- Text Size +
Nick stood there on the beach in front of the priest and looked around at all of the familiar faces. He was amazed at how many people had showed up to their wedding even though it was supposed to have been a small private affair. His mom and dad were there and all of his siblings but several of his aunts and uncles had come too and a few cousins. Her mom and dad and Harold and Jerald, Kevin's mom was there, as well as AJ's and Howie's sister Pollyanna. There were quite a few Littrell's in the audience that he didn't recognize. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

He looked to his left and smiled at the sight of his groomsmen standing there all in a line. All of his best friends and his little brother standing there beside him supporting him at the greatest moment of his life.

The music started to play and he watched as the brides maids came over the dunes one at a time and walked down the beach to join them. A few moments had passed and they were all gathered together now. It was silent and the wedding guests had all stood. The music began playing once again and she appeared.

The sight of her there, standing in the sunlight, her veil long and flowing, her dress shimmering, looking as beautiful as he had ever seen her look before took his breath away. He felt Brian beside him reach out and steady him on his feet as he whispered in his ear, "she looks beautiful huh?" He nodded and watched as she walked arm and arm down the beach with her father.

Nick hardly paid attention to anything the priest said in the following minutes. He was too busy staring into her eyes, taking in the moments and being amazed by her. It wasn't until he heard him ask them to read their vows that he realized where they even were and what they were doing.

Nick's hands shook as he pulled the slip of paper from his pocket and gently unfolded it. He took one of her hands in his and read aloud, his voice shaking;

There are no words that could possibly express what it means to me to be standing here with you today. From the moment I laid eyes on you that summer on our tour I knew that you were someone very special. I will never forget the times we shared together in those first years. The first kiss, backstage at our concert in Ontario... our first real date to play minature golf with Brian and Leigh... the first time you showed me around Kentucky...

Those memories are a part of me now and they will be a part of me for the rest of my life.

You have amazed me and continue to amaze me on a daily basis with your strength and your courage, your love and your passion for life. You have changed me from the man I used to be into the man I am today and am I so much better because of everything I've learned from you.

I loved you then... I love you now... I will love you forever.

He folded the paper carefully back up and slid it back into his pocket. She took his hankerchief and gently wiped his eyes. He smiled at her and whispered, "I love you."

She smiled back and turned towards Kelly who handed her her own sheet of paper. She stared down at it for a few moments trying to collect her thoughts and trying very hard not to cry. She took in a deep breath before she spoke;

I wasn't the kind of person who believed in fate, or love at first sight, or that you could meet your soul mate and know in a matter of minutes that he was the person you were destined to spend the rest of your life with.

You changed that for me.

You've made me believe in things I'd never dreamed of and dream of things I'd never imagined. You've given me strength and courage, love and true happiness. You've shown me things I never knew about myself. Most of all... you've given me a reason to live.

You've been there for me through all of the good times and you've been there for me through all of the bad times. You've stood by me when I didn't think I could face another day... and you made me believe.

I know there is no other person in this world who could be for me what you have been for me.

I love you more than you will ever know and I want to spend the rest of my life... no matter how long or short it may be... with you.

She finished reading and the two of them stood there for a few moments staring into one another's eyes. No one moved, no one spoke. They could hear the sounds of their guests gently sniffing behind them as Nick wiped her tears with that back of his hand.

"Do you Nickolas Gene Carter take Kathryn Grace Littrell as your lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward,for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

He looked into her eyes and smiled, "I do."

"Do you Kathryn Grace Litrell take Nikolas Gene Carter as your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

She sighed and wiped her eyes again, "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

And with that the two of them kissed there in the sunlight in the exact same spot where Nick had proposed to her nine months earlier. Their family members clapped wildly and wiped their eyes when the priest finally announced, "May I now introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Nick Carter!"