- Text Size +
Photobucket


Nikki sat in the waiting room nervously looking around. She spotted A.J. and Howie walking in.

"Have you heard anything?" A.J. asked.

"No, no one knows what's going on. Oh, God I was so scared," she said in mid tears.

Howie hugged her tight. "It's gonna be alright."

"I know, but it just felt so scary to see her screaming in pain like that. It happened so quickly. I mean, one minute she was dialing the number to our house to talk to A.J.
Then the next minute, she was doubled over in pain. It was horrible."

"Wait a minute, she was going to call me when she went in labor?" said A.J.

"Yeah," Nikki replied in a soft tone.

"Oh, man," A.J. said with a sigh. "I hope nothing happened to her or the baby."

"Me too," Howie replied.

Just then, Amanda's doctor came into the waiting room. "Excuse me, which one of you is Mr. McLean?"

"That would be me," A.J. said as he stepped up.

"I'm Dr. Bryant, Amanda's doctor. It's nice to finally meet you. She has told me so much about you," he replied.

"How is she?" A.J. asked.

Dr. Bryant smiled. "She's just fine. It was a false labor. More than likely it was induced by stress. Both she and the baby are fine. She'll be able to go home tonight., but I strongly advise that she spends the next month off her feet as much as possible."

"Thank you, doctor," said A.J.

"Can we see her?" Nikki asked.

"Yes, follow me. I'll show you to her room."

Everyone followed the doctor to Amanda's room. They stopped at the door. Nikki glanced over at A.J.

"A.J., you go in first," she suggested.

A..J. nodded and opened the door. He quietly stepped in. Amanda was laying on the hospital bed. He scooted the chair that was by the bed closer to her and sat down. He picked up her hand and kissed it. Amanda opened her eyes and smiled at A.J.

"Hey," he said gently. "How are you feeling?"

"A little tired, but I feel okay," she replied.

"Good," A.J. said as he sat down in the chair.

"Alex, I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't do anything?"

"Yes, I did. I was so mean to you. I shouldn't have done that. I mean, it was because I stressed myself out that I almost lost the baby and you. That's not what a good relationship should be about. I should've been more considerate. I promise to never do it again. I don't ever wanna lose you," Amanda said in tears.

A.J. caressed her cheek and kissed the tears off her face. "You will never lose me. I will always love you and nothing you can do would ever change that."

"Thank you," she whispered.

A.J. smiled and linked his fingers with hers. Just then, the door opened as Howie
and Nikki came into the room.

"Can we come in?" Nikki asked.

"Yeah, come on in guys," Amanda replied.

Nikki ran over to Amanda and hugged her. "Oh ,my gosh, girl you really scared me."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to," Amanda said as she hugged her back.

"It's okay just be more careful next time."

"I will," Amanda assured.

"Well, we're just glad that you're okay," Howie said as he leaned over and kissed Amanda on the cheek.

Amanda smiled and looked at all three of them. "I'm so glad to have friends who are supportive as you guys. I don't think I could ever thank you enough."

"You just concentrate on staying relaxed until the baby comes. That will be thanks enough for us," said A.J.

"I will," Amanda said.

They were all in the room talking when Dr. Bryant came into the room.

"It's good to see you smiling Amanda," he replied. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better, thanks."

"Good, that's what we like to hear."

"When can I go home?" she asked.

Dr. Bryant looked through his clip board. "Well, everything seems to be going fine so you can go home tonight. All we have to do is get you to sign some papers and you'll be free to go."

"Good, then hand me the papers and I'll sign them." Dr. Bryant handed her the papers and she signed them after reading through everything.

"Okay, now that that's done, I will send in a nurse and she can get you back into your normal clothes and you will be free to leave."

"Thank you, doctor," Amanda replied as he left.

Late that night A.J. and Amanda were snuggled closely together in bed. A.J. gently rubbed his hand on her stomach, humming a soft tune to himself. Amanda smiled as she watched him.

"You know, sometimes I look at you and I wonder how I got so lucky," she commented.

A.J. looked over at her and kissed her on the lips. "It wasn't luck that brought us
together."

"It wasn't?"

"No...it was destiny," he replied with a smile. He kissed her forehead and smoothed out her hair. "Get some sleep, it's late."

Amanda smiled and laid her head on his chest. Soon her breathing became slow and steady; A.J. knew she was asleep. He pulled the covers over her and soon drifted off to sleep himself.