- Text Size +
"This is soo cool we get to come an hour early before everyone else!" Reanne yelled pulling Alex's hand through the park. The two were ahead of everyone else.

"So, what's going on with those two?" Leigh asked Brian, referring to Nick and Brooke talking to each other behind everyone.

"They spent all of yesterday together, Nick got her to start swimming again. She stayed over until almost three in the morning." Brian told her.

"Are they a couple now?"

"He claims they are only friends but there is something there. I haven't seen Nick this happy in a long time."

"I hope it works out for them," Howe chimed in. Just then they heard Brooke scream, and Nick came running by with her on his back.

"Let's go!" Brooke yelled over her shoulder. Everyone made their way up to Thunder Mountain, to ride the roller coaster.

"You've lived in Florida how long and you've never been to Disney?" Nick asked Brooke as they walked right up to take their seats on the ride.

"I know I know, but when is the last time you came?"

"Probably about six years ago." Nick got in and Brooke sat next to him.

"Last time we were on this ride, Nick got scared." Alex said sitting in front of Nick and Brooke.

"I think this ride is scarier than Space Mountain, because you can see what's coming! Some of those rocks look like we are totally going to run into." The ride started, forcing Nick's head to jerk back and he took Brooke's hand without thinking. She smiled over at Nick and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

As the ride finished everyone got off the coaster laughing at how Nick screamed througout the ride.

For the next hour, the group continued to hit the rides up before the park would be open.

"Let's head over to MGM and those places, since we pretty much did all of Magic Kingdom," Brian announced.

"What time is your show babe?" Reanne asked Alex.

"Starts at seven in this park but we have to be here at five-thirty. You girls can go get something to eat during that time."

"You know I'm really glad you were able to come today. Lucky thing you didn't get called in."

"Well, I have a confession to make." Brooke replied looking up at Nick.

"Oh?" he asked.

"I was called in but I said I was sick today."

"Ooo you'e skipping work. You're going to be in trouble."

"Nonsense. I haven't missed a day since I started working. There are plenty of nurses there. Besides, Rebecca, our head nurse who called me, pretty much suggested I say I'm sick because she knows how hard I work there."

"What shall they do without you then?"

"They'll survive."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Later that Evening~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Take the money so you can get some dinner," Nick pushed her the $50 bill into Brooke's hand.

"Nick I have money and I am not going to eat $50 worth."

"Well, you might want to buy a sweat shirt, it gets chilly. Please."

"I can buy my-"

"You're not going to win, just take it," Howie laughed walking by the two arguing.

"He's right," Nick smiled. "I have to go, have fun with Leigh and Reanne. I'll see you after the show." Nick pecked Brooke's cheek and took off.

"Go with the flow and enjoy it," Leigh Ann told Brooke as they walked off to the food stands.

"What do you mean?" Brooke asked.

"You like him, he likes you, stop trying to make it that you two are only friends."

"She's right B, you're holidng back."

"But I don't know how he feels and I don't think I'm ready yet for a relationship Reanne, you know its only been-"

"A year," Reanne cut her of. "Hi I'd like to have slice of cheese pizza and a diet Coke." Reanne ordered and paid with the money Alex had given her for food.

"A year since what?" Leigh asked and Brooke sighed hoping that she wasn't going to have to talk about it. "I'll have a slice with peperoni and a water." Brooke was next in line and she ordered.

"Hi, I'd like a water and a slice of cheese." The three sat down at a bench with their food and Brooke opened her water, avoiding the two sets of eyes on her.

"I think you can tell her, she knows Nick and can maybe help you." Reanne said taking a bite of pizza. Brooke couldn't help but giggle at thow the cheese stretched from her mouth to the slice.

"She's right, you can tell me and if you don't want Nick knowing I'll keep it between us," Leigh Anne said sincerely.

Brooke took another sip of her water, took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Don't get all "aww poor Brooke on me" because I've dealt with it but am taking a little time moving on."

"You got it," Leigh turned and faced Brooke a little. Brooke shook her head and began.

"To make a long story short, I was in a abusive relationship for three years. Things finally ended last year. I thought he was the one but for some reason I couldn't see that he wasn't, through the black eyes, broken ribs, wrist and forced sex." Leigh let out a small gasp and saddness filled her eyes. She couldn't imagine ever being in that kind of relationship, she's been with Brian for so long and he's treated her nothing less than a Queen.

"This one over here finally knocked some real sense into me," Brooke nodded her head over to Reanne who smiled simpathetically. "But I haven't been with him in just over a year now and he went to prison for four months. He can't come near me, I have a restraining order. He's tried to call a couple of times but I haven't heard anything in over six months."

"I know what you said but I am sorry that happened to you but am amazed at how strong of person you are. And I'm happy that you aren't in that situation any more."

"Thank you Leigh. But Nick I don't think he needs to know. It's not like I'm afraid of men, I know they're not all the same but its just hard being back in any kind of relationship. I mean we were together for a year before Caleb turned into that monster. We were in love at one time and I was going to marry him, so I believed."

"You're right, not all guys are the same but I do believe that you will just know when you're ready honestly."

"I know."

"So how much do you like Nick?" Leigh smirked.

"Honestly, a lot more than as a friend and I wish he would just kiss me already!" Brooke blurted out and the three began laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Cause BABAYYYYY
I don't wanna waste another day
Keepin it inside, it's killing me
Cause all I ever wanted comes right down to you (to you)
I wish that I could find the words to say
Baby I would tell you, every time you leave
I'm inconsolable (oooh)
Don't you know it baby
I don't wanna waste another day
I wish that I could find the words to say
Baby I would tell you, every time you leave
I'm inconsolable
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Oooh, I'm inconsolable
Whoaa yeah
I'm inconsolable yeah yeah "
"Inconsolable" BSB from Unbreakable

The four boys finished singing in unison, and the crowed continued to scream. They took a bow, waved to their fans and made their way off stage.

Leigh, Brooke and Reanne waited in the back side of the castle where the guys would be coming out. A body guard Q, hung around with them.

"I can't wait to see Alex, he looked so amazingly hot on stage, those hips..." Reanne continued on.

"Someone get some ice water to put over her please," Brooke said her arms crossed around her new Disney sweat shirt she bought. She had even bought Nick a matching one.

"Hey Q there is a group of girls forming at the gate side right there." Leigh told the big guy.

"I'll take care of it Mrs. Littrell." He nodded and walked over to the girls.
Just then there was a chorus of screams and the four guys had come out.

"Looks like they found us," Howie smiled.

"Come on guys, let's sign a few autographs then we'll head home. I mean we do want this album to take off now don't we?" Brian asked and the rest of them nodded.

"Hey just hang back here for a bit okay?" Nick asked Brooke.

"You did great tonight, oh here I got this for you." She handed him the sweatshirt and he put it on and put his hand on his hip.

"How do I look?" He spun around.

"Dorky but cute, now get over there before one of the girls faint!" Brooke laughed and watched as Nick did the cat walk to the other guys and the screams grew louder. There were only about fifteen girls but it sounded like a hundred.

After about ten minutes Q ushered the guys back towards the back.

"I am tired," Brian announced.

"I'm hungry," Alex said putting an arm around Reanne.

"Me too," Nick said walking up to Brooke.

"I'm ready to partay!" Howie yelled.

"You're such werido," Nick laughed at Howie.

"I'm kidding, I'm ready for some grub. Let's get back to the car." They had taken a large SUV to Disney to not draw attention to themselves.

"Hey guys, looks like we're going to have to run to the car, more fans are waiting around. You ready?" Jack another body guard asked.

"Just like old times," Brian grinned. "Ladies you stay in front of us." Brooke looked up at Nick worried.

"Relax, you'll be right in front of me and we have our body guards. How many girls can there be without their parents anyway?" Brooke nodded her head and they all began to briskly walk to the car. Then out of no where there were at least sixty girls pushing to get to the Backstreet Boys.

"Nick, NICK!" one fan screamed.

"I LOVE YOU B-ROK!" another one screamed.

"Move faster," Nick told Brooke and her pace picked up. Before she knew it however, some of the fans came through and knocked her onto the pavement.

"BROOKE!" Nick yelled as he was being pushed ahead from Donnie the other body guard. Nick tried to turn around to go back but Donnie wouldn't allow it. "Donnie Brooke fell!" Donnie touched his ear piece and said something to one of the other body guards as he continued to escort Nick to the car.

"She's fine, Q got her." He told Nick as he shut the car door. The other guys got in where Leigh and Reanne were already in the car.

"Where is B?" Reanne asked.

"Q has her, she got pushed down." Nick said looking down. Just then the front door opened and Q was carrying Brooke and set her in the passanger seat. There were to loud hits on the window and the driver took off.
~*~*~*~*~
"What happened to you back there?" Leigh asked leaning over the seat of the car.

"I was walking ahead of Nick, then the fans broke through the barricades and boom, I'm on the ground."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Nick asked again.

"I'm fine."

"Well, I'm hungry," Alex decided to put in.

"Me too, I think we have frozen pizzas back at the house." Brian said leaning back in his seat.

"That's what we had for dinner," Leigh laughed.

"You will eat it again. I'm not worried," Brian said matter-of-fact.

The rest of the ride home, small talk was made and forty minutes later they were pulled into the drive way. Everyone climbed out slowly and tired except for Brooke. Nick made his way to her side of the door that was already open.

"Are you going to stay in the car for the rest of the night?" He laughed. "You were quiet on the way home tonight." He reached for her hand and she hesitated but took it. Brooke shrugged her shoulders and placed her feet on the ground. Nick gave her a look as to, "what are you doing?" and she sighed.

"I kind of hurt my ankle when I fell." Her eyes fell down to her foot.

"Which one?" Nick asked in concern and knelt down on one knee.

"Right." Nick picked her foot up and watched as Brooke's face winced in pain.

"Brooke it's pretty swollen but let's get you in side so I can get a better look." Nick took both of her hands into his and helped her stand. "Can you put any weight on it?"

"Yeah I'm sure I just tweaked it." As she stepped down it, she let a small cry out and fell into Nick's arms. Nick picked her up in one swift move. "Nick this isn't necessary."

"You couldn't stand up and you were quiet the whole ride here. Sorry to say but usually you don't shut up."

"I do not talk that much!" she defended.

"You do, but it's cute so it's okay." Nick brought her into the living room and sat her on the couch.

"What you can't walk any more?" Reanne joked, following them into the room.

"She hurt her ankle when she was pushed."

"Not your right one again?" Reanne asked looking down.

"Again?" Nick asked.

"She sprains that ankle like five times a year I swear."

"I do not!"

"Okay maybe three times but a lot. You should've just had the surgery."

"You're a klutz huh?" Nick asked her untying her shoe lace.

"No, I just am an active person and my ankle isn't the strongest part in my body." Nick undid the laces as loose as they could go before slipping off the shoe. He then gently pulled off her sock.

"Ew that looks worse than last time. Remember that, I thought you surely broke it, I thought you would've broken your leg."

"You're really not helping." Brooke said.

"What happened last time?" Nick asked.

"Hiking and I stepped on some roots to get up the hill and they broke; causing me to tumble down the hill."

"Yeah, this doesn't look like you tweaked it."

"I'll get the ice." Reanne told Nick and went into the kitchen.

"Are you in a lot of pain?"

"No it doesn't hurt." She told Nick not looking in his eyes. Nick propped her foot up onto a pillow.

"Oh? So you would've been able to walk on it."

"Here you go," Reanne handed Nick an ice pack. Nick gently placed it on her ankle.

"Pizza is done!" Alex came out eating a slice of pizza.

"Do you want some?" Nick asked.

"No I'm all set. Go eat." Nick nodded and handed her the TV remote. Brooke flipped through the stations until she landed on "Meet Joe Black."

"She okay out there?" Brian asked Nick eating his pizza.

"Yeah, I think I should maybe take her in to get it xrayed though. It's swollen and already bruising."

"She's a nurse, I'm sure she knows whether or not it were broken," Howie chimed in.

"And this is sprain one hundred for her. She'll be fine, ice and rest." Reanne reassured everyone. Nick finished his pizza and went out to the living room with Motrin and water.

"Here take these," Nick handed the pills to her. Brooke sat up and swallowed the pill with the water.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Tired?"

"Just a little but I should get going." Brooke swung her legs over the couch.

"You can't drive, stay the night. You can sleep in my room."

"I can drive, it's not my clutch foot."

"But it is your brake and gas foot. Here push on my hand." Nick put his hand under her foot. "Go ahead, if you can push on my hand hard enough then I will let you drive home." Brooke tried to move her foot against Nick's hand and couldn't. "Well?" Nick asked.

"I can't," Brooke sighed.

"Relax, let me take care of you tonight okay? It's late, almost midnight." Brooke nodded her head and Nick picked her up into his arms. Nick carried her into his room and set her on his bed.

"Thanks for today Nick, I had a lot of fun."

"I'm sorry I didn't stay closer to you on the way to the car."

"Nick it wasn't your fault. It probably would've happened either way." Nick handed her a tee shirt.

"You can wear this to bed, do you want a pair of shorts? I can see if Leigh has something."

"This will be fine, thank you."

"I'm going to go say goodnight to everyone and be back to check on you."

"Thanks Nick." Nick walked out of his room and and Brooke put on Nick's tee shirt. It was over sized and came just above her knees. She then stood up and got ready to go to the bathroom. "Please don't be broken," Brooke said to herself. She knew this sprain felt worse than the other times. She once again attempted to put a small amount of pressure onto her foot and ended up falling into Nick's dresser.

"What are you doing girl?" Nick asked walking into the room.

"Can't I just pee, dammit." She closed her eyes.

"You're in a lot of pain aren't you? I'm going to take you for an x-ray."

"No, I'm really okay. It will be better in the morning."

"Brooke-"

"Nick, really."

"Let me help you into the bathroom at least." He put an arm around her waist and she held his arm, hopping on one foot she made her way to the bathroom. Nick changed into a tee shirt and gym shorts while she was in there. When the door opened he helped back into bed.

"Nick you can sleep with me, the bed is big enough." Brooke told him.

"I can sleep on the couch it's not that bad."

"Don't be silly."

"You sure?"

"Yes, now get in." Nick jumped into bed and laid on his side facing Brooke.

"We should get you some crutches tomorrow."

"I have a pair at my house but I probably won't need them."

"So why haven't you had the surgery?"

"Because it's like a five hour procedure, then I have to wear a cast for over six months, then an air cast thing for another six, be on crutches for almost a year...want me to go on?"

"But it's a one time thing right? So you have a kinda sucky year with it, but then rest of your life you don't have to deal with sprains and being in pain."

"It's not guaranteed."

"I see. Well promise me you'll tell me how it really is tomorrow? I know you're hiding the amount of pain you're in tonight."

"Promise."

"So, you liked the show tonight?"

"Yeah it was great! Kinda nice to see you live and not just on TV."

"Brooke, do you think everything happens for a reason?"

"I really do. Why?"

"Up until the last couple of weeks, I didn't think so. But from me going to the hospital, seeing you, then you knowing I'd be at the river that day...I just feel like I'm supposed to be with you right now."

"I feel the same Nick." Brooke turned to face him.

"You do?"

"Yeah." She smiled and stifled a yawn.

"Get some sleep. We can talk some more in the morning."

"Oh, I am sleeping in."

"You won't be called in?"

"No tomorrow is supposed to be my day off anyway."

"Good, I wasn't going to let you go in unless it was for an xray!"

"Night Nick."

"Goodnight Brooke."