- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Two more chapters to go y'all! We’re almost there! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley/Kylie/Carly/Trixie, teachers, Connor, & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana & Oprah owns herself. Thank-you!
Three days after talking with Oprah, Robbie received a phone call from the show’s producer, telling him that Trixie Dixon would be on the next morning. Apparently, the new young pop star was over whatever bug it was she’d contracted, and was eager to be on the show again.

“Hey Miles, don’t go getting your hopes up that she’ll be excited to see us,” Robbie told his youngest gently. “She’s probably still pretty angry with me, for everything that’s happened over the years. Not that I can say I blame her, now that I’ve realized some of the damage I caused.”

“Daddy, you worry too much,” Miley smiled. “Riley will be excited to see us, I just know it.”

“You best start thinking realistic girl,” Robbie warned. “Because I’ve the feeling she just may try to run again, once she sees us.”

“Trust me, Riles will not go running off the stage,” Miley replied, placing her hands on each of her father’s shoulders. “I know my sister. There’s no way she’d embarrass herself on national television or in front of Oprah.”

“If you say so, Kiddo,” Robbie shrugged. “I just don’t want you to end up disappointed.”

“No worries, Daddy,” Miley waved him off. “She can’t hurt me anymore than she already has. And even then, I know she didn’t mean to do so. She’s my twin; we’re just connected like that.”

~~~~~

The next day Trixie Dixon was once more on the Oprah Winfrey show. Only difference was that this time, her brother was onstage with her.

“So what have you two been up to, since your last appearance on the show?” Oprah questioned. “Anything special?”

“Well, I’ve been writing a little bit,” Trixie admitted. “I’ve come to realize some things, that I wish I had’ve realized awhile ago. It would’ve saved me a whole lot of trouble. But sometimes stuff just happens, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

“Would’ve saved us all a whole lot of trouble, Kid,” Connor teased.

Trixie rolled her eyes. “So you keep on telling me.”

“What do you think of your sister wanting to become a pop star?” Oprah asked Connor.

“I think if anyone deserves it, it’s her,” Connor replied honestly. “She’s got the heart, and she’s got the talent.”

Trixie blushed a little bit. Even after all these years, she wasn’t used to her brother’s praise. She’d no idea what she’d ever done to deserve it, but she loved him for it.

“I think it’s very sweet that you support your sister so much,” Oprah commented. “You don’t see siblings so close, all that often anymore. Why do you think you two are so close?”

Connor eyed Trixie, as she played idly with the hem of her shirt. He shook his head, though he was smiling as he did so.

“I think we just understand one another well,” Connor answered. “She may be my little sister, but there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her. Whether it’s as her diary, or beating up the punk that broke her heart. I’d do it all, just because she’s my sister.”

Trixie giggled a little. “No worries about beating anyone up, Connor. No one’s exactly come beating down my door yet.”

“They will, just you wait,” Connor assured her. “And I’ll be standing there with a shot gun.”

Trixie laughed even more. “No you won’t be. I’ll believe it, when I see it, Connor.”

~~~~~

“Would you look at them laughing it up out there, as though everything’s all peachy keen,” Robbie commented as him and Hannah watched the show from the green room. “You’d think all was perfect in their little world.”

“Maybe in their world it is,” Hannah shrugged. “Not that I would know or anything, since I seem to be left out of the loop quite often.”

“Which I fully take the blame for Darlin’,” Robbie stated. “If I hadn’t decided you were more important than them, they wouldn’t’ve had to band together.”

“So what? I’m not important anymore?” Hannah demanded.

“That’s not what I meant, and you know it, Hannah,” Robbie replied. “You’re all equally important. It just took me a long while to realize that.”

Hannah smirked a little. “That’s all I needed to hear, Daddy.”

~~~~

“So tell me Trixie,” Oprah began, “if you could work with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?”

“The Backstreet Boys and Hannah Montana,” Trixie replied without even having to think about it. Though in her mind, she could just hear Miley protesting at being named second. “Hannah Montana because she’s amazing, and I love her music. It’s fun, honest, and catchy. As for the Backstreet Boys, well, they’re my idols. I’ve loved them since forever, and would give just about anything to do a song with them. And if I can only have one, send Nick Carter please!”

Jackson snorted. “You and Nick Carter, I swear! If I didn’t know any better I’d swear you thought you were going to marry the guy.”

Trixie cast her brother a wary look. “It’s doesn’t hurt to dream, Connor.”

“Well, keep on dreaming then, because it’s not going to happen,” Connor stated. “The guy’s, like, thirty!”

Trixie rolled her eyes. “Thirty he may be, but in my dreams, he’s as old as I want him to be.”

Oprah laughed listening to them and their banter. “Well, it just so happens I have a surprise for you Trixie. One of your dreams is about to come true, as one of them is here today.”

“Nick Carter?!” Trixie exclaimed hopefully, her eyes darting around eagerly.

“No,” Oprah shook her head. “Hannah Montana!”

“Hannah Mon – oh, boy!” Connor said, making an exaggerated face. This could only mean one thing – trouble!

Trixie’s eyes went wide as saucers, as she froze suddenly. Hannah Montana!? Her sister was here?! Which could only mean one thing…their father was too! Oh, crap!

“Hey y’all!” Hannah smiled, as she came out waving to everyone. She hurried up onto the stage, and practically tackled Trixie in a hug. “Hiya Trixie!”

Trixie gulped, as she hugged Hannah in return tightly. It was taking everything in her not to cry! She hadn’t seen her sister in months! Which was technically her fault, but still!

Robbie took his seat, and greeted Oprah, as everyone watched the two girls embrace.

“Suspicious!” Connor coughed into his hand, so his sisters could only hear. The last thing they needed was for their dirty laundry to come out on Oprah of all shows.

“Hi,” Trixie squeaked. She took her seat next to her brother once more, and tried not to look too worried when daring to cast a glance at their father. “N-Nice to meet y’all.”

“So I hear you have big news for Trixie, Hannah,” Oprah encouraged, eager to surprise the music newcomer. “Why don’t you tell us what it is?”

“My Daddy and I were wondering if you’d like to go on tour with me, as my opening act!” Hannah grinned excitedly. “I just know we’ll have a blast doing it!”

Trixie looked genuinely surprised, but also a little suspicious. What if this was just a ploy to get her to come home, she their father could control her once more?

“I’m not sure my Daddy would ever agree to it,” Trixie replied. “He’s never really approved of my singing, the way Connor here has.”

“I’m sure he’s all for it,” Robbie stated, eying her in return.

“You don’t know my Daddy like I do,” Trixie insisted. “He’d be sure to have a massive cow if he knew I was trying to pursue my dream without his permission.”

“I bet I do,” Robbie challenged. “And I’m sure your Daddy might’ve just recently had a change of heart.”

“Well, if he has, I’d really like to know what brought it on,” Trixie responded a little too sweetly. “Because you see, my Daddy has never allowed me to do anything that would make me happy. My Daddy blames me for something that happened when I was just six-years-old. Something that I had no control over, because if I did, it never would’ve happened.”

“Well, what do you say we talk to that Daddy of yours after the show, and see if we can change his mind,” Hannah piped up through gritted teeth, a smile forced upon her face.

“I agree!” Connor jumped in quickly.

“We’ll be right back after this break!” Oprah insisted, as she eyed both girls curiously. She’d a feeling they all knew something that she didn’t; something they probably didn’t want broadcasted on national television.

What are you doing!?” Connor hissed into Trixie’s ear. “You’re going to blow our cover.”

Trixie huffed a little. “I am trying to figure out just why he suddenly decided to come and find me. I mean, after all these months, why now?”

“Maybe because he had an epiphany,” Connor whispered. “Maybe because he finally realized that you are more important than a certain sister’s alter-ego.”

“Pfft,” Trixie scoffed. “Like that would ever happen.”

“Look,” Oprah spoke suddenly. “I don’t know all of what’s going on here, but unless you want the world to find out whatever it is you’re hiding, you might want to tone it down with the sarcastic remarks.”

“No worries Oprah,” Trixie said, hopping off her stool. “Because I’m out of here.”

“Trixie! Wait!” Hannah pleaded, jumping up and grabbing her arm. “C’mon. Don’t do this! If you walk off this show, you’re ruining your chances at making your dream come true.”

“Why would you care?” Trixie snapped. “You already got everything I ever wanted! The fame, the fortune, the fans…hell, even Dad.”

Oprah raised her eyebrows slightly in surprise. She was glad they were speaking quietly and that she’d requested their microphones be turned off for the break.

“Excuse us a moment, will you Oprah?” Hannah smiled. “Trixie and I need to have a little talk.”

Trixie scowled, as Hannah practically dragged her off stage.

What are you doing!?” Hannah exclaimed quietly. “Are you really trying to blow our secrets? Riles, we came here to surprise you, because Daddy’s really has had a change of heart. He feels just awful about how he’s been treating you all these years.”

“And so he should!” Trixie countered.

Why must you be so difficult!” Hannah raged, shaking her sister slightly. “It’s not always all about you! And don’t you dare throw Hannah back in my face! Because everything behind the scenes has always been about you! About how you always feel so sad, and hurt and upset. Well, wake up already! Daddy is trying to fix things. You have got to forgive and forget. And if you can’t forget, at least forgive! And if you can’t do it for your sake, then please do it for mine!”

Trixie stared at Hannah for a long moment. “You know, we’re making a scene,” she stated, smirking a little. “We haven’t made a scene like this in years.”

Hannah snorted, unable to help herself. “Lucky us, no one around here cares. Oprah has them all sign confidentially contracts, in case us celebrities spill stuff we shouldn’t while back here.”

Both girls burst into laughter, as they headed back out onstage to finish the interview. It was just after a second commercial break when they both walked out, giggling conspiringly together.

“Everything okay girls?” Oprah asked, still a little confused by everything.

“We’re cool,” both girls replied in unison, causing them to laugh even more. “Jinx! Jinx! Jinx! Double Jinx! Jinx!”

“Okay, we get it!” Connor grinned. “You’ve jinxed one another. You both have to speak, so you both owe the other a soda. Now move on.”

The giggling ensued as they each resumed their seats. They weren’t quite sure what was so funny; all they knew was that it felt extremely good to laugh together once more.

“Do you really think my Daddy’s had a change of heart?” Trixie questioned Robbie. “I’m not so sure I’ll be able to convince him I’m good enough just yet.”

“I’m sure it’ll all work out just fine, Darlin’,” Robbie assured her. “You just let me have a word with that Daddy of yours.”

“I’ll believe it, when I see it,” Trixie shrugged, smiling as she nudged her brother just because. “And Oprah, thank-you for making one of my dreams come true. It’s always a pleasure being on your show. And I’m sorry for any confusion. Sometimes I tend to speak without thinking first.”

“It’s quite alright,” Oprah smiled. “I’m just glad everything seems to be working out for you.”

“And next time…” Trixie began with an innocent smile. “Do you think you could have Nick Carter hiding somewhere for me? I’d really like that!”

Connor groaned, as Robbie made a face, and Hannah burst into laughter.

“I’ll see what I can do,” Oprah laughed. Shaking her head in amusement.

Chapter End Notes:
Anyone confused by all their alter-egos yet? Lol.