- Text Size +
Photobucket



Nick was furiously throwing his clothes into his suitcase. He was beginning to lose his patience with Kristin. She had been on his case all morning. He had hoped it was just a phase she was going through, although he was beginning to think she turning into something not worth having around. Nick let out a huffy sigh as he looked around for his khakis. He was in the middle of digging through his laundry basket when he heard his cell phone. Nick looked up from the laundry basket when Kristin walked into his room with his phone in her hand.

“It’s your mother,” she hissed then tossed the phone at him.

Nick glared at her as he caught the phone. He put the phone to his ear and cleared his throat.

“Hey, Mom,” he said as he watched Kristin leave his room.

“Hey, I was just checking to see if you were all set to fly in today.”

“Yeah, we’re about to leave for the airport in a few minutes.”

“We?” she questioned.

“Yeah, Kristin’s coming too,” he mumbled.

“I see,” Jane said as she clicked her teeth together.

“Mom, don’t start, please,” he said as he rolled his eyes.

“I’m not saying a word.”

“Good,” he said as he spotted his khakis laying on the floor by his closet. “Listen, I’m gonna finish packing. I’ll call you when we get into L.A.”

“Alright, hon. I’ll see you in a few hours, bye” she said then hung up.

“Bye,” Nick said then tossed his phone onto his bed.

"Nick, are you ready yet?" Kristin said as she stomped into his room.

Nick sighed and looked up at Kristin. "Yes! God, what is your problem? I've been trying to pack all morning and all you can do is complain that I'm not ready yet."

Kristin rolled her eyes and grabbed the shirt from out of his hand. "Here, let me do it. You're moving too slow. Why didn't you pack last night like I told you to?"

"Well, gee maybe I was spending time with you. What a crime! I don't know what you're getting so upset about. We have three hours before we leave and we don't have to be at the airport for another hour. So, why don't you take a chill pill and let me finish my packing."

"Fine whatever," she said as she walked into his bathroom. She brought out his toiletry items and placed them on the bed. "Nick you really should've just packed last night. I mean this would go a lot smoother if you had."

"I told you, I didn't have time. I didn't get home until late last night and I was too tired to pack. I'm almost done, so why don't you just shut up. The more you complain the longer it's gonna take for me to pack. What is your deal? Are you pissed that I decided to go to L.A. instead of taking to the Keys? If that's it, chill out. We can ride in my dad's boat."

"Why are you being so cranky?"

"I'm not! You're the one who's cranky! You've done nothing but complain since you got here! All I'm trying to do is pack and you're just standing there complaining about every little thing I do! Frankly, it's starting to annoy me."

"Fine, I'll just go downstairs then!" Kristin said as she went downstairs.

Nick rolled his eyes and continued packing his clothes. After he finished, they met
the taxi outside and went to the airport. When they arrived at the airport, Nick quickly checked in their bags and waited at the terminal to board the plane. Kristin glanced at her watched and let out a huffy sigh.

"Ugh! I just want to get out of this airport and get to L.A."

"Kris, just try to be relaxed on this trip it's going to be a while before we get to L.A. If you don't...I'm requesting for a different seat...away from you!"

Kristin looked over at him in shock. "Nickolas Gene Carter!"

"Shhh! Are you crazy! Don't scream my name like that in a freaking airport! Geez!"

"Is that all you care about? Whether people notice you or not?"

Nick pulled down his sunglasses. "Kris, are you forgetting who I am?"

"Oh, let me bow down to you, your highness! The all mighty Backstreet Boy!"

"You're being really childish, you know that?"

"Me?! I'm being childish!?" Kristin shouted louder. "You're the one who's so worried
about who knows you're here or not." Kristin turned around and faced the crowd behind the. "Everyone look! It's Nick Carter the Backstreet Boy! Right here in the airport! Ahh! Oh, my god it's Nick Carter!"

Nick grabbed Kristin by the arm and covered her mouth. "One more scream and I'll leave you here."

Kristin turned around and glared at him. "That wouldn't be so bad, actually. I'd get away from you!"

Nick rolled his eyes and handed the stewardess his ticket. He boarded the plane and sat down in his seat. Kristin let out a huffy sigh and followed him. She pulled out her headphones and blared the music of Nsync.

"It's tearing up my heart when I'm with you. And when we are apart I feel it too. And no matter what I do, I feel the pain. With or without you."

Nick pulled her headphones off. "If you think that's going to piss me off ,you're wrong. Sorry to burst your bubble."

"Who said I was trying to piss you off? Maybe I like Nsync."

Nick laughed. "Yeah, okay. Listen to it for all I care. I'm going to sleep and I'm not speaking another word to you until we get to L.A."

"Fine by me," Kristin said as she put her headphones back on and slumped down in her seat.

Nick sighed and shook his head as he reached for his own headphones. He popped in a Journey CD and closed his eyes. The plane took off the runway and the two of them didn't speak to each other for the rest of the trip.