- Text Size +
Brian’s POV

“Nick you, we have to do something to get you better,” I told Nick and looked at the rest of the guys around him. They nodded their heads in agreement.
“I am better, I feel fine,” Nick slouched against the couch.

“Nick, not that way and you know it. This depression that you have going on and you cannot deny it anymore. I’ve been there man and you don’t want to do this alone, trust me,” A.J. told him.

“Guys it’s not a big deal, I’m over it and I’m over her,” Nick told us matter of fact.

“Come on Nick give it a rest, you tried to kill yourself in those waves the other day for her; there is no way you can just be over her after her leaving just last night,” Howie said.

“It’s us, let us help. I know she still loves you,” as I said this I saw a little spark in Nick’s eye as if he were a two year old who just saw a toy.

“It’s true Nick, I mean why would she have flown all the way here with Brian. She took care of you as though you two were still together and she cried for you that night of how worried she was. I saw the way she looked at you and the way she would say your name,” Kevin told Nick.

“I blew any chance though yesterday when I yelled at her,” Nick’s head dropped.

“You’ve done all the obvious stuff to get her back but now it’s time to step it up,” A.J. told Nick standing up.

“A.J?” Kevin asked almost in a warning tone of voice.

“No, it’s time. They’re supposed to be together it’s crystal clear. I mean she’s the first girl Nick’s stayed well…almost faithful for. And if he didn’t love her then he wouldn’t be well…the way he his now.”

“What do you suggest?” Howie questioned.

“We need to release a new single within the next month,” A.J. pointed out. “And I know we were thinking about doing ‘Beautiful Woman’ but I have something more romantic. And when we shoot the video I know who can be our leading lady. God knows she’s got the looks,” A.J. winked at Nick.

All of us were quiet, trying to think of which song off of the ‘Never Gone’ album he was talking about.

“’Crawling Back to You’,” Nick’s voice almost whispered. A.J. was right, it was perfect; it was true, it could work.

“What do you say?” A.J. asked.

“I think we should do it,” Kevin agreed.

“It’s going to be an emotional shoot,” Howie told Nick.

“I need to try at least once more and give it all,” Nick smiled. Something no one has seen in months. “How in the world do we get her to come out and do it though?”

“Leave it to me,” I told Nick and smiled back at him. “Kevin why don’t you call our producers to let them know what we agreed, A.J. start calling Nigel for the video shoot and Howie take Nick out to get some food and out of the house for some shopping,” I was excited for Nick. I really wasn’t sure if it would work, Howie was right it would be extremely emotional but it could quite possibly fix everything.
*~*~*~*~* Two Weeks Later: NYC Hailey’s POV*~*~*~*~*~*


The driver who had picked me up from the airport dropped me off at some place. I was to be doing a video with one of my favorite music groups, The Fray. My agent had called me about two weeks ago saying that they saw me in one of my shows and thought I’d be perfect for one of their video’s but that I didn’t need to dance in it. Which is a good thing because of my knee.

When I got there, there were lots of workers, the set was a of this large beach house.

“Ahh Hailey James I presume?” a tall bald man came up to me with an English accent, he looked familiar.

“Yes, I’m here for the Fray?”

“The who? Never mind, go get make up and wardrobe, that direction,” the man pushed me off towards some chaotic direction. I got this weird feeling in my stomach but brushed it off. I got to where makeup was and I saw a familiar face.

“Katie?!”

“Hailey! Oh, @#%$, hi,” she pulled me in for a hug.

“What are you doing here?”

“I well, um, aw hell,” she put her hands on her hips and looked around.

“What’s going on?”

“I’ll be right back,” she told me a rushed off.

“Hailey, darling! Come let me do your makeup! My name is Eric and I’m going to make you even more gorgeous than what you already are,” I was ushered to a makeup chair and then was being painted up, my hair brushed, flat ironed and curled. Just as I was done I looked in the mirror and I got a glimpse of another familiar face. He saw me and walked up to me.

“Hey Hails,” Brian pulled me in for a hug. It was starting to come together.

“How come I have this feeling I’m not doing a video for the amazing Fray?” I stood up from the chair.

“Hate me all you want after this but please don’t freak out. We wanted you to star in our video because you’ve become so close to us and I knew that if any of us had asked you would’ve said no.” Brian shrugged his shoulders up as he finished. I looked at him for a moment and couldn’t help but laugh at how cute he looked.

“You’re right, I would’ve said no but I’m here now and…well, you are one of my best friends. But please, don’t do anything like this behind my back again Bri, be honest.”

“I know I know I’m sorry. Forgive me?”

“I’ll have to think about that one. But come on The Fray? You know how in love with them I am!” Brian laughed.

“I promise I will get you to meet them at one of their shows. I’ll set things up after this is over.”

“You better! So, what song is this for?”

“It’s well, ‘Crawling Back to You’ I have to run, love you for this!” Brian kissed my cheek and ran off.

“I really should leave for this stunt he’s pulled,” I said to myself and then felt myself being pulled off to wardrobe.

Nick’s POV

I paced around nervous as to what was going to happen. Brian told me that she now knew. I looked around the house set and everything was pretty close to what my beach house looked like that we stayed at. A.J. claims that not much directing will be needed and that he had a feeling things would fall in place.

“Okay people get in your places,” Nigel told us. This probably would’ve been the quickest and easiest set we’ve had to do. “Now remember, the idea is that Hailey here, is like the most important thing in world to her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. You guys are all here for your best friend trying to get Romeo and Juliet back together. Hailey just go with whatever emotion the song is taking you. We’ll start with Brian going through the pictures of Hailey with Nick, and writing the lyrics to this song. Brian you strum on your guitar and Nick will be writing the words.

Hailey you’ll start in Nick’s arms and then with some camera magic you’ll fade away. Everyone ready? And ACTION!” Brian started singing.

“Everybody knows that I was such a fool, to ever let go of you but baby I was wrong, and yeah I know I said we’d be better off alone, it was time we move on, I know I broke your heart, I didn’t mean to break your heart, but baby here I am…” Brian sang and I held her in his arms, the first time since before we broke up and I could feel my heart beat so strong. She looked up into my eyes, with such overwhelming love.

“Banging on your front door, my pride’s spilled on the floor, my hands and knees are bruised and I’m crawling back to you. Bagging for a second chance, are you going to let me in? I was running from the truth and now I’m crawling back to you…” BSB

The idea was Hailey in her home now; she was looking through a scrap book of her and I, it something that I had put together these last two weeks. As she flipped through it, I saw tears start to fill through her eyes. She closed the book and pushed it towards the closed door and walked over to ‘her bed’. She picked up the teddy bear I had given to her one night when she was homesick from her brother and she hugged it on her bed.

Two hours later we shot my solo scene:

“I know you’re in there, you can make me wait, but I’m not going to wait, it’s the least that I can do, to tell you face to face, I was lying to myself (lying to myself-Howie), now I’m dying in this hell, (dying in this hell-Howie), girl I know you’re mad, I can’t blame you for being mad but baby here I am…” I sang into the door, almost rubbing it and falling to my knees.

I was on my knees at the base of the door, hitting my fists.

“Banging on your front door, my pride’s spilled on the floor, my hands and knees are bruised and I’m crawling back to you. Bagging for a second chance, are you going to let me in? I was running from the truth and now I’m crawling back to you…” BSB
We shot a scene of the two of us in a heated argument.

I had to shoot the chorus scene where I had to pick going on tour with the guys than being with her. I made sure Nigel wouldn’t decide to use another girl to represent what really happened. The idea was that I chose something over the woman I was in love with.

“If you could see these tears I’m crying, touch these hands can’t stop shaking, here my heart that’s barely beating, you will see a different man…” I sang this part with all my heart and feeling. Hailey had at least a hundred different letters and emails lying around her that I had once written her.

Because we really have to sing along with the music that is being played, my emotions got to me and I let the tears fall from my face. At the end of this line she opened up the door and we were face to face. She almost took my breath away when I saw her, she had a tear streaked face and looked vulnerable.

“… but baby here I am, banging on your front door, my pride spilled on the floor, my hands and knees are bruised…” A.J. sang.

“… and I’m crawling back to you, bagging for a second chance, are you going to let me in, let me in, I was running from the truth ,running from, now I’m crawling back to you, baby, banging on your front door, darling, my pride spilled on the floor, I was running from the truth, now I’m crawling back to you, yeah…”

“Now I’m crawling back to you,” I sang

“Crawling back to you,” Howie sang.

“Crawling back to you,” Brian sang.

“Crawling back to you…” Kevin sang last.

The scene faded out with Hailey opening the door, throwing her arms around my neck and me lifting her up.