- Text Size +


Nick threw his arm around my shoulder, as I looked out over the water. It was the last day, shooting our new music video, and we had just finished. I was getting ready to go change, out of my wardrobe, when Nick approached me. He gave me some bullshit line about having a surprise. I knew something was up because Nick and AJ had been whispering, and making calls, all day. Nothing could have prepared me for this.

“Come on Howie! We are all going to do it…even Brian!” His smirk made me want to smack him across the cheek. I narrowed my eyes, wishing a look could kill…or at least slightly injure.

“You are out of your damn mind, Nickolas Gene. There is no way in hell!” Sure, I wasn’t normally the type to swear, like that…but, he really had lost every last marble in that head, of his!

“Why nooooooot?” How dare he even think about pulling that whiney crap with me? There was no way that I would give in! It’s just wasn’t going to happen! I had to stand my ground, on this one.

“You are crazy. So are AJ and Brian. Well…we knew AJ was…and I would expect something like this from him, but not from Brian. Does Leighanne know about this?” I let out a long breath, as I looked out to the horizon.

“You are such a wuss! Be a man, D!”

“I am a man, and I value that…which is exactly why I am not going to do it! Now, kindly get your hand off my shoulder. I feel like you’re gonna make a move on me, or something,” I huffed, shrugging his hand off my shoulder.

“Howie…” his voice got real soft and cocky “…I double dog dare you AND I’ll even purposely trip myself and fall flat on my face, during the concert, tonight.”

At this point, it became very clear to me that I was just as crazy, as they were, because I was actually considering this. Call it a matter of pride, if you will. Possibly, it was just the satisfaction of Nick humiliating himself, in order to see me do this. Then again, maybe I do have an adventurous side. Whatever the case was, I gave in to the tall blonde.

“I can’t believe I am subjecting myself to this kind of pure insanity. Only morons, with a death wish, do this kind of shit.” I mumbled, to myself, as I got prepared. My heart rate had reached an all time speed and my palms were sweating. I couldn’t believe the amount of nervousness that coursed through my veins.

“HOWIE…HOWIE…HOWIE…HOWIE…” AJ, Nick and Brian chanted, as I got myself into position. I should back out…there’s still time…I could just turn around…

“AAAAAAAAAAAH!” My lungs forced out an unimaginable amount of air as I screamed. My eyes were as wide as Frisbees and my tie came out of the vest, I was wearing, and now flopped around my face. “IIIIIII’MMMMMMMM GOING TO KILL YOU CAAAAAARTEEEEEEEEER…YOU FUCKING AAAAAAAASS HOOOOOOOOLE!” I knew, without a doubt, he was the one who shoved me. My face came dangerously close to the water before the huge rubber band retracted, bringing me back up.


“WOOOOOOOO! GO HOWIEEEEEEEEE!” I could barely hear my band mates over my own screaming.

“SOOOOON OF A BIIIIIIIIITCH!” My eyes widened as I started downward, again. My heart was leaping in and out of my chest and every muscle, in my body, was tensed.

Why do I let those three…well really it’s only Nick and AJ…okay so, why do I let those two lunatics talk me into this, kind of, crap? After a few more times of bouncing up and down, a boat came up and released me from the rubber band slash death trap. I think it took me an hour and a half before my heart rate came back down to normal.

So that is the story of how I, Howard Dwaine Dorough, ended up bungee jumping. Oh and belieeeeeeeeeeeeve me when I say…they will get what’s coming to them. You just wait until I talk them into sky diving! I am soooo going to push that oversized, crazy, weird, spawn of the devil, out the plane door! Karma, baby. What goes around…comes around!