- Text Size +
"So that's it, he just took you home, you didn't kiss or anything?"

"He was a nice guy Nick but please can you seem with a lawyer? He was looking for someone to be a stay at home Mom. I mean yes I want to have kids some day but I'm still way too young and living my own life right now." She explained to Nick as they jogged the hills.

"So there won't be a second date?"

"Nah. I'd have to set an appointment at least a month in advance. What did you do last night?"

"Hung out with A.J."

"And you did?"

"Just hung out." Kylie slowed her run down and kept her eyes on Nick.

"What?!" He asked putting his hands on his waist catching his breath.

"Nick."

"We just listened to some music..." Nick couldn't keep back his smile. "Okay he played your latest track, 'I Get It'."

"What?! It's no where near ready!"

"Kye, are you kidding me? That song is amazing. He played it because he kept telling you it was complete but didn't believe him. I told him I wanted to hear it for myself. I wouldn't change it at all."

"You're just saying that."

"It's me we're talking about here. You know I will always be completely honest with you Kylie." Nick moved closer to her and his eyes full of utter most sincerity.

"Thanks Nick," Kylie went to wrap her arms around him and then pushed him away. "Race you home!" She laughed and Nick followed behind trying to catch her.

"You're such a pain in the ass you know that?" Nick asked catching up to her.

"I know. Don't tell me you don't like it," she said in a seductive voice.

"Yeah yeah, so you're working tonight?"

"And tomorrow. You going to come visit?"

"I may." Nick breathed heavily when they reached his and Alex's house.

"Well, wouldn't want to put you out. I mean I know how busy you these days."

"Hey what does that supposed to mean."

"Come on Carter. You do the same thing pretty much every day and if I hadn't just been jumped, literally into your life then who knows where you'd be."

"It's true though." Nick smiled making Kylie blush a little.

"Okay, I have to go get ready for work. See you around Carter."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I can't believe how busy we are tonight," Liz yelled to Kylie opening another bottle of vodka.

"Good thing, I need these tips." Kylie told her giving change back to a man.

"Look who is here," Liz gave her a knowingly look. Kylie cocked her head a little and saw Nick make his way to the bar and take a seat at the only open spot.

"What'll it be Carter?" Kylie asked smiling. Nick couldn't help but stare at her open v-neck black shirt. Kylie knew exactly where he was looking and leaned forward. "See something you like?"

"Yeah a Blue Moon," Nick said sitting back.

"Uh huh," Kylie shook her head and took out a frosted glass and used the tap to pour the beer. She then took out a slice of orange and put it on top.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing. Hang on we're packed tonight." She told Nick and went to take care of another customer. Nick scanned the bar, there were quite of few people dancing out on the floor to a Shania Twain song. The pool tables and dart boards were full and the bar itself was unbreathable. Luckily this seat at the corner of the bar was here and he could breathe a little.

As took another sip of his beer, Nick felt himself relax a little. He couldn't remember the last time he just went out for a drink. He watched Kylie and her friend Liz from hiking the one day run back and forth around the bar. A younger guy bar backed and brought in another case of Blue Light.

"Hey this seat taken?" A female voice interrupted Nick's thoughts and he looked next to him. He didn't even know the seat had been empty to begin with.

"Uh no, help yourself." Nick nodded. The dark haired smiled with bright red lipstick. Her eyes were blue and he thought they were captivating.

"Illona," she held out her hand and Nick took it.

"Nick."

"You don't look like a country boy Nick."

"Well, you're not such the country girl are you?" Nick asked as he looked her up and down.

"Yeah no. Born and raised in L.A. what do you expect?" She laughed.

"So what brings you here?"

"My girl friends like to line dance. I come to drink."

"I don't see a drink in your hand."

"I was just going to get one."

"Let me. What do you like?"

"Sex on the beach," she said as she licked her lips. Nick smiled and tried to make eye contact with Kylie. Liz came over first.

"Hey Nick how are you."

"Great Liz, how are you?"

"Busy. What do you need?" She asked looking at Illona than back to Nick.

"Sex on the beach."

"You got it," she took out a glass and began pouring the cranberry juice in. "Here you go. Kylie says your drinks are all on the house tonight, a thank you for the keyboard."

"Well, here is a tip for you two." Nick took out his wallet and handed Liz a hundred.

"Nick not necessary."

"No please, you guys are busting your butts."

"Thanks," Liz said and put the hundred with the other tips.

"So are you seeing one of the bar tenders?'

"Nah, just good friends. That's Kylie right there." He pointed her out.

"She's cute. Why aren't you seeing her?"

"Just better as friends."

"Thanks for the drink Nick. So tell me, you look familiar. Should I know you?" Nick let out a nervous laugh, not really sure what to tell her. Usually he didn't care if he told people who he was but now that it's been so long and since he knew he would no longer be again with the group he felt stuck.

"I'm a musician."

"Oh? From a band?"

"Yeah the Backstreet-"

"Boys. Got it now."

"Know of me?"

"A little. My kid sister was into you guys a lot. I was more of a rock girl. Nirvana, Buck Cherry kind of sort."

"I am too, don't get me wrong. I just sing better to pop songs and such."

"Don't get me wrong, I like your music. So when you guys getting back together." At that moment Nick picked up his beer, finished it and ordered another one. "Okay guess going onto next topic."

"It's fine. I think I'm done with the music thing. So, what do you do?"

"You'll laugh."

"Why's that?"

"Because it's typical."

"Actress?"

"Model."

"Ah," Nick nodded and drank another sip. "You're a great model."

"How do you figure?" Illona laughed.

"Cause you're smoking babe," Nick laughed at himself.

"Want to do a cherry bomb?"

"Sure," Nick then raised his hand over to Kylie to get her attention.

"Yes?" She smiled coming up.

"Another one of these," Nick pointed to his beer. "Another one of those," he pointed to Illona's almost empty sex on the beach. "And two cherry bombs."

"You got it," Kylie smiled again, trying to keep back the jealousy that settled at the pit of her stomach. She served the drinks and had even made herself a cherry bomb and drank it before the couple had a chance.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"And I totally slipped on flower pedals during the shoot, flat on my back, my bare ass managed to catch the shot." Illona bursted out laughing. It had been two hours after Nick had arrived and the two talked and continued to drink at a steady pace both well drunk.

"Yeah that happened to me on stage once. I ripped my pleather pants though bending over doing a dance move and the crowd saw a full moon," Nick laughed hard finishing his beer.

"Hey you want to get out of here, we can take a cab back to my flat. It's ten minutes away."

"Sounds good," Nick grinned and stood up taking her hand. He left another hundred on the bar and got Kylie's attention.

"You heading out?" She asked.

"Yes. I will call you tomorrow."

"You're not driving Nick are you?"

"Nope," he grinned and held up Illona's hand.

"She's not driving." Kylie said seriously.

"We're taking a cab Mom," Illona laughed.

"Alright, later Carter."

"Later Doll."