- Text Size +
And here is the updated version!

I Want It That Way
Chapter 10 – Nick

When I woke up, I rolled over and attempted to drape my arm over her. All that greeted me was a mess of rumpled sheets. Glancing around, I realized that she was no where to be found. Thinking she had left, I quickly jumped out of the bed and ran to the living room.

That’s when I saw her. She was sitting at the table, quietly sipping coffee. My heart raced as I thought of what to say, but I couldn’t come up with the words.

Luckily, she could.

“Why are you wearing nothing?” She asked me, looking pretty annoyed. I cringed, this definitely wasn’t going the way I had planned it at all. Oh, and I wasn’t wearing nothing. I was still dressed in my boxers, thank you very much.

“Because that’s what I slept in.” I replied. That much should have been obvious.

“Well, Nickolas.” She said, standing up. Uh oh, using the full name is never a good sign. She glared at me and placed her empty coffee cup down on the table. “Tell me why I woke up beneath your grasp.”

See how she’s changing the subject? I don’t even think she knows why she’s angry with me any more. “I don’t know.” I lied. Big fucking deal! She was the one that had decided to curl up in my bed. “Maybe it was instinct.”

Evidently, that was the wrong thing to say, because she blew up at me. Shit, shit, shit! This was definitely not going according to plan. “Instinct?” She spat. “We slept together once. ONCE! You can’t gain an instinct from ONCE!” She yelled, giving me a death glare. Ouch, that really wasn’t good.

At that point, I was pretty thankful that I lived in a large house that was fairly soundproofed. At least my neighbours couldn’t hear us arguing. How embarrassing would that be?

I tried to reason with her. “We had sex once.” I reminded her, crossing my arms. I tried my best to look intimidating, but I don’t think it worked too well. “We slept together all the time!”

She shook her head and began to walk towards the door. There was no way in hell I was going to let her leave. Not with the way that she was about to leave things. “Don’t leave.” I said sternly, grabbing her arm.

She jerked away from me. I couldn’t see any way to get through to her, and I really didn’t know why she was so angry. She hadn’t been this angry the night before, so what was her problem today? Sure we’d slept in the same bed, and yeah I wasn’t wearing anything but my underwear, but come on! “Why not?” She asked, folding her arms across her chest.

I looked into her eyes, they were filled with such hate towards me. I sighed. All I really wanted was answers, she really hadn’t given me much of a reason as to why we were over. Once I got those answers, I could fix things… but there was no way I was going to fix those things until I knew what was wrong. “I want to know why you dumped me.” I said quietly, giving her a pleading look.

I thought that she would have felt some sort of compassion for me. Once again, I was wrong. “Nick… I thought you were different.” She said. Her tone was softer, which was good, but she still sounded pretty pissed off. “I already told you, I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

With that, she was gone. I didn’t try to stop her this time. What was the point? She was only going to continue getting angry with me. If she wanted to leave, she could leave. If she wanted to talk with me about things, it would have to be up to her to come to me.

I didn’t have much else to do that day. All my plans on my break from the tour had revolved around spending time with her, and now that she was gone… well, I was pretty bored to say the least. Bored and depressed, not the greatest combination. Going back to my room, I fell on to the bed and slept for a few more hours.

After waking up again, I decided I may as well start my day. After having a shower and getting dressed, I sat down on the couch and tried to watch TV. Nothing really interested me. I sighed, and eyed the pen and paper sitting on the table.

Maybe I could use all this heartbreak I was feeling in some sort of sappy song. After all, that’s what we sing best, isn’t it? I didn’t come up with much, my mind had gone completely blank.

I eyed the phone, maybe Brian would be able to help me. He was always good with relationships and that sort of thing. “Hello?” He answered sleepily. Oh crap, what time was it where he was?

“Frick, it’s me.” I replied, my voice shaking.

Apparently he didn’t pick up on the fact that I wasn’t in the best state. “You’re insane.” He said. “Try calling in a few hours.” And with that, he hung up. Awesome, not only was I rejected by my girlfriend, but now my best friend as well. Fan-fucking-tastic!

I looked at my phone and decided I still had one other option. After all, there was another person that always liked to offer advice. I dialed his number, and almost immediately he answered.

“Nick? Is that you?”