- Text Size +
When you love someone, you'll do anything,
You'll do all the crazy things that you can't explain.
You'll shoot the moon, put out the sun...
When you love someone.

Our first dance.

He was holding me tight, his arms around my waist, mine wrapped around his neck, my favorite Bryan Adams song playing in the background... our song.

You'll deny the truth, believe a lie.
There'll be times that you'll believe that you could really fly.
But your lonely nights have just begun...
When you love someone.

We looked into each others eyes and smiled. This was the moment I had waited my entire life for... the moment I'd dreamed about as a little girl... the moment I'd been terrified throughout my entire battle with cancer that I would miss.

I stared up at him, taking in his expression, the way his eyes shown in the moonlight, his dimples when he smiled. I laid my head on his chest and breathed in his scent as we rocked back and forth on the dance floor. I wanted to take it all in... I wanted to remember this moment forever.

When you love someone, you feel it deep inside,
and nothing else could ever change your mind.
When you want someone, when you need someone...
When you love someone.

I felt his hand on my face as he lifted my chin so that we were once again staring into each others eyes. He smiled and I could see the tears glistening on his cheeks. I lifted my hand and rubbed my fingers through his hair as we kissed.

"I love you so much," He whispered into my ear as I laid my head on his shoulder.

I looked into his eyes and smiled, my own tears now running down my cheeks. He wiped them gently with his fingertips. I could sense our friends and family members watching us. The sniffling noses in the background let me know that they were crying too. I glanced around the room at them and in that one small moment my heart felt so much love.

When you love someone, you'll sacrifice,
Give it everything you've got and you won't think twice.
You'll risk it all, no matter what may come...
When you love someone.

"Nick I whispered," as I felt his arms grow tighter around me.

"Yes baby?" He replied looking down at me.

"I know I said that the day you proposed to me was the best day of my life... but it isn't anymore..." He looked at me and nodded for me to go on...

"Nick, this is the best day of my life."

You'll shoot the moon, put out the sun...
When you love someone.

The song ended as we stood there staring into each others eyes. I heard them all applauding as we leaned in towards each other other and passionately kissed.

They were all there watching, but in that moment there was only us.