- Text Size +
Brian's POV
I watched as Nick stormed back into the ball room, he immediately went to the bar and the bar tender handed him another drink without Nick having to ask. Kaylee was at the bar and Nick put an arm around her. At that moment I knew I had to find Hailey, especially since Katie walked in alone. Katie came up to me and ran a hand through her hair.

"Not good?" I asked.

"Nick broke up with her and she is now up stairs in my room."

"He did what?!"

"He's wasted and not thinking right."

"Obviously, he's over there making out with Kaylee now."

"Hey guys, what the hell is Nick doing?" Alex asked walking over.

"He just broke up with Hails." Katie told him.

"Seriously? After everything she did for him?" Alex asked.

"I'm going to go check her on," I told the two and headed up for her room. When I reached Katie's room, that was just down the hall from mine I knocked on the door. It took a minute but than the door slowly opened.

"Oh, it's you." She said and walked away. I followed her into the room where she was putting things into her suitcase. She had changed out of her dress and was no wearing a pair of black sweat pants and a zip up hooded sweatshirt. Her hair was pulled into a messy pony tail and her make up had been taken off.

"Sorry to disappoint you."

"I just thought it would've been Katie."

"How are you doing?" I asked, she looked up from what she was doing and gave me a look saying, 'Did you seriously just ask me that?' "Sorry. Can I do anything?"

"I think you've done enough," her words were cold and sharp. She then let out a sigh, stopped what she was doing and looked up at me. "I'm sorry B, it's not your fault. Obviously he's been thinking of doing this for a while. I'm surprised he hasn't done it sooner." I watched at how calm she was moving around the room, you wouldn't have known she had just been dumped.

"Brian, could you help me get an earlier flight home? Like to South Carolina."

"Sure thing, I'll give a call." She disappeared into the bathroom and I called someone who helped us with traveling and managed to get a flight for Hailey in the morning. She came out of the bathroom brushing her teeth and placed a bag into her suit case. She then went back into the bathroom and came out a minute later.

"Were you able to get me a flight?"

"Tomorrow at eight." She nodded her head and zipped up her suit case, then looked at her phone which lay on the bed and as she was heading back towards the bathroom I took her hand. I pulled her slowly to me and pulled her into my arms. "It's okay to be upset right now Hails." I felt her try to resist me and then finally gave in, her body relaxed into me and I held her a little tighter. I inhaled and took in her perfume that lingered from the night.

"I'm really fine. It sucks but hey, Nick wants me to get over myself so that's that." She pushed away from me and began pacing the room. "He's right, totally right. If only I had eaten or could get over this thing that stays in me. If I hadn't worn the clothes I did at physical therapy, I wouldn't have been attacked. If I hadn't fallen over those rocks, I wouldn't have been paralyzed. If I hadn't joined the tour, I wouldn't be in this situation and my heart would never be in this amount of pain it is now." Her words began to break up and her breathing began to get heavier. "And now, I've lost the best thing that's happened to me...again and there is nothing I can do." She started coughing and I could hear her begin to wheeze more.

"Maybe you should sit."

"I love him Brian, since when is that not enough?" She started crying and I tried to get her to sit down with me.

"You need to sit down, it's okay you're upset and it's good you're letting this out but you're having an asthma attack. Where is your inhaler?"

"I...don't...care," she said in between coughing. I stood up and looked around for her purse, I found it on a table and opened it. It wasn't in there.

"Hailey where is your inhaler? Did you pack it already?" I started looking through the zippers in her suit case. She didn't answer and slid against the wall to the floor. "HAILEY WHERE IS IT?!" I began to get upset, not with her but at the whole situation.

"I forgot it," she whispered. I knelt down next to her and brought her knees up to her chest.

"You need to slow your breathing down. Put your head in between your knees." I rubbed her back and looked around the room, trying to think of what to do. I cupped her face in my hands and just wanted to take all the pain away from her. "Come on girl, calm down." I tried to think of anyone who else had an inhaler and it came to me that Leslie, Nick's sister had one. "Okay, I'm going to get you an inhaler, head back down," I took my cell phone out and called Nick's phone. It just kept ringing. "Dammit, okay I'm going to have to leave you. Just keep breathing for me." I kissed the top of her head, looked at her and walked out of the room quickly. I got back down stairs as fast as I could and walked through the ball room that was beginning to die down.

"Howie have you seen Leslie?" I asked rushing up to him.

"She was on the dance floor with her sisters last I saw. Why what's wrong?" Before Howie got out of the last part I had already taken off to the dance floor.

"Leslie do you have your inhaler on you?" I asked.

"Uh yeah in my purse at the table, why?"

"Hailey needs it." Leslie took my hand and guided me to the table. When we got there Nick was kissing Kaylee who was sitting on his lap. Leslie opened her purse fast and dumped everything out on the table.

"What are you doing?" Nick slurred.

"Looking for my inhaler."

"Are you okay?" Nick sobered up a little, okay, he just became more aware of his surroundings.

"For your information, Hailey needs it. Not that you care," her words iced the air and handed me the inhaler finally. "I'll come check on you and her later." I glanced at Nick who seemed to have a concerned look on his face when I mentioned Hailey's name.

"Thanks," I took the inhaler and ran towards the elevator, went up three floors and back to the room. When I went in, Hailey was now slumped on the floor, wheezing bad and I was afraid I was going to have to get her to emergency. I picked her up and brought her over to the bed and propped her up against the head board. I put the inhaler into her mouth, and sprayed it twice. She held it in for a bit and then let the air out slowly.

"There you go. Do you need one more?" I asked brushing her cheek with my thumb. She nodded her head and I gave her one more spray. She let her head drop back, exhausted. Her forehead glistened with sweat, her cheeks rosy and her eyes closed. Her breathing slowed down but was still deep. Her hand ran over the front of her zip up and she slowly unzipped it. She started to taking her sweatshirt off and I helped her slip it off.

"You warm?" I asked and she nodded her head. I went to the bathroom and got a cold wash cloth. I dabbed her collar bone and forehead.

"Bri?"

"Yeah?"

"Sleep with me tonight?" Her words were child like and it was like the night had cheated on her all over.

"Sure. We'll have to be up at six-thirty to be at the airport at seven." She nodded her head and I took my shoes off. I took my cell phone out and placed it on the night stand. "I'm going to put the stopper in between the door so Katie can get in." I did that and then got into the bed.

"It's over this time, isn't it?"

"I don't know Hails," she rested her head on my chest.

~*~*~*The Next Morning!~*~*~*~
Nick's POV
The sun came through my window bright and early, waking me from the alcohol induced sleep. My head pounded and my body felt heavy. I look down and saw brunette hair sprawled over my naked chest; Kaylee was asleep, naked on top of me. 'What the hell happened last night?' I asked myself sitting up a little. Then flash backs of the party, Hailey singing, Brian mentioning she didn't eat, I over reacted...Kaylee, we definitely slept together. "Fuck," I said to myself getting out of bed.

"What are you doing baby?" Kaylee asked rolling over.

"I made a mistake...again." I threw on my jeans that lay on the ground.

"Come back to bed. We've already talked about this. You did the right thing." I looked at the clock it was seven-thirty and then put a tee shirt over my head.

Ignoring Kaylee, I put my shoes on, grabbed my wallet and phone and went to Katie's room where I assumed she was staying. When I got there I knocked on the door loudly five times. Katie answered the door yawning and wearing her pajamas.

"What?" she asked irritated.

"Is Haily with you?"

"She's gone."

"Where?"

"Why do you care."

"Katie tell me where she is."

"Airport, she left for South Carolina. Her plane leaves in about twenty minutes."

"She left?"

"What did you want her to do? You broke up with her last night, oh not to mention you went to your room with another girl. Let her go Nick." Katie sighed and I wanted to break down right there. She was right though, there was a reason for what I did last night...wasn't there? "Go back to bed. That's where I'm going." She shut the door and I stood there for a moment thinking.

~*~*~At the Airport~*~*~
Hailey's POV

"Brian, thank you for being such a great friend. You know I love you right?" I asked taking his hands into mine.

"And I love you," he gave me a half grin.

"After today though, I'm going to need some space. I need to find myself again and be on my own for a while."

"Your brother is going to pick you up at the airport?"

"Yeah I'm going to stay with him for a bit until things are settled down."

"Well, I'll get your stuff shipped out to you from Nick's house as soon as we finish this leg of tour."

"Thank you." I glanced at my watch and saw that they would be boarding in twenty minutes and had to go through security still.

"Stay in touch here and there." Brian told me and I only nodded my head, knowing that it would be a while before I would be able to. He pulled me in for another hug and kissed my cheek. "Take care of yourself girl and if you need anything-"

"I know. Good-bye Brian." A tear slipped down my cheek and I turned away before any more tears had the chance to escape. I headed towards the security check point and never looked back.

Once on the plane, I looked out the window. Things from here would never be the same. I let out a deep breath as the plane took off and headed into the endless sky.

"Good-bye Nick." I whispered to myself and closed my eyes.

The End