- Text Size +
At the Club: Brian’s POV

As soon as the bartender had opened the door, I saw a rather large man on the ground over with someone. I noticed Hailey’s silver ankle bracelet on and pushed through the bartender and pulled the guy off. He stood up and ran out the door. The bartender took off after him calling for back up.

“KATIE CALL 911!” I yelled and knelt down by Hailey. I carefully pulled her pants up all the way; I couldn’t believe this had happened. I heard her start letting out small cries. “Shh you’re going to be alright baby, keep still. We’re getting you some help.” Her eyes struggled to open and she reached a hand out to me, I took her hand in mine and squeezed it.

“Brian, I’m sorry,” her voice trembled and she looked into my eyes.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. What hurts?”

“Everything. Brian where’s Nick?”

“I’ll call him as soon as the ambulance comes,” I watched her head nod and she closed her eyes. “Stay awake for me.”

“I’m so tired, he made me take something and I hit my head pretty hard.”

“A drink?”

“No…some kind of pill. Brian it was him, the stalker.”

“Watch out coming through,” two paramedics came in with a stretcher.

At Nick’s House:

Amber kissed my neck, pulled my shirt off and threw it on the floor. She ran her hands down my stomach and dug her nails into my back. She then took the liberty of pulling her own shirt off, revealing her black laced bra. Our lips met and we continued to kiss hungrily. Everything happened so fast, the room spun around me; it was a sort of high sensation. I never heard or felt my phone vibrating.

Hospital: Brian’s POV:

“Come on Nick pick up,” I paced back and forth in the waiting room. I looked over at Katie who was crying in a chair, her knees tucked up to her chin. Poor thing. The voicemail picked up; “Hey what’s up? HA just kidding, I’m not here, leave your message, BEEP,” “Nick its Brian, call me as soon as you get this. It’s Hailey…just call me,” I hung up the phone and sat down next to her.

“Brian did he actually…you know…rape her?”

“I-I don’t know,” I put my arm around her shoulder. “I hope they caught the bastard.”

“We’ve been waiting here for over an hour. I’m going to go get us some coffee.” I nodded my head and watched as she disappeared down the hall. I couldn’t believe this was happening; everything was going so well, why didn’t I follow her to the bathroom? I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh. I called A.J. because he had actually left the club just before I had found Hailey.

“Rok, don’t you know I’m with a special lady tonight?” A.J. grumbled into the phone.

“A.J. I’m in the hospital…”

“What happened, are you okay?” His voice picked up. I could hear Trish ask what was going on in the background.

“It’s Hailey…she was attacked, I’m waiting to see a doctor. I don’t know anything but, I have Katie down here, would you mind coming down, we don’t have a car or anything.”

“Sure man, be there in a half hour.”

“Thanks.” I hung up and Katie came back with two steaming cups of coffee.

“Here, it’s hospital coffee, so don’t expect Starbuck’s flavor,” she let a half smile show.

“It’s perfect,” we went to sit down when a doctor came up to us.

“Hailey James party?” Party? What was this a restaurant?

“That’s us, how is she?”

“Surprisingly she’s going to be okay.”

“Thank God, doctor was she raped?” the last word I found myself almost choking out.

“Well, that’s supposed to be confidential but she told me it’s okay to tell you anything. But she was not thankfully. You came in just in time. She does however have a concussion, a few bruises and dislocated knee.” I said a silent prayer just knowing she had not been rapped and was going to be okay.

“Can we see her?” Katie spoke up as she clenched my hand in hers.

“Actually, she’s going to be released soon. She’s filling out some paper work, I think she’ll get a better night’s rest at home than here in a hospital. I am giving her a prescription for her concussion and knee, she’s probably in a lot of pain but isn’t letting on. I am also going to suggest her seeing a therapist, this was a pretty big trauma, and I’d keep a close eye on her. She’s just finishing up some questions with the police and then going to be fitted for a immobilizer for her knee.”

“Thank you,” I shook the doctor’s hand and he nodded his head. He gave us the hall number and we walked down the hall to where she was. “Hailey?” I asked through a green curtain.

“Come in Brian,” I heard her voice. She was sitting up on a gurney, knee propped up on a pillow with an ice pack on it. I went up to her bed and wrapped my arms around her.

“Thank God,” I whispered, kissed her cheek and pulled her in for another hug.

“I’m alright, I’m tough,” she let out a small laugh. Katie went on her other side and hugged her.

“I’m so sorry girl,” I saw tears start to fall from Katie’s eyes.

“No, you did nothing. Did you call Nick ?”

“I’ve tried honey, I think he may have passed out, A.J. is on his way to take us home.” I saw her chin drop and she looked disappointed. Just then a cheerful nurse came in.

“Excuse me but I need to get this on Miss James so she may go home and get some rest. How are we doing Dear besides the obvious?”

“I’ll be okay, I just need to sleep.”

“It is six am, here are your prescriptions for any pain. The doctor told me you don’t need crutches?”

“I have them at home, this is a frequent thing for me,” she shrugged her shoulders and winced as the nurse put her brace on. I wanted to take her in my arms, hold her and tell her that everything was going to be okay.

“Alright you’re all set, let’s just get you in this wheel chair,” the nurse wheeled the chair over to the bed.

“If you don’t mind I’d like him to help me?” her voice made her sound like a five year old as she looked at me.

“Not at all, gives these old bones a break, now you take care.” She smiled and left the room.

“Okay you ready?” I asked her helping her sit up.

“Yeah, I just want to go to bed,” she brought a hand up to her head and she closed her eyes tight.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay the night with that concussion?”

“Brian please?”

“Okay,” she put one arm around my neck and I gently picked her up from the bed and down onto the chair. I fixed the right leg rest so it was up horizontal. I wheeled her out into the waiting room where A.J. and Trish were.

“They’re releasing you already?” Trish spoke as soon as we were close enough.

“They said a good nights rest in her own bed is what she needs,” I told them. A.J. knelt down hugging her, he looked up at me and I shook my head knowing what his eyes were asking.

“Alright let’s you guys home,” A.J. announced and we went out to where his car was. Trish sat in the back by herself and I sat in the middle row of the Escalade with Hailey. She had her back against me and legs up on the seat. My arms wrapped around her and I held her hand in mine, it wasn’t five minutes and she was sound asleep.

Within forty-five minutes we made it to Nick’s house. “Why don’t you guys spend the night, it’s really early…or really late, depends on how you look at it,” I told them as we pulled up the drive way.

“Yeah that’s not a bad idea, A.J?” Trish asked sleepily.

“Sounds good.” I undid my seat belt and gently lifted Hailey off of my shoulder. A.J. opened the door for me.

“Brian?” Hailey asked as she opened her eyes.

“We’re here,” I slid out of the car and helped her down.

“Want me to carry, or go get your crutches?”

“I’ll walk, just help,” I took her arm around my shoulder and Katie got on her other side to help. I could tell she was in a great amount of pain but I wasn’t about to argue what was best for her right now. We went up to the door and I took my keys out to unlock the door. The five us on quietly went inside and I saw the lights were on in the living room.

“Nick?” Hailey called out softly. We walked into the living room and none of us were prepared for what we were about to see.