- Text Size +
Another week and half has passed and time was coming close to Nick's birthday. I was able to do some walking with crutches that hooked around my upper arm; but when I were to do long amounts of walking I still had to use my wheel chair.

"So Nick has no idea that you're walking or about the surprise party or that you're coming to see him?" B.J. asked. She had come to stay with me for a week.

"Nope. You're going to meet us in Florida for Nick's birthday right?"

"Yes, I mean its in our home town, you're giving him the best present ever. It's going to be great!" B.J. walked me through the mall. "Ooo, how about that black dress right there, girl with your body you'll knock Nick's socks off!"

"We can try. I'm just still worried about being able to walk without the crutches when I get there."

"How much walking can you do with out them now?"

"I can take like a step or two."

"The way I look at it, is that Nick is still going to be surprised to see you out of the wheel chair; as well as the other guys."

"I know but it's more of a personal thing for me now."

"Understandable, come on lets go try on that dress." After shopping around the mall for a good five hours we went back to the house. B.J. handed me my crutches, helped me stand up and I made my way to the house. She got my wheel chair out and pushed it to the door. As I went to unlock the door, I realized it was unlocked.

"Did we not lock the door?" I asked B.J.

"No, I know I did. Why?"

"It's not now." She got in front of me and opend the door and popped her head through. As soon as she did she closed the door and looked at me.

"Is someone in there?"

"Uh yes but you need to get in the chair and I need to hide your crutches."

"What, why?" I laughed.

"Trust me!" I sat down in the wheel chair and B.J. put my crutches in the back seat of her car and then opened the door. She helped get it over the stoop and I wheeled in.

"You're acting..." I was cut off when I wheeled into the living room.

"SURPRISE!" Nick jumped off the couch and ran to my side.

"Nick! What are you doing here?!"

"We have a five day break, I had to come see you. Between the stories Bryce kept telling me about Dave and you acting weird on the phone; I'd be crazy not to. How are you?" He pulled me in for a hug and kiss.

"Hi to you too bro," B.J. said sarcastically walking up to us.

"Hey," Nick hugged his sister.

"I told you I'd look out for her," B.J. said. "You could've at least told me you were coming."

"I did, check your phone once in a while."

"I can't believe you're here!" I smiled up at Nick. He knelt down, I wrapped my arms around his neck again and he picked me up into his arms.

"I've missed you so much." I squeezed him.

"Okay, well I'm going to go try on our new clothes. Hails I'll put your stuff with mine for now."

"K," I said not taking my eyes off Nick's.

"Let's go snuggle, you've been sleeping in the guest bed right?"

"Yeah, can't really do stairs ya know," I lied. The last week I had been sleeping up stairs, it just usually involves me going down the stairs on my butt. NIck carried me up to his room and placed me on the bed.

"Are you tired baby?"

"A little, I just want to hold you in my arms." He lied down next to me and pulled me close.

"Nick, you didn't have to come. But I'm so glad you did." I pulled him in for a kiss.

"You look amazing, been working hard at therapy?"

"Yeah."

"Have you been doing any walking?"

"A little," I looked away from Nick. It hurt to lie to him. But I was determined to keep my surprise.

"It will come, don't push. You know your body better than Dave." I just pulled him in for another kiss, where we continued to make love.
_________________
"So, do you have therapy today or tomorrow?" Nick asked with this head propped up in his hand and playing with my hair. It was the day after Nick had decied to surprise me.

"Um, no. But I need to do some pool work." I was actually supposed to go to therapy tomorrow but I didn't know how to tell Nick that he couldn't come.

"I think i can help with that. Hey did Bryce ever get you into the ocean?"

"No," I laughed. "I have like ten rain checks to give him."

"I can't believe a girl like, who is afraid of nothing, is scared of the ocean."

"You can't see where you're swimming, there are shraks and other sea monsters!"

"You're crazy."

"Yeah but you love me," I smiled.

"I kinda do," he kissed my nose and pulled me into him. "Let's shower and, I'll take you out for chocolate chip pancakes and then spend the day together."

"Mmm sounds perfect. Almost."

"Almost?" Nick cocked his head to the side.

"Your sister? You know the one you sent here to save me from Bryce a little. I mean I love the big guy but there's only so much you can hndle."

"I know. I'll ask her to come. I'll go start the water and see if she's up." Nick got out of bed and kissed my forehead.

I sat up and pulled the sheets. I was only wearing my underwear and Nick's over sized shirt. I let my legs dangle over the side of the bed and waited for Nick. A minute later he appeared and came by myside.

"She said she wanted to give us the day together but the three of should go out to to dinner tonight."

"Oh, she sue?"

"Yes, now come on." Nick picked me up and brought me into the bathroom. "So you can stand now?"

"Short periods of time," it wasn't a total lie. I could stand longer if I had the crutches on my arms but on my own I could do it for maybe five to ten minutes. Nick slipped my shirt off and pulled down my underwear and then pulled off his boxers.

"I cannot promise we'll actually get to the cleaning part of this," he grined, picked me up and brought me into the steaming water. I laughed and he set me down to my feet, my arms clasped around his neck. "You alright?" he asked looking into my eyes. I nodded my head and kissed him. Our hands began to roam each others bodies as though we hadn't seen each other in a year. Nick kissed my neck and I bit is shoulder lightly.

"God, I've missed you," I told him pulling his body closer.

"You have no idea," he kissed me back and picked me up in his arms. My legs wrapped around his lower body and he entered me, slowly.