- Text Size +
"Nick stop sticking things down your cast, you're going to get something stuck down there," I told Nick.

"But it itches! I want this damn thing off," Nick whined.

"You only have two more weeks Nick."

"I'm not going to make it," Nick threw down the hanger he had on the ground and let out a frustrated moan.

"You've done it before. You can make it."

"Exactly, I just did this two years ago. Damn leg."

"Suck it up. What do you want to do this weekend?"

"Hmm, I don't know things are kind of limited."

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself, jeeze," I laughed and sat next to Nick, placing my chin on his shoulder.

"Dinner, movie? We haven't done a date in a while and I want to get out of the house."

"Sounds good, I'll look up some movies online." I jumped up and went over to the laptop that sat on the counter. I typed in the search engine of the nearest Regal Cinemas and started reading off movies to Nick.

"Let's go see 'Wanted', referring to the latest Angelina Jolie movie."

"Alright, late or early? When do you want to go to dinner."

"Before like around six-thirty?"

"Okay there is an 8:50 movie we can go to after."

"It's five o'clock now, what do you want to do until then?" Nick wiggled his eye-brows.

"I think you have something in mind Mr. Carter," I leaned inward for a kiss.

"Let's go up stairs," Nick smiled and then stood up. I handed him his crutches and went up stairs.
~*~*~*~*~*~
"That movie was sick!" Nick said in excitement as we made our way back to the car.

"You just wanted Angelina the whole time."

"Why would I want her, when I have you?" Nick asked.

"Cause she is hot and sexy and thin."

"Hailey?" Nick stopped at the car and reached for my arm as I went to take the keys out of my purse.

"Sorry," I pulled away and searched again for my keys.

"No what is it?" Nick's eyes remained on me. I let out a sigh and unlocked the car.

"I'm just not feeling great about dinner." I opened the door and got in. Nick followed, and put his crutches in the back seat.

"What are you talking about? You had a salad and salmon."

"And then we shared that piece of cake."

"Shared Hails."

"I know I know...this sometimes happens." I gripped the steering wheel with both hands after I started it.

"What can I do?"

"Nothing, I'll be fine," I glanced over and smiled to Nick. He gave me a look of concern as I drove home. I had turned the music on, trying to a voice any further conversation from Nick and our ride home was quiet.

Once back home, it was eleven thirty and we got ready for bed. Nick got ready before me and was already in bed watching late night TV. I finished washing my face and as I dried it, I stared into the mirror briefly.

"Snap out of it, you ate healthy all day, you worked out and it wasn't like you binged." I told myself. My eyes then caught the reflecting of Nick's scale in the mirror. I bit my bottom lip and walked over to it. I stepped on the top with my bare feet as though I was stepping on glass. I closed my eyes as the digital numbers continued to go up.

"Hails?" Nick called out but I hadn't heard him. Taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly I opened my eyes. "Baby what are you doing?" I heard Nick's voice then and quickly stepped off and turned around.

"I was just coming to bed," my eyes avoided Nick's.

"Talk to me, don't shut me out. I told you, I'm here for the bad days too."

"I'm just being silly. I know first of all not to weigh myself at night."

"How much was it?"

"Nick it's not important. I shouldn't be worrying about those numbers anyway."

"Can you do me a favor please? It would help me feel better knowing how much you weigh."

"Nick I-"

"Hails," he whispered and set his crutches against the counter and hopped closer to me.

"Nick I'm okay, I'm not slipping I promise."

"I know you're not but you're still heeling and I know it's going to take time," he pulled me to him. His arms were comfort around me and I wrapped mine around him.

"One-nineteen." Nick only nodded and kissed the top of my head. At that moment I felt relaxed and I wasn't worrying about the numbers any more or what I had for dinner.

"I want to go snuggle," I looked up at Nick and smiled.

"Me too," he smiled back and took his crutches. Things were going to be okay I thought as we climbed into bed.

"I'm so thankful to have you back in my life, I love you Nick." I kissed him.

"As am I."
~*~*~*~A Week Later~*~*~*
Nick's POV:

"Just because you have a walking cast on Nick doesn't mean you should be over doing it." Hailey told me as we found a place at the beach to sit. I had gotten my cast off yesterday and they put on a black removable boot. I was still on crutches because I couldn't put my full weight on, but I was allowed to take the cast off when I wasn't moving around; for that I was happy.

"I won't be, we're here at the beach now and I can go in the water with you and the sexy bikini you have working for you," I winked.

"Yeah, I feel like just lying here," she told me lying on the blanket we spread out.

"You haven't felt like doing much the past week. You get up, we do some errands together you work and then want to go to bed. She shrugged and put her sunglasses on.

"So what time is Brian and the rest of the guys coming?"

"Not until late tonight, it's going to be fun."

"Well, I cleaned the house like crazy this morning so you better not destroy it within a day."

"Hey! That's why we're here."

"It's hot today, can you toss me a water babe?" I reached into the cooler and pulled out a water and tossed it to her.

"Thanks," she took a sip from it and lay back down.

"Let's go in the water."

"Nick, give me a few minutes."

"You'll still get your sun in the water. Please, I'm anxious to get in."

"Really? I couldn't tell." She laughed lightly and sat up. "Alright, how do you want to do this because you can't walk; and if you get that thing wet, the inside will take forever to dry."

"I can wear it in the water, I'll just put no weight on my leg and use the crutches when we leave."

"Alright," she stood up, put her sunglasses on the blanket. "Let's go." I slowly made my way down the beach out the water. The hard sand made it a little easier to walk on the crutches. Once to the water, I tossed the crutches up the beach a little away from the water and Hailey got on my right side to help me in.

"This is harder than I thought it would be." I struggled into the water and finally made it in.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just don't let go," I warned her and she had her arm around my waist. The water felt good and trying to tread with the waves was giving me a work out.

"So what do you have planned on doing with the guys while they're here."

"Cookout tomorrow and talking about getting the album started again."

"That's good," she coughed.

"What you don't want us to start the album?"

"No sorry, I think it's great!"

"Yeah Trish and A.J. will be over tonight for dinner. I figured we could make pasta and salad?"

"Sounds good," she then started coughing again.

"Are you drinking the water or something?" I joked and splashed her.

"No, thanks for your concern!" She pushed my shoulders down. We continued to play around for a bit enjoying the cool water. A few minutes later I felt her grab my arm. "Nick can we get out?"

"What already? This is good therapy for my leg," I told her.

"I just, I need-" she began coughing and wheezing.

"Inhaler?" I asked getting her focus into my eyes and she nodded. We made our way back up to the shore, and I had my arm around her as I hopped up to reach my crutches. She was breathing harder now. "Go get it, I'm fine." I told her and she only shook her head in agreement and went up to where our things were. I watched as she dropped to her knees and dug through her beach bag. She took it out and shook it a few times, put into her aerochamber and took in the medicine.

When I finally reached her, she was taking in deep slow breaths trying to get things under control again. "You okay now?" I asked with concern sitting down.

"Yeah, sorry I don't know what triggered it."

"You should've told me sooner you needed it."

"I didn't know it would turn into that," she lay down. When ever she had an asthma attack it always took a lot out of her. I unstrapped the boot on my leg and lay it open on the blanket to dry out. With this sun, it should only take an hour to dry out.

"Did you want to go baby?"

"No, I'm okay now. Let's relax," she smiled and put her sunglasses on.
~*~*~*
"So where is your better half?" A.J. asked me with Trish on his side as they walked in.

"Taking a nap, but she should be up soon."

"So the leg is healing up?"Trish asked sitting in the living room.

"Yeah, almost there," I told them sitting down.

"When is Rok and D getting in?"

"Not until like ten tonight."

"How are things between you and Hailey?" Trisha asked.

"Great, I think we've finally got things right this time around."

"About time,so when is dinner?"

"A.J. don't be so rude."

"Nah I'm used to him," I told Trish. "The pasta sauce is just simmering and the pasta is boiling now. Hailey insisted it be almost ready by the time you came."

"Love that woman," A.J. said.

"Love you too," Hailey said stifling a yawn walking in.

"Hey girl!" A.J. stood up and gave her a hug and she walked over to Trish, giving her a hug.

"You guys been here long?" She asked.

"Nope just got here."

"I'll go get dinner finished," she started walking to the kitchen.

"Hey want me to help?"

"Nope, you got it started. Hang out," she gave me a kiss.

"She alright? Her voice is a little hoarse."

"She just woke up, leave her alone," Trish slapped A.J.'s arm.

"Hailey actually had an asthma attack earlier, that usually causes her throat and lungs to be a little rough. She's okay though."

"That girl needs a break from life," Trish said shaking her head. "I'm going to see if she needs help." She stood up and went to find Hailey.

"I'm thinking we discuss a serious world tour with this album we're going to do. We gotta go back to 'Millennium' style."

"That's going to be a lot of work J," I told him.

"It will be worth it though, I think we owe it to our fans because our last couple of albums were okay but not really 'wow' albums."

"I get that but I don't know if Brian would go for that and if Kevin is going to do some tracks,I'm not sure how it will work."

"Is Kevin coming tomorrow?"

"No, he'll be here tomorrow."

"Well, it's something to consider."

"Dinner in five minute guys," Trish came out and told us.

"We'll figure it out this week," I told A.J. and we stood up to go to the dining room.