- Text Size +
“Hey thank you for helping out with that lift. I kept trying I just couldn’t seem to get it,” Nick came up to me as I was taking a drink from my water bottle.

“Not a problem Doll. Sometimes, it’s your partner and not you. I think that when you dance with someone, like in any relationships, there has to be something that sparks between the two of you. You really are a good dancer; you just needed your other half.” I winked to him and closed my water bottle. Nick looked as though he were about to ask me a question but closed his mouth and gave me a half confused smile.

“So, what’s the scoop with this whole tour thing? All I was told was that your last dancer decided she couldn’t do this or something? I was called, sent some video’s to learn in two days, while I finished up my job and then flown out here. Your tour starts in two days?”

“Yeah, that’s about the jest of it. So, you know Fatima pretty well?” Nick asked me as we started walking out of the dance hall.

“Pretty well yeah. I met her oh gosh, I think it was six years ago at a dance clinic. Right about when I started dancing.”

“You have only been dancing for six years and you’re that good at it? Most of our dancers have been dancing their whole lives.”

“Well, I had some background sorta in it when I first started, I had the flexibility down cold and jumps and leaps were never a problem.”

“What were you a gymnast or something before dancing?”

“Actually yes…I was,” I stated slowly. “But now I dance and will always dance!” I said out loud in a crazy French accent, taking Nick’s hand into mine and spinning around down the hall. We laughed as we made it outside. Everyone else had either left or was waiting outside talking.

“Hi, I’m Brian, your name is Hailey right?” Brian reached out to shake my hand. I took it and nodded my head. “Thank you for saving Nick’s butt, someone usually has to, but none of us guys could really fix his lifting problem in there today.”

“Not a problem, it usually just takes someone with talent like mine!” I joked and we laughed. “So, tour starts in two days here in Texas. What will do for fun tonight?” I asked.

“Probably relax around the Hotel. Do some swimming, some eating. We can usually get the pool for just us late at night. We should do that so we can get to know everyone.”

“Sounds fun. All my stuff was taken to the Hotel already; I hope it all makes it there.”

“I wouldn’t worry; we’re all taken care of rather well.” Brian smiled. “I couldn’t help but notice you have a tad of southern in your voice. Where are you from?”

“South Carolina. Born and raised.” I said proudly. The three us continued to talk as we got into a van and went to the hotel. We all made plans for swimming at 11 o’clock at night and dinner at seven.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~At the Dining Room*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There were about 15 of us that are on the tour and went to have dinner tonight. There were the boys, us five dancers, A.J. brought his girlfriend, and then there were some other important people and of course Fatima. I found myself becoming friends with Nick rather fast and as well as with Katie. I sat next to Katie and across from Nick and Fatima sat on the other side of me. These were the people we talked to the most because our table was so large, we could not exactly scream across.

“I think its dead Nick.” I laughed taking a bite from my salad.

“Huh?” Nick looked up confused.

“Your chicken, I think its dead hon. You’ve been stabbing it with your fork since you got it. Aren’t you hungry?”

“Nicky’s always hungry, he’s probably just making sure its tender,” Brian laughed drinking from his water glass.

“Actually, I think I’m going up to my room. I’m not feeling that well. Excuse me.” Nick placed his napkin on his plate and got up from the table. I looked at Brian confused and he only shrugged.

“You want him.” Katie giggled taking a bite of her salmon. I choked on my water I had just taken a sip of and Fatima slapped my back.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“She’s right girl. You’ve been eyeing him all night. Whether you realized it or not, you were eyeing. He’s single you know, the only one of the group I think.”

“No, he’s cute and all but there seems something about him that doesn’t seem right from what you told me Tima.” Yeah Nick Carter is sexy and I would be crazy not to think so but there was something else that was drawing me to him.

“Maybe he’s coming down with something. You studied to be a nurse you should go check and make sure he’s okay later. And I mean that sincerely. Oh girl, I’m so glad you could do this tour. I didn’t think you would actually come since you wouldn’t come to try outs.”

“I have a job you know.”

“Yes, but this is the more fun job that will pay you a bit more for less hours.”

“Amen to that.” I laughed but my mind soon went back to Nick.

“Hey Hales, do you know Amber?” Katie asked.

“Ya know, she seems familiar, but I really don’t think I know her. Why?”

“Well, she’s been staring you down like you were a piece of meat for the past twenty minutes.” I looked up and down at the other end of the table, Amber’s eyes pierced through my skin a brief second and she looked back down to her meal. My stomach knotted up for some strange reason but again, I ignored the uneasiness I felt.

“Maybe she’s a lesbian and just thinks I am hot!” Katie and I laughed and all of us finished our meals. I had Nick’s chicken wrapped up and I decided that I would bring it up to his room.