- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Leighanne and Brian hangout with Mary until AJ makes a surprising return home earlier than Mary had thought.
“Well, let’s go inside…” Brian said leading Leighanne in front of him and I followed. We all walked in and I changed back into some regular clothes. “How long has he been gone?” He asked me as I walked down the hallway to them.
“Not to long, an hour or so…” I sat down on the couch and Vegas jumped up into my lap and sat down.
“Oh, well I’m sure he’ll… There he is.” He stood up and looked out the window and so did I. We saw him get out and look at Brian’s car kind of confused, but then he continued to walk to the front door, and walked in.
“Mary! Who’s car is…!” He stopped asking when he saw Brian and Leighanne. “Nevermind.” He walked over to Brian and gave him a solid handshake, that’s how he has always greeted the boys. And he leaned over and gave Leighanne a hug. He was carrying a small bag, but it had no label on it.

“What is that Alex?” I asked about the bag.
“Something for you…but I’ll give it to you later…” He gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked back to his room.

“At least he didn’t drink…” I nodded and sighed in relief.
“I’m so happy…I think he really wants to change!” I smiled at Brian and Leighanne and they returned one. Brian and Leighanne hardly ever fought and it seemed like Alex and I got into it every other day. One day would be horrible and the next he would shower me with gifts, and it’d start all over again.
“Let’s hope, huh?” Leighanne said patting my back, and AJ walked back out with a smile on his face and sat down next to me and fixed my hair so it was off my neck. I loved it when he would play with my hair. It was sincere to me.

“What are you guys doing here?” He asked.
“I wanted to show off my new car…” Leighanne laughed and rolled her eyes.

“He won’t stop talking about how gorgeous it is, I’m beginning to wonder if he loves that car more than me!” We all laughed.
“I could never love a car more than…Well.” He laughed. “Just kidding baby, you’re my only.” He took her hand and kissed it.
“Good, that’s how I like it.” She tapped his hand gently as he held hers. I envied their kind of love, it was sincere and general, nothing more. They loved each other dearly and it always read over their faces when they would just stand next to each other. I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life. They were truly perfect. I looked at Alex, but I smiled. I was sad inside. Things weren’t the same anymore…Not after what happened with the whole Howie thing at the hotel. I loved Howie, but just not like AJ thought I did. He was to stubborn to tell that to though. Nothing gets through to him.
“How about we leave these two alone now huh Leigh? Let’s go rub this nice car in Nick’s face.” Brian said standing up, Leigh followed. I walked them to the door and waved them goodbye. I shut the door and turned and looked at AJ still sitting on the couch, facing the TV, not looking at me. I walked to the bathroom and locked the door. I leaned over the sink and stared into the drain… Then it fell. That single tear I had never felt coming. I was sad, my life was sad. My heart sank and so did I along with it. I had to tell Alex what was going on. I opened the door and he stood waiting for me. His arms folded, legs crossed, leaned against the opposite wall. He looked up at me and opened his arms and walked towards me. He gave me a big hug.

“I know you’re sad. I want to change, for you.” He whispered in my ear. The tears just poured out of my eyes and it was uncontrollable. We walked into his bedroom and he sat down on the bed and myself next to him and he still held me as I cried. “Ssh. It’s ok…” He kissed the side of my head and held me closer. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” He choked up a bit. “I didn’t want to ever hurt you, you know that.” I felt his tear hit the tip of my ear. I looked at him. I wiped the tears he had away and kissed his cheek.
“I love you so much and I can’t watch you kill yourself anymore, you need help Alex.” He nodded and pulled me into another hug.
“I know…but not right now. Not while the band is so big, I can’t do that to them yet.” I was reluctant to agree, but did anyway. I felt that he wanted to change, but he’s said change before…