one as good as he seems to be.”

“Well, until Trixie calls me back, there’s really not much more I can do I’m afraid,” Oprah apologized. “But I will be sure to give you a call once I have a set date for her next appearance.”

“Thank-you so very much for your time, Oprah,” Robbie said. “It’s been much appreciated.”

~~~~~

“Who was on the phone?” Riley asked groggily, as she rubbed at her eyes.

“Oprah,” Jackson replied.

Oprah!?” Riley exclaimed. “What’d she want?”

“She wants you to make another appearance on her show,” Jackson answered. “Seems you’ve a whole lot of fans who’re asking about you.”

“When does she want me back? Riley asked, shifting so she could look at her brother. “It’s not tomorrow, is it?”

“I told her you’d call her once you were feeling better,” Jackson told her. “And before you protest – there is no way I am letting you go onstage while sick. That could do more damage than good.”

“You’re not Daddy, Jackson,” Riley argued. “You don’t get to make those types of decisions. And really, neither does Daddy. I am my own woman.”

“You’re hardly a woman, Riles,” Jackson remarked. “You’re a fifteen-year-old girl who thinks she knows everything. When really, you don’t know very much at all.”

“Well, aren’t you just a ray of sunshine this afternoon,” Riley countered, stifling a yawn. “Maybe you should’ve taken a nap too; then you wouldn’t have such a large stick up your…”

Don’t you even think of finishing that line,” Jackson stated firmly, giving her a Look. “I know you have manners buried somewhere inside that head of yours.”

“Says the one who eats like a pig all the time” Riley retorted. “Don’t you have any manners, Jackson?”

“I’m a guy. Guys are supposed to eat like pigs,” Jackson responded. “It’s what we do.”

Riley snorted, as she lie her head back down on his chest. “You’re lucky I’m not feeling well right now, or this argument would so be won by me.”

Jackson wrapped his arm around her once more. “Says who? You? I don’t think you’ve ever won one of our arguments, Riles. What makes you think you’ll win one now?”

Riley sighed. “Because you’re my brother, and you love me, and feel bad that I’m sick.”

Jackson laughed somewhat. “Some day, I’d like to see the inside of your brain so I can know what really goes on in there.”

“I don’t think I wanna see the inside of yours,” Riley teased, as she closed her eyes once more. “But I love you anyway - even if your brain has worms in it. Eew!”

“Go back to sleep, Runt,” Jackson chuckled. “You’ll need all the rest you can get, if you want to go back on Oprah soon.”

“Shh. I’m sleeping,” Riley whispered.

Jackson smiled down at her, though she couldn’t see him through her closed eyes. He pulled the blanket wrapped around her up higher, and changed the T.V. station to Family channel. It was going to be a long day of rest and relaxation – not that he minded – it was what he did best.