- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, I said I was on a roll! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley Mae/Kylie Kay/Carly & story idea. Disney owns Hannah Montana. Miley Cyrus owns all songs used in this chapter.

Over the next little while, Miley secretly snuck her sister into Hannah rehearsals, by letting her be Hannah for them. She knew her sister needed to have the moves down pat, otherwise their plan was never going to work. And it needed to work! She wanted for the night to be perfect for her sister.

Riley was having the time of her life, posing as Hannah Montana. And so far, so long as she and Miley never stood next to one another, all was going well. Their father was completely clueless to their little scheme and by the looks out if, she’d finally be able to live out her dream – if only for one night.

“How’s my hair look?” Riley asked nervously, as tonight was the big night. Tonight, she’d get to be Hannah Montana. “Is it on right? It won’t fall off if I happen to tug at it slightly, will it?”

Miley laughed, easily amused with her sister’s nerves. “Relax. You can tug a little bit, if you do it lightly – it’s not gonna fall off. Pablo made sure it was stuck on there tight, just like he always does. Besides, if it won’t fall off when I move my head as much as I do, don’t you think it could at least withstand some tugging?”

“Ha. I forgot just how much Hannah moves her head when performing,” Riley admitted. “I’m nervous, so sue me.”

“You’ll be fine,” Miley assured her. “You’ve been doing my rehearsals for two weeks now, and no one has caught on. You’re going to be amazing tonight, so just go out there and have some fun with it while you can. And remember, Hannah doesn’t own a blue guitar.”

Riley gave her sister a sheepish grin. “So make sure I grab yours and not mine, right?”

“If you think of it at the time, yeah,” Miley nodded. “Otherwise Daddy just might get a clue, and figure us out and blow the whole thing.”

“Who’s blowin’ what?” Robbie asked, as he stepped into the room, closing the door on the press. “Wow, Hannah. You’re looking as lovely as ever.”

“Thanks Daddy,” Riley smiled, as Hannah, momentarily forgetting he figured her to be her sister. “Carly here was just helping me go over something, but I’m good to go now.”

“Speaking of going now, Carly, don’t you have somewhere else to be?” Robbie stated, eyeing the other girl in the room warily.

Miley gave him a confused look. “Somewhere else to be….? Oh! Yeah, I guess I do,” she scowled, trying to remember to play her sister well. She could not blow this for her!

“See yah later Carly,” Riley grinned.

“Yeah, later Hannah,” Miley replied with a half wave, though inside she was extremely excited for her sister.

“Dad, the crowd’s getting restless,” Jackson said, as he entered the room, just as Miley was leaving. “Miss Johnson is waiting for you, Carly.”

“Whatever,” Miley answered, giving Jackson a secret wink.

“Well, I’ll go let them know Hannah will be there in a moment,” Robbie rejoined. “Hurry it up Hannah.”

Riley waited until their father had left the room, then gave Jackson the biggest grin he’d ever seen her give. “So, how do I look? Am I totally Hannah, or what?”

“Well, you sure fooled Dad real well,” Jackson smiled. “So, for now we’ve passed test number one. It’s the crowd you really gotta fool.”

“Oh, puh-lease Jackson,” Riley rolled her eyes. “All I have to do is sing and flip my hair about, and they’ll be perfectly happy and never know a thing.”

“Well, then don’t you think you’d best get out there and do just that then, Hannah?” Jackson questioned. “I mean, if you’re ready and all.”

“I was born ready,” Riley grinned. “Now, c’mon! I’ve a show to do... God, I never thought I’d hear myself say those words….”

“I’m as happy about it as you are, now get!” Jackson ordered, laughing as his sister hurried on out fast as she could. “Let the party begin….”

The crowd went wild as Hannah Montana took the stage, though little did everyone know that the true Hannah actually stood hidden in the wings secretly watching.

“Are you all ready to party?” Hannah exclaimed, as she began to sing. “C'mon guys tell me what we're doin'; we’re hanging round, when we could be all over the place…”

Miley smiled as she watched her sister from where she was hidden. She knew she’d shine like a bright star. It was in her blood – it was her passion, her dream... If only their father could see just how much this meant to Riley… If only he knew just how much he was hurting her by alienating her, and treating her like crap… If only he knew things, that a father should know about their children…

She shook her head, deciding she wouldn’t dwell on the problems surrounding her twin’s relationship with their father. She was going to enjoy this show, for once getting to watch it all from behind the scenes. She wished she’d thought of this long ago, as this could’ve been a fun thing to do when she was sick, thus meaning Hannah couldn’t perform. If they’d switched for those times, no one would know that Hannah too got sick every once in awhile. Oh, what fun that would’ve been! Hannah would’ve totally outdone Mikayla by one hundred percent then!

Meanwhile, Hannah kept on rocking the stage like an old pro, never having been happier before in her life! She’d never had so much fun before either! This life totally rocked!

“Life's what you make it, so let's make it rock,” Riley sang, bobbing her head, as well as her Hannah wig, along to the beat. “Life's what you make it, so come on, come on, (everybody now)!”

Riley began to jump about and dance, as she continued on with the song, getting chills as she heard the audience sing along with her. Oh, this was so much fun!

After a few more songs, she finally was able to do what she loved best – sit on a stool and strum her guitar. Though, without knowing it, she’d made the mistake Miley had warned her not to make – she’d grabbed her blue guitar, instead of Miley’s red one.

She sat upon the stool that had been set out for her, and began to strum the guitar beautifully, as she began to sing. She sang with everything she had in her, as this one was special to her – this one she’d written, only to have it stolen from her. But now, at this very moment, it was once more hers and hers alone.

“Wonderful, ain’t she?” Jackson stated, startling Miley, causing her to jump. “If only Dad would give her a chance, then she’d get to shine like this too all the time.”

“Yeah, she’s great,” Miley replied, sounding a tad bitter.

“Hey, this was your idea,” Jackson reminded her. “And she’s our sister, Miles. She deserves a chance to be happy too. And even if you think she’s doing a better job, let it go. You’re both real good, and there’s no reason for you to be jealous of her. You’re the one with all the fans, anyway, remember?”

“Yeah, I know,” Miley replied, looking a bit sheepish now. “It’s just – I forgot just how wonderful she was at this. I haven’t heard her sing in so long, that when I see her do it now, I can’t help but wish I sounded just as good. I mean, it should be her up there, not me. And yet, I’m the one living out our dream, while she gets lost in the shadows. It’s just not right, Jackson.”

“You both deserve it,” Jackson insisted, giving her a pointed look. “And one of these days, I guarantee Riles will be right up there alongside you singing her heart out, as you share a microphone. Just like when we were kids.”

“I sure hope so,” Miley sighed. “It’d sure be a blast.”

Unknown to his children, Robbie Ray had almost immediately picked up on the guitar mistake. He eyed the blond girl currently onstage curiously, wondering why in the world she’d use her sister’s guitar – which, for some reason was still in tune. As he watched Hannah, he noticed slight movement on the other side of the stage, and realized his other two children were currently standing there watching Hannah perform.

He narrowed his eyes at the thought of Riley secretly watching – what was that girl thinking? Was she trying to blow the cover they had created for her? But, if Riley was watching, then why was Hannah using the forbidden blue guitar?

He listened closely then, and realized that Hannah’s voice was really a voice he hadn’t heard in a very long time. His eyes narrowed dangerously, as he felt his blood boil. So, they thought they could pull one over on him, did they? Well, he’d be sure to let them know he’d caught on to their little scheme – that he wasn’t as oblivious as they figured him to be.

He quietly stepped back from where he’d been standing, and silently walked over to where Jackson stood with one of the girls – one that he knew to be Miley, upon eaves dropping on their little private conversation.

“So, thought you all could pull one over on me, did you?” Robbie began, startling the two watching the show. “Did you really think I wouldn’t realize that you let her up there? Do you think I’m that stupid or something?”

“Daddy, what’re you talking about?” Miley asked, giving him her best confused look. “That’s Hannah up there, and not anybody else.”

“Can it Miles, I know it’s your sister up there!” Robbie snapped. “You all know, that no one is allowed to use that blue guitar, she insists upon bringing everywhere we go! And lookie what Hannah’s playing – the forbidden guitar.”

“So what if they did switch, Dad,” Jackson snapped suddenly. “Can you blame them? You give all your attention to Miles and Hannah Montana that you’ve pretty much forgotten that Riley even exists!”

Don’t you use that name around me boy!” Robbie roared. “You tryin’ to blow our cover or somethin’, here?”

“Daddy,” Miley tried, only to be cut off.

“Save it Miles. You three are in a whole lot of trouble right now.”

“What’re you going to do, Dad? Yank Hannah off the stage, and postpone the rest of the show just to make them switch back? You know people won’t be happy about that,” Jackson remarked.

“Just you wait – soon as Hannah’s finished her little show, you three and I are going to have a little talk,” Robbie replied, his tone of voice giving away just how angry he truly is.

“Well, least she gets one night,” Miley whispered to Jackson softly, as their father moved back to talk to someone on the crew.

“You’ve all been wonderful tonight!” Hannah shouted out to the crowd. “Now, we’ve got time for one more. You all know this one, so sing along!”

“You get the limo out front, hottest styles, every shoe, every color. Yeah when you're famous it can be kinda fun, it’s really you but no one ever discovers. In some ways you're just like all your friends, but on stage you're a star.”

“Sing it!” Riley exclaimed into her microphone as she began to dance along to the music, happy to hear the crowd join in.

“You get the best of both worlds. Chill it out; take it slow, then you rock out the show. You get the best of both worlds. Mix it all together, and you know that it's the best of both worlds!”