- Text Size +
“So, if go right and make a left onto Blossom that will bring me back here and its about three miles?” I asked Brian lacing up my sneakers.

“Yeah, you can’t get lost.”

“Okay, Nick just got out of the shower and is getting dressed in his room. He’s still pretty sore from the hot/cold therapy. He may need some help down the stairs.”

“Go, you’ve been cooped up in the room with him all day.” Brian pushed me a little towards the door.

“I have my phone, and the run shouldn’t take me more than twenty minutes, as long as my knee and heart like me today.”

“Alright, now go!” Brian laughed and I started jogging to warm up for my run.

Nick’s POV:

“You’re moving around a lot better Nick,” Brian told me as we made it slowly down the steps.

“It feels better, the shower was kind of intense because she told me to make it hotter than normal after our last icing,” we made it to the bottom step and he handed me my other crutch.

“And doctors couldn’t tell you this when you were in all that pain before? Nice.”

“She’s amazing. Brian, I made her my girlfriend today,” I grinned and we went outside by the pool.

“Oh?” Brian’s voice seemed sort of surprised and almost sad. I assumed it was because he was missing Leigh and Bailey. “Congratulations man.”

“Where did she go running?”

“Just around the block, I gave her the three mile route. She should actually be back any minute.”

“Hey hey,” a voice boomed behind us.

“A.J. how’s it going?” Brian stood up and hugged our friend. A.J. came up tome and hugged me, followed by Trish.

“Not bad, where’s Hales? I saw you a couple of days ago, it’s been over a month since I’ve seen her.”

“She’s running,” Brian said and pulled up a chair for Trish and A.J. sat next to her.

“Are you aloud to go swimming with that thing?” A.J. asked Nick.

“I can shower in it, I don’t know if I can swim with it on?”

“We’ll find out,” we all laughed.

Hailey’s POV:
I was about to make the turn onto Blossom which would’ve brought me up the street and to Nick’s house, when a car came screeching out of no where and around the corner. It aimed right for me and I jumped off to the grass and rolled to the ground. It looked like something from an action movie.
“What the—” I hadn’t even seen what the car looked like it had gone so fast. I stood up shaking and breathing deeply. I had an intense pain in my knee from banging it into the ground. I put my hands on my knees and bent over a little, I felt an asthma attack coming on. The sun beated down on me, it was hot at this time of night. I looked at my cell phone and it was 5:45. I should be back by now, I thought.

Another car came up and slowed down next to me.

“Hailey?” I looked up and saw a red Mustang. It was Amber. Great. She got out of her car and came up to me.

“Hey…” I weezed out and stood all the way up.

“Are you alright?”

“I…a car…I need...my inhaler..." I bent back down.

“Get in my car, I’ll take you back.” She put her arm around me. “You’re limping too, geeze girl what happened?” I got in her car and was now gasping for air. I needed my inhaler and I’d be fine, I could usually tell the ones I can control and the ones where I need to be rushed to the hospital. Amber put her foot down on the gas and within seconds we were at Nick’s.

“NICK!” she yelled getting out of the car and running to my side. She opend the door, “NICK!” Brian, A.J. and Nick appeard from the side of the house.

“What’s going on?” Nick shouted, when he saw me get out of the car he started to move a little faster on his crutches. “Amber what happened?”

“I don’t know, she was on the side of the road like this, she can’t breathe.”

“Hails where is your inhaler?” Brian asked me intently.

“In…my….purse…living room...floor,” A.J. now had his arms around me and guided me to the step by the door and I sat down. Brian came out with my inhaler and shook it up fast handing it to me. Nick sat down on my other side and rubbed my back. I put the plastic piece into my mouth, sprayed it twice and inhaled. I ended up coughing in the middle and didn’t get any of the medicine in.

“Come on, slow ‘em down, try again,” Nick’s voice was soothing. My hands were shaking and I dropped the inhaler.

“I’m…light…headed….” I leaned against Nick.

“You’re breathing too fast, come on try again,” he put the inhaler in my mouth; I sprayed it two more times and was able to get it in this time. I held in my breath for a few seconds and let out a shaky breath. “There you go, you’re going to be fine,” Nick kissed the top of my head. “Let’s get you inside out of the heat,” Nick looked at Brian and he shook his head. Brian put his arm under my legs and other one around my back.

“Come on you,” I lay my head on his shoulder, body trembling and exhausted. He brought me over to the couch and sat me up. “Hailey what happened? Did your knee give out or did you just start having trouble breathing?” Brian asked rubbing my grass stained knees.

“I was fine until a car came around the bend and tried to run me over.” My voice started to raise and I took in sharp breath.

“Shh, calm down. Were you in the road when they were turning?” Nick asked me.

“No, I was on the side, in the gutter, I jumped onto the grass. There’s tire marks in the grass I’m sure of.”

“Did you see what kind of car?”

“I didn’t see anything; I just got the hell out of the way. I just then started having trouble breathing.”

“It probably just made you have a heart palpitation.” Brian told me.

“I think her knee is hurt too,” Amber said. “Do you want me to do anything hon?” She asked. It felt creepy weird Amber being nice to me. Not to mention pretty much saving me to get to Nick’s fast enough. I shook my head no.

“Your knee okay?” Nick took off my brace gently and rubbed it.

“It’s just a little sore, I’m fine. I’m sorry.” I brought both of my hands over my face.

“You have nothing to be sorry for baby,” Nick told me. I shook my head and stood up.

“I’m going to shower,” I headed for the stairs and up to the bathroom. I started the shower and turned it on hot. The steam would help clean my lungs and feel good on my body. I stepped out of my clothes and into the shower for a good twenty minutes.

Nick’s POV:
“Just give her some room, she’s alright,” Brian tried to convince me as I looked up the pizza number in the phone book.

“Yeah Nicky, it’s okay.” Amber said rubbing my back.

“I’m just glad you were there when you were,” I sighed and found the number. I took out my phone and punched in the numbers. “Hi yes, I’d like to order pizza for delivery….a large cheese, and a small pepperoni please.” I gave my number and address and hung up the phone.

“What movie shall we watch tonight?” A.J. asked opening up my fridge and taking a cola out.

“A love story!” Amber cooed.

“Horror,” Trish laughed.

“Comedy,” Brian said. The three looked at me.

“A.J. you pick,” I said my mind on Hailey. I walked over to the stairs and started up them. By the time I got to the top Hailey came out of the bathroom with a towel on. “Wow,” I said as I looked at her. She tilted her head down and away from me. She started for my room because that’s where Brian had put her bag.

I followed her into the room and she unzipped the suitcase and let out a sigh.

“Hails—”

“Yes?” Her voice was quiet and she never looked up.

“Come here,” I reached my hand out and she ignored it, continuing to pick out what she was going to wear. I moved behind her, set my crutches so they were leaning against the bed and I wrapped my arms around her waist. She started to pull away and then gave in, leaning back into me.

“I’m sorry Nick, I don’t know what’s wrong with me today,” she turned and faced me.
“You’re tired and it must’ve been scary what happened,” I looked into her sea blue eyes. I couldn’t help myself but start to look down her chest and I noticed her scar in the middle. I ran my fingers gently down it and she started to turn again. “I think its sexy,” I tilted her face towards me.

“Oh yeah, a big red scar sexy,” she said sarcastically.

“It is and its just proof to show how strong you are,” I pulled her into me and gave her kiss.

“Nick, why do you want to be with me?” This question came out of no where, I guess it was fair though.

“Like I tell you all the time, I think you’re an amazing person. You’re beautiful outside as well as in. You care of others, sometimes you care about them a little much more than yourself. You’ve been through a lot and are a strong woman for it. You’re a great dancer, singer, nurse, friend and girlfriend.” I smiled at that last one.

“What else?” she smiled and I laughed.

“And a big pain in my ass!” She made a surprising look and slapped my butt.

“Get out so I can get dressed and be a more pain in your ass.” I lied down on the bed. “Nick I’m serious,” she put her hands on her hips.

“I won’t look, I promise,” I said closing my eyes.

“Yeah right,” she said. “Lucky for you, I lived with a brother. She started to get dressed and I was in awe at how she never took off her towel and before I knew it she was dressed.

“Damn girl, that was just a big tease,” I sat up on my elbows.

“I’m so …so …sorry,” she climbed on the bed and straddled me on her knees. She put her hands on my shoulders, pushed me down onto the pillow and leaned in. Her lips came inches up to mine, I could smell her mint toothpaste and her coconut shampoo.

“You smell…edible,” I kissed her collar bone and she let a small moan out from her bubble gum lips. She leaned in and nibbled my ear lobe. Before I could react she had jumped off the bed and was heading towards the door. “What?! You jerk!” I laughed and got up to follow her down the stairs.

The pizza had come and everyone was chowing down in the living room.

“You look better,” Brian told Hailey getting ready to take a bite from his pizza.

“Thanks,” she winked, stole his pizza and started eating it.

“Hey I’m going to get you,” Brian jumped up from the chair and started chasing her through the kitchen. We all laughed when Brian came back out of the kitchen; Hailey was tossed over his left shoulder, and he was eating his pizza with his right hand. She was smacking his butt telling him to put her down.

“BRIIANN, get me down,” she was laughing and kicking her legs.

“What, you want to go swimming?” Brian asked.

“I think that’s exactly what she said Rok,” A.J. joined and threw Trish over his shoulder. “Trisha wants to join her too,” A.J. and Brian headed for the sliding glass door and went out to the deck.

“Don’t break her Brian,” Amber called as she came up to me. We walked out to the pool.

“If I weren’t on these crutches I’d throw you in too,” I told Amber. She had her hand on my back and we watched as A.J. threw Trish in. I saw Hailey reach into Brian’s pocket and take out his cell phone and wallet. She tossed them onto a lawn chair.

“One-two-three!” Brain called out ready to throw Hailey in. She hung onto him tight, which made him lose his balance and fall into the water. Amber and I were now on the deep end side looking down at the three.

“Nice one Hails,” I laughed as she came up sputtering water.

“MY PHONE!” Brian yelled reaching into his pockets.

“Relax, she took that and your wallet out before you fell in,” I told Brian. He looked at her and she smiled.

“I’m not that mean,” she laughed.

“Time to find out Nick,” A.J. said.

“Find out what?”

“If you can swim with that, on,” He pushed me in, crutches and all. It didn’t hurt, but my cast certainly did feel like I was being pulled down to the bottom. I struggled to swim to the top. When I came up Hailey was by my side, arm around me.

“Now, that was mean A.J.” Amber pushed A.J. in and he hung onto her and they fell in.

“Nick you okay?” Hailey asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I told A.J. earlier that this was a water proof cast, he wanted to know if I could swim with it on,” I laughed holding onto the edge.

“Good in that case,” she tried to dunk me under water but I pushed her under before she could. “Not fair, you’re bigger!” We all played around for a little longer and decided that our pizza was getting cold. I went to the ladder and jumped on one leg to get up but fell back.

“Uh-guys, I have a problem,” I announced. Brian had come out of the house with towels and everyone was drying off. “GUYS!” I said again.

“Just kidding man, give me your hand,” A.J. laughed. “Yo Rok come get Nick’s ass out of the pool.” Brian came over and took my other hand and the two pulled me out.

Hailey’s POV
“See, I told you that if I came with you, they’d put you in an air cast. Now you can walk on it and we can take it off to do the hot/cold,” I told Nick as we stepped out of the doctor’s office.

“Can’t wait,” Nick smirked and we went out to his car.

“You are going to have to start walking on it, if you want it to get stronger,” I told him opening up his door. He climbed in and I went to the drivers’ side.

“I will, it’s just a little sore and it feels weird,” he put on his seat belt.

“Suck it up,” I laughed and turned on the car.

“Hey, I am a very sensitive human being, be nice,” Nick pouted.

“I’m so sorry baby,” I took his hand and kissed it. “Are we really going to the movies with Brian and Amber? It feels like a double date, Brian and she wouldn’t be good together.

“It’s not like they’re together Hails, we’re just going as friends.”

“We’re just going as friends huh? So, you and I am not boyfriend/girlfriend tonight. Okay.”

“That’s not what I—”

“It’s fine, I understand buddy,” I patted his leg.

“You’re such a pain in my ass,” he said and took his cell phone out to call Brian. “Hey Brian, we got out of the doctor’s a little later than planned…no everything’s fine, I’m in a walking, air cast thing…I know….That’s why I’m calling, movie starts at seven-fifteen, want to catch a bite first? Tony’s? Okay see you there around five. Later.”

“What’s Brian up to?”

“He’s working on some new song. So we’re going out to Tony’s, it’s an Italian place at five. That okay?”

“Sounds fine. What do you want to do until then, it’s only noon.”

“Hmm, take a right up here.”

“Where we going?”

“Surprise.” He smiled and put his hand over mine that was on top of the shifter. Nick lead me through a few more turns and I pulled into an empty parking spot in the middle of no where.

“Where are we? I just see trees,” I asked confused.

“Get out,” Nick told me and we got out of the car. “Leave your things in the car and pop the trunk.” I did as Nick asked and he went to the trunk and pulled out a duffle bag. He put it around his shouder and then began walking through the trees that were in front of us and I followed him. After a minute we stepped out onto a white sandy beach facing the ocean.

“Nick, this is beautiful,” I gasped.

“I know, the public beaches are miles on either side and this is really the only way to get to this spot. It’s great for surfers.”

“I’ve always wanted to try that,” I told him as we started down the beach.

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Are you okay, that can’t be easy walking in the sand with crutches?” I asked as Nick struggled.

“It’s okay, I’ve wanted to take you here for some time now.” We walked up to the shore, Nick tossed his crutches down and opened his bag. He pulled out a large blanket and I helped him spread it out.

“You planned this Mr. Carter.”

“Maybe,” he grinned and pulled out a picnic basket. “Have a seat.” He told me and started taking out some things from the basket.

“I can’t believe you did this.”

“I may be a little loony but I know how to treat a girl like you, now let’s have some lunch. Don’t worry it’s only health things.” Nick and I ate lunch and enjoyed the sound of the ocean.

“Thank you,” I got up next to him and kissed him.

“No thank you.”

“For what?”

“For coming into my life when you did, I was headed down a dark path and you were the light at the end of the tunnel.” He cupped my face with his hand and brushed my cheek. “Come on,” he stood up.

“Where we going now?”

“Swimming, take your shoes off,” Nick took his one shoe off and picked up a crutch. I took my shoes off slowly and stood up.

“Nick, I’ve never been in the ocean before.” He looked at me with surprise.

“You live in South Carolina though.”

“It’s kinda a fear I have…” Nick laughed a little.

“And you want to learn to surf?”

“Yeah, in a lake. I’ve been in lakes but the waves and everything else in an ocean scares me.”

“We won’t go in too deep, promise.” I nodded my head and got on one side of Nick. He put his arm around me and his other arm was under a crutch. As soon as we reached the part where the sand got wet, he set the crutch down because it was sinking.

“I didn’t mean you had to start walking on an uneven surface with no crutches Nick,” I laughed and I felt myself hold onto him a little tighter.

“I know but it feels like forever I’ve been in the ocean,” he gazed out into the open sea.

“You love it huh?”

“I do and as soon as I can walk well enough I’m going to help you over come this silly little fear of yours,” he pulled me in for a hug. We walked out until our knees were covered; Nick had to roll his shorts up.

“It’s not silly, I just would prefer not to drown or be eaten by a shark!” I splashed him and stepped back. Before I knew it was under water. I came up coughing and Nick had already came over to me.

“You’re okay, you just stepped off the sand bar,” his arm around my waist he pulled me back up to the sand bar.

“See, the ocean is a dangerous place,” I laughed.

“You’re alive relax,” Nick pulled me in for a hug.

“Yeah but now I’m soaked.”

“I brought towels, come on, we should get home to put some clothes on anyway.” Nick and I made our way to our things, packed up and headed home.

~*~*~*~*~A Couple Hours later~*~*~*~*~
“Ready, watch this one!” Nick threw up some popcorn and caught it in his mouth.

“Here let me try, open up,” Brian told Nick and threw a piece of pop corn into Nick’s mouth.

“Children behave or I will take you home,” I told them. The movie started shortly and we began watching it. About an hour into my phone vibrated and took it out of my purse to look at it. It was a text message.

::Enjoying the movie? By the way good leap
out of the way of the car the other day. Too bad.
X ::

It wasn’t a number I had recognized and the X gave it way that it was the same psycho person. I took my purse stood up and crawled through, Nick, Brian and Amber and walked out of the movie.

“Where is she going?” Brian whispered to Nick.

“I don’t know, bathroom maybe?” This was ridiculous; I couldn’t even come to watch a movie. My phone vibrated again.

::Awe why did U get up and leave? ::

I sent a message back: :Just leave me alone. I’ve done nothing to you. ::

::Break up with Nick and I will. U have done plenty to me and my family.::

I wrote back:: U think Nick is going to want to be with a crazy person like you?::

::He is with U isn’t he? Back away. Is that some weight I see U have put on? ::

At this pint I was beyond frustrated. I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

“It’s just me relax.”

“Oh Brian you scared me,” I closed my phone and shoved it into my purse.

“Everything okay?”

“Yeah, I just was going to…get a water,” I walked over to the concession stand.

“I’ll get it for you,” Brian went up to the counter. “One water please.” The teenager handed Brian bottled water and Brian paid for it.

“Thanks.”

“Come on your missing the movie,” he put his arm around me and we walked back in. Nick gave me a look of “what took you so long?” as I sat next to him. I lifted my water and he nodded his head and took my hand in his. I pulled it away from him and took a drink of my water with that hand. The messages were as though the person was in the theatre.

I didn’t concentrate on the movie at all, I couldn’t tell you one part about it because my eyes continued to scan the audience.

“Hails lets go,” Nick told me, the three of them were standing and I was day dreaming. “Hailey!”

“Huh, what?”

“We’re heading out.”

“Okay.” I stood up and followed them out of the theatre. I kept at least ten steps back behind everyone as we walked out to Nick’s car.

“What’s with her tonight?” Amber asked pointing back at me. Nick looked at me and shook his head. We piled into the car and Nick brought us back to his place. By the time we got home it was after nine-thirty.

Amber said goodbye to the guys and she left. I had gone upstairs to put a pair of sweat pants on and sweatshirt, along with my running shoes and I pod. I looked at myself in the mirror. It definitely looked like I had gained ten pounds in the last week. Whoever this person was ruining my life she was right about one thing, I have gained weight. I got onto Nick’s scale, 110. “Damn,” I got off and went downstairs.

“I’ll be back in a bit,” I kissed Nick’s cheek and went to head for the door when he pulled me into him.

“It’s late,” he said.

“I know, I just need to get a run in before bed.”

“You did this morning, you’re not going.” I pulled away from Nick. I felt my eyes glare and I raised my eye brow. Did he just tell me what to do, or should I say what not to do? “Hailey I’m sorry, I just…you’re over doing it again.”

“I am not!”

“Hails listen to him, your mood changes when you’re not eating and work out too much.” I shot a look at Brian, he usually was on my side.

“I have been eating, Nick you saw me,” I felt tears threatening to fall.

“Hailey, you had like three bites for lunch and lettuce with tomatoes for dinner.”

“I have to, you don’t understand—” I headed for the door and Brian got in front of me.

“Brian move…please,” my voice was quivered.

“I’m not going to let you do this,” his eyes looked deep into mine, with such emotion and care.

“But I…I have to, I’m gross. It will be a short run, I promise, Brian please.” I started again to push past him, his arms now enclosed around me.

“We care about you too much to let you hurt yourself,” he whispered into my ear. The tears now rolled off my cheeks and I collapsed to my knees, Brian came down with me and held me. He looked up at Nick who knelt down next to us.

“Baby we’re going to help you get through this but you need to let us get you some professional help,” Nick rubbed my back. My cries grew louder and I squeezed my arms around Brian’s waist.

Brian’s POV:

As Hailey squeezed me, I squeezed her back. She was afraid and I knew that since she’s been here, she’s been uncomfortable with herself. Her runs had grown longer and longer each day and her meals became smaller. She became short tempered and was looking weak.

“You won’t go through this alone,” Nick told her. She sat up for a brief moment.
“Don’t you see? I already am alone!” She stood up and ran out the door. I went to stand up to go after her when Nick told me not to.

“Nick, she’s upset and weak right now, she shouldn’t be running.”

“I know that Brian, but the more we run after her, the farther away from us she’ll go. I just don’t know what else to do, every time I get close, something happens and pushes me away.” Nick sat down on the couch and put his head into his hands and ran his fingers through his hair.

I turned on the TV and we watched whatever was on that channel it was already on. Neither of us cared about what we watched, we wouldn’t be paying attention to it anyway.

Hailey’s POV:
As soon as I ran out of the door I started running as fast I could. I had so much adrenaline in me from somewhere and ran until I was out of the development. I didn’t have my phone on me which was I don’t know if that was a good idea or not. I looked down at my watch in the moonlight, it was eleven. I had been running for an hour. My sweatshirt was soaked as well as my hair. I finally headed back towards Nick’s place and made it back within forty-five minutes.

When I reached his door, I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before going in. I closed the door quietly and heard the TV on in the living room. Great, I thought. I had to walk through there to get up the stairs to shower. Just walk right on through, don’t look, and don’t talk. And that was exactly what I did. I went through the living room where Nick and Brian were watching TV and I walked up the stairs.

Nick looked over at Brian once I had gone up the stairs and shook his head.

I turned on the shower and let the water run until it was warm and I peeled off my clothes. I got into the shower, washed my hair and body and let the hot water run down me, trying to cleanse my body of any pain I had. I felt horrible how I’ve been treating Nick and Brian. I should’ve told them about the messages but then they would think I’m even crazier to let someone who is crazy, tell me that I’m fat and let it get to me. I leaned my body against the shower wall and slid down, bringing my knees to my chest, I hugged them. I sat there like that even when the hot water gone and it was now ice cold.

I heard a knock on the door but ignored it. My body was literally numb as my mind was.

”Hails it’s Nick, you’ve been in there for an hour.” I didn’t answer. “Hailey?” Nick’s voice sounded worried and he pushed the shower back a little, when he saw me sitting down he turned off the water.
“God baby, the water is freezing,” he set his crutches to the side, pulled a towel off a hook and wrapped it around me. “Come on,” he picked me up and carried me into this bedroom, laid me onto the bed and pulled the covers over me. My body was shaking and Nick climbed in bed with me.

“Nick, I’m sorry,” I whispered looking at him. “And I’m sorry for saying sorry a lot lately.” He pulled me close to him and rubbed his arms up and down my body to warm me.

“What happened tonight?” I shrugged my shoulders a little. “Hails?”

“I just…” I thought for a minute and told him about the messages and about me weighing myself. “I know I shouldn’t listen to this person, but it doesn’t take much to convince me with something like that.

“How much do you weigh?”

“It was 110 with my sweats and sneakers on. Nick I don’t want to go see someone, they’ll just put me in a hospital and I’m not that bad, I promise.” Nick looked at me intently.

“You will truly let me help you though and be honest with me from here on out? Because the minute you start again, I’m taking you somewhere, and that’s only because…because I love you Hailey.” I nodded my head. “Come on, I need to see how much you weigh without your clothes on because you had a heavy sweatshirt and pants on.” Nick and I got out of bed and went into his bathroom onto the scale. “Step on back words, I’ll hold the towel up and just look at the numbers. I don’t want you seeing them.” Nick kissed my cheek and I stepped onto the scale. I un-wrapped my towel and Nick held it so it was like a sheet.

My eyes shut tight and a tear rolled down my left cheek. “Okay,” Nick wrapped the towel back around me. “Get dressed I’m going to make you some tea and we’ll go to bed.” I went into Nick’s room and got dressed while he went downstairs. Brian was in the kitchen already making some tea.

“How did it go man?” Brian asked.

“Here pour her a cup,” Nick handed Brian a mug. “I don’t know? I found her sitting on the shower floor, the water was ice cold. I told that if she stuck with me on this and let me really help, I wouldn’t take her to the doctors. But the minute she falls back into her habits I’m taking her to get help.” Nick told Brain about he messages. “And so I just had her get on the scale and I weighed her, not letting her see how much she was.”

“Which was?”

“Only 103.9. A good five pounds were her clothes and she lost a lot of sweat from running almost two hours. Brian, she’s 5’8”. She should be close to 130, she’s not a supermodel. There’s no way she’ll be able to dance on a tour again without having anything on her.”

“Well, we’ll just set goals.”

”I don’t want to weigh her every day.”

“So don’t. Do it like every other week. So like two weeks we’ll weigh her and she should be about 110, without clothes. Don’t push her to eat too much. She never got the help when she needed it the most so she’s going to be battling with for probably the rest of her life.”

“She’s too good of a person to deserve something like this though,” Nick sighed and picked up the mug of tea.

“I’m going to come up to stay goodnight to her with you,” Brian and Nick came up the stairs and into the room. I sat at the edge of the bed with my knees curled up to my chin. “Hey you,” Brian sat next to me. I didn’t look up from the floor. Brian stood up and kneeled down in front of me.

“I’m sorry I snapped earlier,” I told him still not looking up.

“You can’t keep things in, not when there are so many of that care for you,” Brian took my hands in his and my eyes met his kind blue ones. “Especially with all of this going on with the messages and emails now.” I nodded my head and Brian pulled me to my feet and in for a hug. “Okay, I’ll see you guys in the morning,” he gave Nick a small hug and left the room.

“Feeling any better?” Nick wrapped his arms around me. I shrugged my shoulders a little.

“I’m tired,” I laid my head on his chest. He picked me up and brought me over to the bed.

“Drink some tea while I go get ready for bed,” Nick pointed to the mug that sat on the night stand.

“Thank you,” I sat up and reached for the mug that was steaming. It warmed my hands and I felt a peaceful calm over me. Nick re-entered the bedroom and my lips immediately formed a smile.

“What are you smiling at?” he asked climbing into bed.

“At how good you look in your boxers,” I winked.

“And you look amazing wearing only a towel,” Nick poked his head under the sheets.

“I’m feeling warmed up now,” I put the tea back onto the night stand and took the towel off of me and pulled back the sheets a little. Nick’s eyes traveled from my eyes, slowly down to my feet and back up again.

“Girl you have nothing to be worrying about and you need to trust me, God damn you’re gorgeous!” Nick kissed my neck. “Seriously, you’re perfect,” he kissed my lips and I leaned in kissing him harder. My hand brushed through his long hair and I pulled him into me, kissing his ear and neck. His hand caressed my thigh and over my belly. He began sending a trail of kisses from my jaw bone down to my belly button.

My hands reached down and took off his white tee and I rolled over so I was onto of him.

“Hailey…” he whispered looking into my eyes, asking to continue. I nodded my head and bit my lower lip before leaning into his bubble gum lips again. Needless to say, I did my best making everything up to Nick and had a night neither of us would forget.