- Text Size +
You could be anyone you wanted to be on the Internet. So a little lie told through e-mails and instant messages wouldn’t hurt anyone. Lindsee thought while reading a e-mail from her e-mail friend since September. Not like she would ever meet this person in real life. To her, her life sucked considering the guy she had any slight interest in didn’t seem to know she existed or that she was alive.

Hell the man was her own boss and the world knew who he was. It seemed the only time she existed was when he needed her assistance. She just wanted to forget about her job for the minute and get lost in her own little world. She only seem to be able to get lost in her own little world when she was sitting in front of her laptop logged onto the internet.

Lindsee fully focused on the laptop screen in front of her while responding to the open e-mail smiling. Always getting a e-mail from Foldawaygirls-77 made her day and bought a smile to her face. Especially after a long hard day.

Hey L41482,
How have you been? How’s the world of modeling treating you? Good I hope. I had a little break so I thought I would drop you a note. There’s something that I really need to ask you. I’ll talk to you later.
Foldaway.

What the hell did Foldaway need to talk to her about? Lindsee didn’t have time to think just as her cell phone started to ring. Lindsee groaned flipping open her cell seeing the number and the person calling her belonged to no other than her boss.

Orlando stared at the laptop screen re-reading the e-mail he had just typed making sure it sounded good before hitting send and sitting back grabbing his cell to dial his assistant’s number. Kiera sat in the corner chuckling while going over a script scene they were to film later that day.

“You know Lindsee is in the other room right? I don’t see the point in why your calling her cell when you could just go to the next room.”

Orlando smiled as he let his cell ring. “I know, but I just don’t feel like standing up and I like to bug her. She has this cute, funny reaction when she gets mad.”

“One of these days your gonna make that poor girl snap and she’s gonna bite you in the ass.” Kiera replied still reading the script scene a second before a very annoyed Lindsee walked in with her cell to her ear. She shot a glaring look towards Orlando.

“You rang Mr. Bloom?” Lindsee said with the tone of sarcasm dripping in her voice making Kiera hide a smile behind the script.

Orlando looked over the top of the laptop screen giving her a goofy, crocked smile. A smile that usually drove women crazy. It only aggravated and annoyed Lindsee at the moment. “What’s with calling me Mr. Bloom all of the sudden?”

“I’m just trying to be professional.” Lindsee responded putting on a fake smile. God he had seriously gotten dead ass lazy ever since he got that damn laptop. Right now Lindsee just wished she could pick up the electronic equipment and just hit him over the head with it to wipe that damn annoying crocked smile off of his handsome, British face.

How did women find this God damn man so hot and attractive when he was clearly annoying? They would think differently if they worked for him for a week. “What do you want boss?”

“Just wanted to see where you were that’s all.” Orlando responded.

“I was on my break. Or I was on my break enjoying it, until you got cell phone happy.”

Kiera chuckled since she had to love Lindsee. She was the only woman who was brave enough or had the balls to stand up and talk back to Orlando. How she was with Orlando made her seem them as a married couple. They would make a cute couple if they ever did get together and he had enough sense to ditch Kate.

“Ugh! I’m going back to the other room. Don’t call me unless it’s really important or you need anything, except to laugh at me pretty boy.” God I need to get the hell out of this job. Lindsee thought walking out of the room with the sound of Orlando’s laughter echoing from where he sat all over the room.

“So how did the pretty boy annoy you today?” Lindsee’s best friend Arden Hunter asked as she and Lindsee were seated at a booth at one of their favorite restaurants they normally ate it.

“How’d you guess he annoyed me?” Lindsee asked reaching for her menu while trying to blow her black colored hair out of her eyes that had slipped from the clip she was using to keep her above the shoulder length hair pulled back.

Arden smiled grabbing her menu. “Because he’s the only one who would usually get you worked up. So what did Orlando Bloom did today that just got under your skin and rubbed ya the wrong way?” Arden asked as her green eyes started to dance with curiosity. Arden had been Lindsee’s best friend ever since she had relocated out to LA from Delaware. Her reason for locating out here was to start a new exciting beginning and life.

So here they were two soon-to- be 25 year-old women living in LA with exciting jobs or at least one of them had a exciting job. Arden was a new upcoming fashion model who kept getting work left to right and Lindsee had so much to thank her for since she got her the job as Orlando Bloom’s assistant.

Unlike Lindsee, Arden was completely opposite in the looks department. She had dark red colored hair with the deepest green emerald colored eyes making her look kind of exotic, while Lindsee had greyish, blue colored eyes and black hair.

It was black at the moment until she got the urge to dye it another shade in the hair color shade rainbow. Arden was born naturally thin, willowy and skinny while Lindsee struggled most of her life with her weight. She had managed to drop a bit of weight, but didn’t let that little road block in her life stop her. Her weight and body didn’t control her, she controlled them. She knew in reality she may never be as skinny as Arden or as pretty as Kate Bosworth was a woman she really didn’t like, but had to deal with since she was Orlando’s girlfriend.

“He’s gotten so damn lazy ever since he learned how to work a damn computer and got one. I was on break and pretty boy decides to bug me by calling my cell phone while I was just a room and a few step walk away.” Lindsee muttered scanning the menu seeing what appealed to her for dinner that night. “I was on my damn break and he knew that to. Sometimes I think he just keeps me around to be his fucking amusement. God how do women find him so attractive?”

Arden smiled as their waiter approached the table taking their drink orders before going to tend to some other customers leaving them both time to decide on what they wanted to eat. “Changing the subject did Foldaway person e-mail you today?”

Lindsee looked over the top of her menu with a smile. “Yes I did I was reading it when pretty boy decided to be a British pain in the ass. He or she wanted to ask me something. I didn’t have time to respond.”

“He or she? You don’t know if your talking to a guy or another woman?” Arden asked a tad surprised.

“Well I mean it’s not like I would ever meet this person in real life. I mean it also gives me right to lie as well.” Lindsee responded before darting her eyes back to her menu.

“Ok I have to ask this what did you lie about to this person? Be honest now Linds.”

Lindsee lowered the menu with a guilt ridden sigh. “About what I do as a living.”

“Which was?”

“That I was a upcoming, rising fashion model.” Lindsee weakly responded.

“Lindsee.”

“Well I had a picture of us right in front of my laptop the moment he or she asked what I did for a living. Did you want me to tell him or her straight out that I work as Orlando fucking hot British sex God’s assistant?”

Arden chuckled shaking her head no agreeing that Lindsee had a point there. As much as Lindsee hated her job she really appreciated Orlando’s privacy. Lindsee’s eye finally landed on the dish she wanted for dinner just as her cell rang. “God I hate this thing ans the sound of the contraction.” Lindsee muttered reaching into her purse to pull out the shrilling sounding cell. “Who is it?” Arden asked as Lindsee flipped her phone open being answered with a look of disgust and groan.

“Three words British pain in the ass.” Lindsee muttered before answering. “Bloom what do you want? I’m A in the middle of dinner and B I am not on the clock at the freaking moment.” Lindsee hissed making Arden laugh.

“Yeah I kind of know that Peterson.” he responded sarcastically. “I need you to do a favor for me.”

“Well that ain’t new. What do you want me to do get you a box of bloody rubbers for a hot date?”

“Lindsee!” Arden gasped in shock. Lindsee covered the mouth piece with a evil smirk while she heard Orlando gasping in a shock reaction on the other end.

“No I don’t need what ever the hell you just called condoms. I need you to come pick up Sidi and dog sit for the night.”

“What? Where in the hell in my contract does it exactly say that I dog sit or work for Sidi?” Lindsee demanded in a upset, annoyed tone. “Last time I checked I only worked and slaved for you.”

“Linds I know just calm down alright. Look I have a date with Kate and she’s coming over here and I need Sidi to be gone. He seems to really like you God knows why.”

“Uhuh why do you want me to shack up Sidi for the night?”

“Because Sidi hates Kate. He snarls, barks and growls at her.”

“Sounds like the dog has my taste.” she mumbled not loud enough for Orlando to hear. “Ok fine, fine I’ll take Sidi for the night, but you owe me dinner.”

“Sounds fair I’ll see you in a little bit.” Lindsee ended the call noticing Arden smirking.

“What? He just dropped the doggie on me suddenly what did you want me to do?” Lindsee asked as she took out her wallet to drop a few dollars in front of Arden. “I need to make a rein check on our dinner I’ll talk to you or call you later.” Lindsee said while grabbing her purse and wallet scooting out of the booth.

Fifteen minutes later Lindsee parked the parking lot of the rich, fancy apartment complex Orlando was staying at while grabbing a little white plastic bag from Long’s drug store. He really owed her big time. She thought as she quickly made her way up the stairs to his apartment. So Sidi hated Kate like she did she could really grow to love this dog. What’s next Sidi secretly loved the Backstreet Boys? If so she would really love this pooch.

Lindsee stopped at Orlando’s apartment door and knocked waiting a few seconds for him to answer while she looked around at her surroundings. God the man really needed to buy a house here it would make her driving route out to him much easier. Lindsee turned to look at the door just s she heard Sidi barking on the other side of the door the same time he was running towards the door. A second later Orlando opened the door reveling a very happy Sidi who was still barking and wagging his tail at seeing Lindsee.

Before Lindsee could do anything Sidi suddenly jumped on his hand legs within reach to start licking at her face almost knocking her off her feet. Sometimes it sucked to be short and petite only standing 5'2. “Sorry about that.” Orlando responded while quickly going to fetch Sidi’s leash to clip onto his collar.

“It’s ok.” Lindsee replied while Sidi was still giving her a tongue bath as her fingers started to scratch behind his ears. Orlando came back hooking Sidi’s leash to his collar before he handed the leather leash over to Lindsee.

“Thanks for taking Sidi for the night.” he said right before Lindsee handed him the white plastic bag she had in her hand. “What’s this?” he asked some what confused. He looked seeing a wicked smile on Lindsee’s face.

“Condoms thought you might need them for your hot date night with the girlfriend.” Lindsee responded with a gleaming smirk.

“Ha, ha very funny Lindsee.” Orlando replied before bending down to scratch behind Sidi’s ear. “Now Sid be good for Lindsee. I better not hear you wreaked her place apart or got into any trouble.” Lindsee smiled reaching her free hand to pet Sidi on the head.

“Don’t worry he’s always good.” Lindsee responded only making him smile before she started to walk down the stairs with Sidi walking right in front of her.

Orlando looked at the laptop screen relieved that Kate was asleep and couldn’t disturb him. The only form of light in his dark bedroom was coming from the laptop screen. L41482 had finally sent him a response from the e-mail he had sent her earlier.

Hey back Foldaway,
What is the question that you want to ask me? Is it another question about me or just some other question. Write back.
L41482.

Orlando smiled as he quickly typed back his response before hitting the send button. He didn’t really need to rethink a decision he have had on his mind for the past 4 months which was wanting to meet L41482 in person. He wanted to be able to place a face with the other person he talked to on the other end of the laptop.

He didn’t exactly knew who L41482 quite was and would rather want to get to know her like a real friend. She had no clue who he was, yet somehow he felt he could trust her. If only he could be able to locate her she was somewhere in LA either that or like any other fashion model she was in Miami. It could be easy to track her down he even could get Lindsee to do it.

God that was happening a lot as well she would suddenly pop into his thoughts without any explanation. She had only been his assistant since that past April and he had to admit it she had grown on him. He had to admire the gutsy, sassy way she would talk back to him as if she had something to prove. Like she didn’t care if he was a hot movie star or celebrity and he kind of liked that.

He sometimes felt like he took advantage of Lindsee’s generosity or treated her like crap and felt bad, but he felt lucky to have her as a assistant. He just wished she would be able to open up to him so he could get to know her better.

He didn’t really know much about Lindsee Peterson except she was from Newark, Delaware a college city and state that was about 4 hours away from New York City. That was his determination and goal for the next few months while filming Pirates of the Caribbean 3 which was get Lindsee to open up and really get to know her.

It was almost midnight according to Lindsee’s alarm clock next to her bed. She felt thankful that today was her day off and she could sleep in late even if she had a bed partner being a loveable dog or not. Ok she had to admit that watching Sidi for a night wasn’t so bad.

Sidi had taken up one side of her full size iron four posted bed and used her thighs as a pillow enjoying from time to time while Lindsee scratched behind his ears. She couldn’t believe she was up at midnight watching Dead man’s chest of all the movies she had she had to choose this one. Didn’t she see Orlando Bloom enough 24/7? She guessed not.

Lindsee sighed and looked down at Sidi while stroking his head. “Why are men so complicated Sid?” Sidi adverted his chocolate brown eyes to look up at Lindsee replying with a whine. Lindsee smiled scratching behind his ear. “Oh like you care Sidi your just happy if someone is scratching behind your ears or rubbing your belly.”

Sidi lifted his head up looking at her wagging his tail. “I can tell you anything and you wouldn’t be able to share it to anyone. I can trust you with any secret.” Sidi continued to wag his tail while looking at Lindsee anxious to her what she had to say. “I have a really huge crush on your master, but he doesn’t seem to know I even exist and only sees me as his assistant and employee.” Sidi whine feeling Lindsee’s pain as he moved closer to Lindsee resting his head back on her legs.

“Want to know another secret Sidi I wish you were my dog because you’re the only male even if it one with four legs who seems to care about me.” Sidi lifted his head back up this time moving his face up closer to hers to give her a kiss on her cheek. The force of his lapping on her cheek knocked her backwards on her bed allowing him to crawl on top of her smothering her with sloppy kisses making her laugh as he crawled on top of her resting his head against her chest.