- Text Size +
"You coming in?" Nick asked holding his hotel door open for me.

"Uh, yeah sorry," I shook my head and stepped into Nick's room.

"I'm just going to go change out of these clothes, make yourself comfortable," he disappeared into the bathroom and I took a seat on his bed. I sat back further on the bed and my hand rested on a hard surface. I pulled back the comforter and brought my hand to my mouth and picked up the book.

I slowly began to flip through the pages, running my hands across the pictures that caused memories to flood my mind.

"I, Hailey I didn't mean to leave that out," Nick's voice made me jump.

"Why do you have this?" I asked not taking my eyes off of the scrap book. I was looking at picture of Nick and I taken from a concert, he held me up in the lift we worked hard on for 'Beautiful Women.'

"I couldn't seem to get rid of it," he shrugged and sat down on the bed next to me.

"But why is it with you right now? Why not in a closet back home or under your bed." I closed the book to shut out the memories, it hurt to miss them.

"It just helps for the days I'm lonely I guess," he brought his leg up an set it on the bed.

"How's the ankle?"

"Feels I've been walking on a sprain all day, just great."

"I'll get you some ice," I stood up, went into his bathroom and got his ice bucket. I walked out of his room, in desperate need of air all of a sudden. I leaned against the wall for a moment waiting for my heart to slow down and I closed my eyes.

"Hailey are you alright?" I jumped at Brian's voice and stood up straight.

"I'm fine, just getting Nick some ice," I held up the bucket and walked to the machine.

"Hails you look upset," Brain followed me.

"Brian, I will come to you when I'm done. Go relax."

"I'm getting some ice myself." He held up his bucket and I filled mine up half way.

"I will talk to you later Brian." I winked and went back to Nick's room. He was on the phone and I went into the bathroom to get a towel.

"I know babe, I want to see you soon...I don't know I may be here an extra couple of days, we have some...I'm sorry...I have to go, I'll call you tomorrow...okay, you too...bye." Nick hung up the phone and I walked up to his bed and set the towel of ice n his ankle.

"Thanks," he said.

"Girlfriend?" I asked, referring to his phone call. He just nodded his head. I sat down on the edge of the bed, tucking a leg under me.

"Hailey, I never meant to hurt you I just wanted you to know this."

"And you know I only had best intentions for you Nick."

"But it just wasn't working." I didn't say anything back but look across the room. "Say something."

"What do you want me to say Nick? You broke up with me, during the time things were at their high point with us. Because I hadn't eaten my dinner on your birthday you broke up with me." Nick let out a sigh and ran a hand through his long hair.

"I couldn't keep doing that with you Hails, you needed more help than I could obviously give."

"I was fine though that night and had been for a while. I hadn't had dinner because I was too excited to be with you." My voice had now began to rise and I was sitting up straighter.

"But within two months Katie had to come help your brother put you into the hospital to get you to EAT!" Nick's voice was loud and he threw his hands up in the air towards me and I flinched. I saw Nick's face soften for a minute and almost sincere as he saw how he had scared me.

"BECAUSE I gave up in myself because YOU gave up in ME!" I was now standing and breathing hard. "I did NOTHING but LOVE you Nick and by being with you I learned how to become strong for myself and had a reason to live again."

"Maybe this was a bad idea," Nick now stood up. "

"No it was, I was too stupid to think we could just go an entire day without hurting each-ahh," my heart skipped a long beat and felt as a knife had gone through it. 'Not right now,' I said to myself as I had fallen to my knees, clenching my shirt.

"Always something wrong, asthma?" Nick asked simply getting closer to me.

"No," I stood up and closed my eyes feeling light headed. "Look, it looks like you're doing just fine. I only wish for the best for you and hope that you find the happiness you deserve Nick." I walked towards the door and stopped with my hand on the door knob.

"Hailey this isn't-"

"Isn't what Nick?" My voice was now a low whisper. "You had me come back to your room so we could talk? You just so happen to have our scrap book we made together on your bed and all we did was fight."

"I didn't want it to be this way."

"Well, it's how you chose it to be. Brian's right, you're not the person you used to be."

"Brian doesn't know @#%$! NO ONE DOES! GET THE HELL OUT!" Nick had picked up the scrap book and threw towards the door and I quickly opened the door and went out.

Without really thinking I found my way to Brian's. He opened the door after I had gently knocked.

"Hey how did it go?" He asked and as though I had been holding my breath, I fell into Brian's arms weak. I must been holding my breath because I began to breathe hard and the room was spinning. "Oh boy," Brian picked me up and brought me to his bed. I took in a few deep breaths and let them out slowly.

"Alright I'm fine, sorry I think I was holding my breath," I let out another long breath. Brian stroked my hair, lying on his side and he looked at me with such care. The way Nick used to look at me.

"What happened?"

"Just that you were right. Nick's not the man he used to be, no where did I see the guy I once fell in love with."

"I'm sorry, I was hoping that because he had a good day today he wouldn't act all Dr. Jackal and Mr. Hyde on you."

"I know he's always had a little temper but I've never seen it towards me. Not until tonight has Nick made me afraid of him..." My voice traveled off as I listened to my own words. "Brian he had our scrap book out, the one we had started to make on tour together."

"He had that out?"

"Does he usually have it or did he bring it because he knew he might see me?"

"No, he brings it every where, I don't know how his girlfriend hasn't seen it yet."

"Well, I'm done with him, I just can't believe how stupid I am for thinking we could at least be friends."

"You're not stupid, Nick is in this dark place and no one can help him. He needs to help himself." Just then there was a knock on the door and Brian kissed my forehead before standing up to answer it. 'I used to be able to help' I said to myself and sat up.

"WHO WANTS WINE!" Katie yelled coming in with Howie behind her. I laughed because it was clear that they had already been drinking.

"Pour me a glass!" I said going up to her.

"Thought you could use this, we heard Nick yelling." Howie gave me a hug and handed me a glass.

"Thanks. Brian you going to have any?" I asked.

"What the hell," he gave in and Howie poured him a glass.

"That's my guy," I winked and leaned into him.

"Let's get the party started!" Howie yelled.

"Oh honey, we're not in the early ninety's any more," Katie patted his shoulder and the four of us laughed.
*~*~*An Hour Later: Brian's POV*~*~*
"And Alex pulled down my pants on stage, I had my Dr. Seuss boxers on because my briefs needed to cleaned, Howie explained.

"It was hysterical and to make things better, that's how he proposed to me!" Katie finished her glass and poured another. We had already emptied one bottle and were almost done with our second.

"Don't you guys have pictures of that?" I asked.

"We do, I'll go them!" Katie stood up as did Hailey.

"I'll come," she giggled.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked amused.

"I don't know, I just haven't drank in almost two years!" She laughed again and followed Katie out of the room.

"Damn man you have the hots for her still!" Howie pointed out to me.

"Excuse me?"

"Hailey, you haven't seen her in over a year, you've dated here and there but you want her still."

"Can you blame me, she's beautiful in every way."

"She's not the same Bri,that spark about her that was so easy to see is gone. Don't get me wrong, she's still great, funny, smart and yes beautiful."

"But she's been through so much and she was in a hospital for almost a whole year. She doesn't trust people and she feels as though she's alone in the world."

"You love her."

"I do."

"So, act on it."

"And ruin our close friendship, the girl is clearly not over Nick and he keeps @#%$ with her mind."

"Nick had plenty of chances."

"He's still my brother."

"He hasn't been much of a brother to you the last month. You need to-"

"Okay we have pictures,more wine and some food!" Hailey's voice broke our conversation. I looked at Howie, my eyes pleading for him not to say anything. "Twizzler baby?" she asked me holding out a strawberry rope to my face. I grinned and took a bite.

"And where did we get this food darling?" Howie asked.

"The fridge," Katie started laughing.

"Great there goes five hundred bucks," Howie shook his head and opened a bag of peanuts.

"Oh stop, this is all good fun!" She defended and we began looking through a photo album. It was good to see Hailey laugh and let loose, the whole day she seemed uptight and now she was like her old bubbly self, with a little help of alcohol of course.

"Awe Brian, this is a picture of you, me and Bailey!" she cooed and sat on my lap. We had all sat on the couches in the suit room.

"He was so little then," I looked at the photo album. "Here look at this picture," I took my wallet out of my back pocket and showed her a picture of him.

"Look how handsome he his, just like his daddy!" Hailey's arm hung around my neck, her head resting on mine. We continued to look through pictures, catch up with one another, mostly with Hailey and her life. She had opened up a little about her time in the hospital. She admitted that as much as she hated it there and had resented Katie and her brother for making her go; it was the best thing she needed at that time. Four am rolled around and we decided it would be best to head to bed.

"Goodnight, we'll do brunch tomorrow okay?" Katie asked hugging Hailey.

"Yes, when I wake up at three pm," she laughed. After saying goodnight, I was picking up some of the mess when Hailey jumped on my back.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"Brian I'm so sorry for kicking you out of my life." I sat on the bed and she leaned back laying down.

"You did what you needed to do, besides I knew you'd be back." I said as a matter-of-fact.

"You did?"

"You play too big of a part in my life to be completely written out."

"I love you B," her eyes sparkled, her face full of sincerity." I couldn't help but reach my hand down and brush her cheek with my thumb. Her eyes slowly closed and a smile came on her face.

"You know I love you." She nodded and opened her eyes.

"I feel safe with you, come lay down and hold me."

"Let me get a pair of pajamas on."

"Just sleep in your boxers, I'll sleep in my underwear." She slid off her her teal shorts, threw them on the floor. She was wearing a pair of boy shorts that were extremely sexy. She left on her white tank top as she lay her head back on the pillow. I took my shirt off and my jeans, also leaving them on the floor and climbed next to her. Her hand reached up and ran her fingers gently over the scar on my chest. She bit her bottom lip, and I made myself roll on my stomach so she wouldn't notice my arousal.

"You okay?" I asked as I noticed a glimpse of sadness in her eyes.

"Yeah," she whispered and nodded her head rolling towards me.

"Hails, I can't lose you. You mean so much to me," I tucked back a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

"As you do to me," our faces were inches apart now and my heart was beating faster. Her fingers stroked my chest and caused goosebumps to form over my body.

"Hailey I-"

"Shh," she put a finger up to my lips and brought her soft bubble gum lips to mine.
_________________
*Hailey's POV*

I woke up to my head pounding and an arm wrapped around me. 'What the hell happened?' I asked myself and turned to face a sleeping Brian holding me. 'Charelston, wine, Katie, D, more wine, pictures, wine,I kissed Brian...clothes are still on, that's a good sign,' my head began going through a million thoughts at once.

"Good morning," Brian smiled as he opened his eyes.

"Morning," I let a half grin creep my face and sat up all the way.

"Where you going?"

"I should head back home."

"We're doing brunch with everyone today remember?"

"Oh, okay. Mind if I take a shower?"

"Mind if I join you?" he smirked. '@#%$ did we do more than kiss last night?' I asked myself again.

"Uh actually it's going to be really quick. Why don't you call everyone."

"Oh...alright." I gathered my things and quickly went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower to hot and looked into the mirror. "Brian is your best friend, what the hell do you think you're doing?" I took my clothes off and stepped into the steaming shower. I welcomed the hot water gratefully as I let it run down my body. "But the kiss was a great kiss, I do remember that about the night, and I guess there's always been something more than friendship between him and I." I washed my hair and after five more minutes I had washed my body and stepped out. I dried off and slipped on the same clothes I had wore yesterday and began to towel dry my hair.

When I went back out to the room, Brian was on his phone and looking through which clothes he wanted to wear.

"Alright see you guys in about fifteen." He hung up the phone and looked at me. "That was A.J. we're going to have breakfast across the street in a bit. You okay? You look a little pale." He came up to me and brushed my cheek with his thumb. The damn butterflies attacked my stomach again, but they were a different kind than when I got them when I saw Nick.

"I'm fine," I pulled away. "Why don't you go shower."

"Hails I think we should talk about last night."

"We will, just how about after brunch?"

"Alright." He sighed, I knew he wasn't happy with the answer but headed into the bathroom.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"So, here we are," Brian said as he pulled into my driveway. I nodded my head and neither of us knew where to start.

"Bri."

"Hails." We both started in unison.

"Go ahead B," I smiled.

"I just wanted to talk about last night. You're one of my best friends and although I'll be first to admit I've been attracted you from the moment I saw you I just don't know if we could be anything more." I let out a small sigh in relief.

"I know exactly what you mean Brian, and despite this two year break from seeing you, we had grown very close."

"So close that I've fallen in love for you," as the words came out of Brian's mouth I did everything to keep from showing how shocked I was. Did I love Brian that way? I knew I was still in love with Nick. @#%$. I am in love with Nick but can I possibly be in love with two guys at the same time? With two best friends.

"I'm sorry Hails, I just, I needed to tell you." Brian broke my train of crazy thoughts.

"No, I'm glad you did tell me. I don't know what to say. I mean, I know I love you as a friend and maybe even more. I just haven't really thought about it ya know? I think now that we're back in contact with each other, we need to work on becoming close again and just see?" I questioned. Okay, so does that mean, we're together and its a trial thing, or just friends and whatever happens, happens? I'll go with B.

"That sounds good to me. I'm heading back tonight to Georgia and I'll give you a call tonight and we can plan something out. Maybe you can come fly out or I'll come back here."

"I'd like that. I want to see little B." Referring to Bailey.

"I'm glad you came out with us. It was like things never changed."

"Almost." I winked and gathered my bag. "I'll be seeing you Brian," I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He pulled me in for a hug and I got out of the car.

Ch.10

"Come on, you never come out with us any more! You used to love dancing." Emily whined, pacing my kitchen as I sat flipping through a magazine. "I'll start begging!" She then got on her knees and started making puppy dog noises.

"Oh, hell. Get off your knees. I'll go out."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, let me just go change and put some make up on."

"Ahh I LOVE you!" she pulled me and kissed my cheek. "I'm going to call Sarah and Jen." I grabbed my glass of water I was drinking and made my way up stairs. I looked in my closet and decided to wear a pair of dressy dress shorts that came right above my knees, a pair of black pumps and white halter top. I applied some eye make up, a small amount of bronzer and squirted Victoria's Secrets 'Heavenly' on me. Within ten minutes I went down stairs where Emily was.

"Let's do this." I grabbed my purse.

"I'll drive tonight. I want you to enjoy yourself!" I grabbed my keys and put them in my purse and went out and got into her black Celica. It was only about a twenty minute drive downtown where the best dancing bars were. It was only eleven and the bar we were going to was already packed.

"You guys made it!" Jen called out rushing up to us with drink in her hand. My guess it was cranberry-vodka.

"Let's get you two a drink!" Sarah said next to Jen and we went up to the bar.
~*~*~*~*~*~Nick's POV~*~*~*~*~*~
"I can't believe you decided to come with us," A.J. said for the hundredth time.

"And if you say that one more time, then I'm going to catch a cab back to the hotel and leave you here with Trish. I just figured I haven't really gone out in over a year and the girlfriend keeps bugging for me to take her out dancing. I should start preparing myself." We had went into the club called "BarFly" and apparently it was the hottest dance spot to go to in Charleston. I had decided to stay an extra few days as did A.J. and Tricia before we had to get back to work soon.

"Here is a coke for you," Trish handed A.J. his drink. "And here is your coke," she raised an eye brow at me.

"What?" I asked taking a sip.

"I don't get why you don't drink any more." I shrugged my shoulders and looked around the bar. Truth was I hadn't drank since my surprise birthday party. It had turned me into this person I didn't know. I lost Hailey because of it. A.J. patted my shoulder because he had known why I had I stopped drinking.

"Let's find Nicky here a girl to dance with." A.J. scanned the bar. "There, a group of girls at the bar. The one right there, nice booty and legs." Trish slapped his arm playfully. "Hey I can look for a friend."

"Who already has a girlfriend?"

"She's in a different state," A.J. defended. "Nothing wrong with mingling and dancing, right Nick?"

"Huh?" A.J broke me from my trance because the girl with the nice booty and legs, just so happened to be someone I had once known.

"You okay?"

"Take another look at that girl Alex." I shook my head.

"Oh shit, that's Hailey! Let's go say hi!" Before I could stop him he was gone with Trish and I slowly followed behind.

"And here is to us girls!" The brunette hair girl yelled holding up a shot glass and the three girls slammed them back as if it were there job. I saw A.J. slap Hailey's butt and as she turned around she was ready to start a fight but then saw who it was.

"What are you doing here?!" She threw her arms around him.

"Just checking out the hot spots," he replied. She gave Tricia a hug and then her eyes met mine.

"Hey there Nick!" she slapped my shoulder as if I were a long life pale and smiled. I nodded my head towards her and watched as she drank from her Labatt Lite beer.

"Okay we have to do a shot!" Trish yelled and then ordered four shots. "Nick you want one?"

"Nah." I leaned against the bar and took in the surroundings.

"Okay here is to us girls!" Trish lifted her shot and the four of them tilted their heads back and took their drink. Justin Timberlake's song, "Sexy Back" came blaring through the speakers and the two friends of Hailey squealed.

"On the dance floor!" one of them pulled on Hailey's arm and towards the dance floor. I couldn't help but notice the glance Hailey took at me before heading out. I watched as she danced with her friends and A.J. and Trish joined them. Damn could Haily still move. She didn't look slutty or as though she were trying too hard, her hips just knew where to go with the music.

I watched a guy had come up to her and placed his hands on her waist. She casually spun around and smiled at him. Before the poor guy had a chance, she had managed to get far enough away and continue to dance with herself. 'Smooth,' I said to myself.

"So are you going to stand there all night or go dance with that girl you've been drooling over for the past five minutes?" A women's voice broke my thoughts.

"Excuse me?" I looked next to me and a tall women with shoulder blonde hair had asked me.

"The girl over there turning guys down right to left, she's gotta be saving a dance you. You know her?"

"No...I don't know her."

"How about you and I go take a dance?" She asked drinking martini.

"Thanks but I have a girlfriend. I'm just here with some friends."

"Suit yourself." She shrugged and walked off.

"Nick, come dance with me!" Trish took my arm and pulled me out to the dance floor. We began to dance to 'Please Don't Stop the Music' and surprisingly I was enjoying myself. I saw A.J. dancing with Hailey and she now had a cranberry-vodka drink her hand. How she got another drink so fast was beyond me.

"It's possible for you two to be friends you know," Trish said into my ear, her arms around my neck.

"I really don't know if it is." It was the truth, we tried to talk and I just ended up blowing up on her.

"She misses you and she's obviously lonely or she wouldn't be drinking as much as she is."

"She's just having fun," my eyes looked over at her again.

"Jesus Nick just dance with her," Trish reached next to her and hit A.J.'s butt and spun herself towards him, while A.J. pushed Hailey into me.

"Well, hello there!" she grinned showing off her million dollar smile.

"Hey, having fun?" I asked and she now had her arms around my neck.

"Mmm hmm. I'm surprised you're here. I didn't think you were a club kind of guy."

"I'm here with those two,nothing else to do tonight." I caught a scent of her perfume and closed my eyes inhaling it.

"So Nick, am I allowed to say that you look hot tonight? I think I'm allowed, nothing wrong with that right? I mean we're just two people, dancing, and happen to used to date."

I couldn't help but laugh at her words knowing that she was already pretty tipsy. "Well, thank you Hails." She then smiled brightly again. "What's that smile for?"

"I feel happy right now, I don't know, just truly happy. I forgot what it felt like for a while." She then took her straw out of her cup and tilted the glass in her mouth; emptying the liquid into her throat. "I'm going to go get another. Can I get you something?"

"Let me buy you a drink," I smiled and she put her arm around my waist and without thinking I put mine around hers. We walked to the bar and I ordered her another drink. "I'm sorry for the other night, I didn't want our first real talk to be that way. I just seem to have a short fuse these days." She then put her finger up to my lips.

"Shh Carter. Don't ruin my happy moment." Her phone then rang and I noticed it was "One in a Million." I raised an eye brow at her. "So, it's my favorite song on that CD, Hello," she answered. "NATE, how are you? You will never guess who I am with here at BarFly!" she then handed me the phone and the bartender handed her the drink.

"Hey Nathan, it's Nick," I said into the phone and Hailey was sipping on her drink dancing in front of me.

"Carter?"

"Yeah, how are you?"

"I'm good. Where did my sister go?"

"Well, she's a little drunk right and just handed me the phone."

"She's drinking? How much?"

"Well, since I've been here, I've seen her have two shots and about four drinks. But I got here after her. We just sorta ran into each other. I'm in town for promotion stuff."

"She's not supposed to be drinking."

"What why?" I looked over towards her and she was almost done with her drink and was talking to her friends.

"She's on this medication and if she mixes alcohol it's just not going to be good."

"Medicine for what?" I walked towards Hailey and took her drink out of her hand.

"HEY!" She called out and reached towards me.

"Her heart. Look who is there with her tonight?"

"I have no idea, two girls."

"Okay maybe I'll just come and get her. Barfly she said?"

"Nate I'll look after her tonight. I'll have her give you a call in the morning."

"You don't have to do that."

"I need to."

"Alright, call me if you need anything."

"Sure thing." I hung up the phone and handed it to Hailey. "Hey let's get you home?"

"What? I've only been here for a couple hours. Bar is open for another two hours. And you took my drink away, which I need another!" She headed towards the bar and before she spoke, I ordered a water and pulled to me.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"You're on some kind of medicine and aren't supposed to be drinking Nathan said?"

"He said what? I'm fine, ignore him. I feel fine!"

"Hey girl, we need to go dance!" Her friend pulled towards the dance floor again and she shrugged walking away. I made sure she stayed in my eye sight and wondered what kind heart medicine she was on. Her heart was fine after the surgery she had two years ago.

I took a sip of the water I had ordered for her and watched as was dancing with her girlfriends.

"Hey man saw you dancing with Hailey, very nice." A.J. came up to me.

"Do you know of any problems with her heart?" I asked him.

"Uh, not since well, two years ago why?" I explained to him what I talked to Nathan about. "Well, maybe it's just the same pills she was given during that time."

"She was allowed to drink though with those." I looked back out to the dance floor and saw that she wasn't there.

"I'd let her friends take care of her though Nick, maybe you shouldn't get involved."

"I told her brother I'd watch her. I'm going to go find her."

"Or maybe you should tell her that you still love her." I ignored A.J.'s last comment and walked around the dance floor. I found one of her other friends who was dancing with a guy and walked up to her.

"Hey where did Hailey go?"

"I think she went outside with Sarah," Jen said and continued to dance. I went up the steps that lead to outside and looked around the pack deck. People were smoking, on their cell phones and drinking. I saw the two by the railing in the back and walked up to them.

"Heyy, look Sar, it's Nicky!" She put her arms around me and I looked at her friend.

"She alright?" I asked.

"She was just warm, we came outside for some fresh air." I pulled her away from me a little and felt her forehead. She was sweating and it was burning.

"Drink this," I handed her the water and she took it, still leaning against me.

"Thanks, I feel like I've been running a marathon."

"We haven't been dancing that long," Sarah laughed. "I think you need to relax a little though. You're face is beat red."

"And my pulse is racing! But Nick here has always had that affect on me." Sarah reached up to Hailey's neck and looked at her watch.

"Hailey you feeling okay?" she asked.

"I'm good!" she put her thumb up in the air.

"Hey let's go sit on those chairs over there," I said and we walked over to the table with the chairs and sat down.

"So you are the Nick Carter huh?" Sarah asked.

"That's me," I said keeping an eye on Hailey. She had knees tucked up to her and her head resting on them.

"Hailey?" I asked.

"Hmm," she kept her head down.

"Maybe we should take her home," Sarah said.

"You know what, I will. If that's okay with you?"

"I don't know, you did break her heart."

"I talked to her brother and I just told him I'd look after her. You stay with your other friend and I'll be sure she gets home safe."

"Hails, you want Nick to take you home?" Sarah asked rubbing her friends back.

"Nick?" She asked lifting her head.

"Yeah, Hailey, you need to get home. I'm going to take you okay?"

"You won't leave me again?" Her voice made my heart break a little.

"No way. I'm here tonight."

"Okay." Her head went back down and I took out my cell phone to call A.J. It rang a bunch of times before he finally answered. I told him to meet me at the car so we could take Hailey home.

"Alright, well have her call me tomorrow. Hailey if you need me tonight call me." Sarah said and then walked away.

"Time to go," I helped Hailey stand and she stumbled into my arms.

"I don't feel well." She held her hand up to her head.

"I know, we're going to get you into bed. Can you walk?" I asked wrapping my arms around her. She nodded her head into my chest and we walked to the parking lot. Just before we made it to the car, she pushed me away and dropped to her knees and began getting sick.

"She okay?" A.J. asked and Trish was already by her side.

"I really don't know. Should I take her to the hospital?" I asked getting closer to her.

"NO!" she called out and tried to stand up. Tricia ended up holding her up and looked at me for help. I picked her up and brought her to the car. A.J. opened the door and I set her in before getting in myself. She lay her head on my lap and I brushed her hair back gently.

"Why would you do this to yourself, pretty girl?" I asked in a whisper and kissed the top of her head.

"Because I'm still in love with you," she mumbled and within seconds she was fast asleep.