- Text Size +
*This chapter is for the mature reader only*

Three weeks have passed since Brooke had surgery on her ankle and the guys were just about finishing up their plans for their new record. Most of Nick's free time was spent with Brooke since she was still out of work and each day they were becoming closer yet at the same time Nick could feel Brooke pull away. He wasn't sure if it was because of the fact she was in a cast and couldn't walk or if it were Nick himself. They never fought, gave each other space when needed and acted as though they'd been together forever.

Nick and Brooke were at the hospital getting ready to get an X-Ray on her ankle to see how things were heeling. "Nick stop touching everything!" Brooke slapped his hand playfully.

"I'm bored," he whined sitting back into a chair, looking around the small curtain room looking for something else to play with.

"Alright Brooke let's get this cast off and see how things are coming along," her Doctor told her holding a saw.

"You don't suppose once this thing is off I can shave before you put another cast on do you?" Brooke asked hopefully. "It has to be like the amazon under there," she laughed. Nick looked at her disgusted.

"Sexy babe," he laughed.

"We will see, but we will be sure to clean it really well. You ready? This won't hurt at all," he told her referring to the saw that could cut through cast but not skin.

"Yup," she sat back on the table and watched as the cast was cut on the sides and pulled apart.

"Ew," Nick said. "It looks broken still." He made a face.

"I am leaving you home next time," she shot him a look.

"Actually things look how they should, it's only three and half weeks and you had five pins in and two screws and a plate. We'll take an XRay and see what our next steps are. I'll have you get into this wheel chair, do NOT put any weight on that foot!" The doctor told her and he and Nick helped to her to the wheel chair. A nurse than came in and pushed her into the XRay room.

"Alright, easy does it," the young nurse told her helping her up and onto the table.

"Thanks," Brooke said politely and let the nurse position her leg where it needed to be for the pictures. Ten minutes later she was back on the table in the room telling Nick to stop playing with the instruments. A nurse had come in and washed her leg up with soap and water and even shaved her leg for her. She had to skip around the area where the incision was. But Brooke was grateful.

"Good news," the doctor came in holding the pictures and stuck them up to the light. "Everything looks great and we will not need to put another cast on."

"What?! Look at that thing," Nick said referring to Brooke's ankle. "I think it would re-break just by touching it." The doctor laughed and Brooke apologized for Nick.

"Well, that is partially true. I'm going to put on a boot, which is like a removable cast. However, you still cannot walk on it for another three weeks. But you'll be able to wash it and gently shave."

"Sweet!" Brooke said excitedly.

"But promise you'll use the crutches and stay off because one fall and that's the end of it. The boot must be on at all times, unless it is to wash your leg." Brooke nodded her head.

"You kidding me, this is the best arm work out I've had in a long time!" She smiled. The nurse than came in with a large black boot to put on Brooke's leg.

"I'm going to put this ace bandage on it for extra support because you will be in discomfort for a while until you're used to this." He began wrapping her ankle with a thick ace bandage. When he was done he carefully lifted her leg up and put it into the boot and showed her how to strap it in. It up to her knee like the cast but was a lot lighter. "Alright, I'll see you in another three weeks unless you have any problems."

"Thank you," Brooke shook his hand and Nick shook his hand after and stood up.

"Well, see, that's exciting. No cast."

"Yeah," she hopped off the table and Nick handed her the crutches. "Wow," she said and Nick looked at her and put a hand on her back.

"You alright?"

"It feels so much lighter but it will definitely be sore later."

"Come on, I have something that will take your mind off of it."

The two went out to the car, Brooke a little slower on the crutches than she was used to but they got there and Nick helped her in.

Once in, Nick put his seat belt on and started the car. Brooke stared out the window and listened to the music on the radio. "Stop and Stare" was on and she sang lightly to herself. Her hands were folding into her lap and Nick wanted to ask if something were wrong because usually she would hold his hand while he drove. He knew however what he had planned for her would take her mind off whatever may be going through her mind. It had began to rain, dark clouds formed in the sky. the news had said there were of thunder showers that day.

When they weren't going in the direction of Brooke's house or Nick's rental house where he and the guys were staying she faced him. "Where are we going?"

"Don't worry about it," he told her with a smirk on his face. Ten minutes later Nick reached his destination and turned the car off. The beach was visible and there was a large, white beach house sitting alone.

"Nick the beach? We were just here a couple of days ago."

"Not here," he said getting out.

"Okay but at your guys' house." She said once she opened her door. She swung her legs out of the car and waited for Nick to come around to her side.

"Be right back, stay here," he kissed her softly on the cheek and walked towards the house. He put a key into the hole, pushed the door open and disappeared. A minute later he came out and went back to Brooke.

"Nick what's going on?" She smiled. Nick bent down, put Brooke's arm around his neck and picked her up into his arms. He then carried her on the walk way and up to the house. "Nick?" She asked again and Nick only grinned ear to ear. Stepping up he brought her inside the empty home. He carried her into what she guessed was the living room and brought a hand up to her mouth.

The room had white candles all around the floor, there was a large white feather bed on the ground surrounded by pillows and Nick carefully went down to his knees and set her down. He then put her leg up onto a large pillow and looked at her deeply into her blue eyes.

"What do you think?" Nick asked searching her eyes.

"Of what? Nick this is beautiful."

"What do you think of the house?"

"It's amazing, I don't understand?"

"I bought it," he said simply. Brooked cocked her head to the side and raised an eye brow. "I'm going to move back to Florida."

"To live live?" She asked swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat. Nick nodded his head and then reached up to tuck a piece of loose hair behind her ear.

"I was actually planning on looking for a place here before we came here over a month ago but then you came back into my life..." His voice drifted off for a moment. "And I wasn't expecting it to happen but I fell In love with you during these short weeks and the thought of being across the country from you hurt so much." Nick watched Brooke bite her lower lip and her eyes shifted looking into his. "I love you Brooke Heart," Nick's cheek blushed a little and Brooke put her hand on the back of Nick's head and pulled him near her. She pressed her glossed lips to his and kissed him with all of the emotion she had inside.

"I love you," she breathed pulling away a little. Nick pulled away more when he saw a single tear drip down her cheek. He brought his index finger up and brushed it away.

"Why the tears?"

"I'm happy?" She said more as a question.

"Brooke?"

"I guess I just had already convinced myself that you would be going back at the end of next week." Her chin dropped and Nick lifted it up.

"Brooke, I'm here and not going anywhere...unless it's for a tour," he half laughed. "Is that why you've been distant with me the last couple of weeks?"

"Yeah I'm sorry, it just hurt to think you would be gone."

"I understand, but hey we're here together in our new home and-"

"Our?" She interrupted.

"Well, some day when we're ready to live together, I hope so." Brooke smiled.

"We'll take things slow."

"Of course," he kissed her. Brooke then kissed him back harder. Nick gently lay her down and ran his hand under her shirt feeling her smooth stomach. Brooke kissed Nick's neck, wrapping her left leg around his. Nick fumbled with her buttons on her jean shorts and looked into her eyes asking for permission. She nodded her head, biting her bottom lip and lifted Nick's shirt up and over his head. She threw it behind her and kissed his lips again.

"Make love to me Nick," she breathed heavily and Nick pulled her tank top off and cupped her breast into his hand and massaged it. Brooke let out a soft moan and watched as Nick sat up. He slowly pulled her shorts off and carefully lifted her broken ankle up as he pulled them .

"I don't tell you enough how beautiful you are," he kissed her stomach. "You're beautiful Brooke," he kissed her lips. Brooke fumbled with Nick's jean buttons and unzipped them. She sat up a little and began to pull them off. Nick helped her get them off and in between kisses the rest of their clothes were on the floor.

"Nick, protection?" She asked.

"I've got it, don't worry," he smiled. From there the two entangled themselves up in the soft blankets that were on the ground and each other. The candles flickered with a peaceful glow and rain hit the windows softly. It was the first time they had made love to each other and both knew it would be a day they would forever remember.
~*~*~*~*~
"So when are you putting the furniture in?" Brooke asked eating Chinese out of the carton.

"Later this week, they're moving some of my things tomorrow. But most of it can be sold with the house." Brooke nodded her head.

"So was today my date you've been promising me that would knock my socks off?"

"Nope, this was the date to knock all of your clothes off," he wiggled is eye brow. "No that one will come, don't worry."

"Oh, I'm not. But it's going to be hard to top this," she said honestly.

"I know," he said with a smile. Brooke's phone than rang and without looking at the number she answered it. "I'm going to clean up," Nick told her standing up and Brooke nodded her head.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Brooke?"

"This is she," she said not knowing who was on the other line.

"Look before you hang up, I need to talk to you." Then it hit her.

"You're not supposed to call," she told him.

"I know but I just, I had to hear your voice. I got out today and I just need you to know how sorry I am for hurting you."

"Caleb, don't call me again." She hung up the phone knowing that hanging up on him was a bad choice but she heard Nick walking back.

"Who was that?" Nick asked.

"Oh no one, wrong number." She smiled. "So, I'm ready for dessert," she told Nick pulling him down to the ground.

"Is that so?" Nick asked.

"Uh huh," she leaned in and kissed Nick.

~*~*~*~Two days later~*~*~*~*~

"I will call you when Reanne leaves, we are having some girl time," Brooke told Nick over the phone. "And then us four will go out tonight."

"Alright, I'll go have some guy time with Alex since he's the only one around." Nick pouted and Brooke rolled her eyes.

"Have fun baby," she told him.

"Yeah yeah," Nick mumbled. "Love you," he said.

"Love you." They hung up and Brooke looked over to Reanne who was pretending to put her finger down her throat.

"Gag me," she laughed.

"Please, you're not much better with A.J."

"That's a different relationship. Don't ask how it just is, okay you ready to grab some lunch?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll drive," Brooke joked.

"Right, I don't feel like dying because you keep hitting both the gas and brake with your casted leg. I'll drive," she walked to the door. When Reanne opened the door and almost fell over when she saw who it was. "You leave now before I call the cops." She said with anger.

"Reanne?" Brooke asked coming up behind her and gasped when she saw who it was. "What are you doing here?"

"Please give me five minutes," the 6'0", tall sandy brown hair and hazel eyes guy begged. His tattoo of a dragon was visible on his arm and Brooke shivered looking at it.

"Caleb leave," she said sternly.

"I'm calling the cops," Reanne said digging in her purse for her cell phone.

"NO DON'T!" Caleb yelled reaching for the phone and in the process knocked into Brooke. She lost her balance on the crutches and hit the ground hard. "Brooke! I'm sorry," he went to kneel down and help her up but Reanne pushed him away and out the door.

"You touch her and I will hurt you, now get out!" She pushed him harder and closed the door locking it. "B you okay?" She asked going to Brooke's side. Brooke was holding her ankle and scrunching her face in pain.

"Yeah, give me a second." She took in a deep breath and let it out.

"What is he doing here?"

"I don't know? He called me a couple days ago but I hung up on him."

"You need to call the police."

"They won't do anything unless they catch him near me. You know that. Dammit it hurts," she unstrapped the boot to look at her ankle.

"I'll get you some ice," Reanne squeezed her shoulder and went into the kitchen. She took out an ice pack from the refrigerator and a towel and brought it out.

"Thanks," Brooke said taking the ice.

"You want to go in the living room?" Reanne asked and Brooke nodded her head. Reanne helped Brooke to her feet and gave her the crutches. They went into the living room and Brooke sat down on the couch. She put her leg up and set the ice on. Her head dropped back and she closed her eyes.

"Tell me this all just didn't happen."

"You should stay at Nick's for a while I think or with me but he knows where I live."

"Nick doesn't know about any of this or my past."

"Maybe you should tell him."

"And sound like a pathetic girl that needs saving? I don't need saving and it's bad enough he's had to help so much because of my ankle."

"Nick won't think that, he loves you and I think if you don't tell him and he finds out another way he'll be mad."

"I don't know." Brooke picked the ice up and looked down at her foot. "Great it's swelling."

"Let's get an XRay and make sure you didn't screw any of the screws," Reanne laughed at her own joke.

"Not funny," Brooke glared.

"Sorry, you know I'm corny like that. But seriously, we'll just go in quick." Brooke nodded her head and went to put her boot back on.

"This isn't going to happen," she said.

"We'll bring it with us, come on," Reanne picked up the boot and Brooke slowly went out to Reanne's car.
~*~*~
"Nothing looks damaged Brooke but because off the screws and everything else in there it will be sore for quite some time if you were to bang it. It's good you had the boot on though. Keep icing and elevating today." The doctor put the boot back on her foot and Brooke closed her eyes tight in pain and nodded her head. She thanked the doctor and stood up by Reanne.

"That's good news. Let's get you home to rest so we can do something with the guys tonight if you're up to it," Reanne told her sympathetically. As if on cue her cell phone rang. "Hey babe," she answered. "I'm not home no, at the hospital....no no I'm fine, Brooke had to get an XRay...uh...okay. Hey Brooke, Nick wants to talk to you."

"Didn't A.J. call you?"

"Yeah but he's with Nick...sorry." Brooke sighed and took the phone balancing on the crutches.

"Hey Nick," she spoke into the phone softly. "No I'm alright, I had a little spill and just for precaution I got an XRay...everything came out fine...just a little sore...no, we're just leaving...you don't have to....but...ugh." She handed the phone to Reanne. "They're on their way over, let's go." She shook her head and began walking out to the car.

"Nick's a little protective huh?"

"You think?" She asked getting into the car. "He means well but sheesh." The two drove home and when the two pulled into the driveway Nick was outside talking A.J. Nick walked up to the passenger side and opened the door. A.J. had gone to Reanne's side and opened her door and gave her a kiss.

"Hey you," Nick helped her out and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey," she smiled. Seeing Nick always did make her smile and she automatically put her arms through his and hugged him.

"Miss me?" He smirked pulling her away a little.

"Yeah."

"It's only been two days."

"I know."

"So how did you fall?" Nick raised an eye brow and gave her her crutches. Brooke looked over to Reanne who nodded her head. "What were you doing, break dancing?" Nick laughed.

"Let's go sit," she told him and went ahead to the front door. Once inside they all went into the living room but Reanne held A.J.'s hand standing.

"We'll go in the other room," she told Brooke. "And figure out what we'll do tonight." Brooke nodded her head and Nick looked at her trying to figure out what was going on. He watched as she brought her leg up onto the couch and put a pillow under it, wincing in pain.

"You're hurting baby aren't you?" He rubbed her back a little.

"I'm good," she smiled and took in a deep breath. Letting it out slow she wondered where to start. "Alright Nick I have to tell you something," she said seriously.

"You're making me nervous. Are you breaking up with me?" He half joked.

"No nothing like that. I need to tell you something about my past."

"Listening," Nick said turning to face her more on the couch.

"To make a long story short...I dated this guy, Caleb for about 3 years." She paused trying to read Nick but continued. "And for a good year and half of that, we had a good relationship and were in love. But then his true colors started coming out and he became emotionally abusive to me, telling me I'm no good and all sorts of names. I tried to break up with him and well, we did for a little while but then he apologized and I forgave and we got back together." She ran a hand through her hair and Nick placed a hand on her leg.

"He got laid off his job and I was in nursing school at the time finishing up so things were tight. He got this crappy late night job but it didn't matter because we loved each other supposedly. But he then became more physical and began drinking more, non-the-less I was now in a physical abusive relationship. I'm a smart girl but I kept telling myself he'd be fine once he got a new job. I tried to leave him a couple of times but that usually involved a black eye or cracked rib. It wasn't until I was put into the hospital with a broken rib, a concussion and broken ankle, that Reanne really stepped in, called the cops on him and that was it.
"He was put away for a while...until a couple of days ago. He called me, saying he wanted to apologize for everything. I hung up on him and he showed up today. Reanne went to call the cops but he tried to take the phone and I was in the way and lost my balance and fell."

Nick watched as Brooke shrunk back, bringing her good leg up to her chest and hugging it. He was boiling with anger and wanted to kill this Caleb guy but saw how hard it was for Brooke to open up to him about it and went to pull her in for a hug. He noticed her flinch a little and then she told Nick she was sorry for not being honest sooner.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," he whispered and felt her body relax into his arms. "I won't let him hurt you," he kissed her temple.

"He won't hurt me, I think he seriously wanted to apologize," Brooke pulled away. "But he just has to know he's not allowed to, he knows he has restraining order. I don't want you worrying about this or me Nick." Her voice was more confident now and she was sitting up.

"How am I supposed to not worry? He came to your house and has called you. Did you call the police?"

"Well, no but-" At that moment Nick stood up.

"What the hell Brooke?" Nick's voice rose.

"Nick it's fine."

"You already went to the hospital because of him."

"But he didn't do that deliberately."

"You're defending a guy who used to beat you?"

"I'm not but Nick-"

"What's going on?" Reanne asked stepping into the room with A.J.

"I'm calling," Nick said taking his phone from his pocket and disappeared outside.

"So that went well?" Reanne asked sitting next to Brooke.

"He doesn't understand. The cops will take his name, look up his charges and the restraining order; but they'll just send someone here for twenty-four hours. When he doesn't show they'll leave and that's the end of it."

"Let Nicky do this, it's his way of showing he's protecting you. He loves you kid," A.J. told her sitting on her other side.

"I know and I love him for it but he just wouldn't let me explain it all and tell him it's not that easy." Brooke sighed and Nick walked back in.

"Brooke I'm sorry for losing it," he said walking up to her. "They're sending someone over for the night, they'll get your-"

"Statement and they'll hang out side for twenty-four hours."

"Uh-yeah, but you can stay with me tonight." Brooke only nodded her head. This wasn't how she wanted it to go.
~*~*~*~
"That was a pretty good movie," Nick said climbing into bed with Brooke.

"Uh huh," she said reading her book.

"Brooke, please, don't be mad at me."

"Nick, I'm not mad."

"You're not happy with me." He said leaning on his side. Brooke set the book down.

"Look I'm sorry baby, I just know it's not going to be a big deal and I don't want you worrying about me." She propped herself up onto her elbows.

"I understand that, but you're my girl now and let me take care of you once in a while." Nick said sweetly and rubbed her stomach.

"Let, me take care of you," she whispered and kissed him. Her body leaned over his bare chest and he enjoyed the way her silk night gown felt over his skin.