- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AJ Promises a lot more...
A COUPLE HOURS LATER

Alex and I are finally going to spend some time together, shopping and lunch.

“I want to go in here.” I said tugging on Alex’s sleeve and pointing to Forever 21. He smiled and caved in. He’s not prone to these kinds of stores. We walked in and the girls all smiled and greeted us, go figure. I wonder why, so one walks up.
“I’m sorry, aren’t you AJ McLean, from the Backstreet Boys?” She asks with a huge grin, I let go of his arm so he can chat with her and I look at the jewelry stand. And the other girl comes up to me.

“Sorry about my friend, she’s obsessed with them.” She said laughing.
“Oh, it’s ok. I’m used to it, I’ve been with him or 3 years now.” She looked shocked.
“Wow, I don’t know how you do it, I mean there’s a lot of girls after his ass, mind my language…” I chuckled at how she was actually interested in what I had to say about my life right now.
“It’s really hard, a lot of girls well…grab him where they shouldn’t and they clobber him whenever they see his arm.” She fixed the rack of earrings and put everything back where it should be, and looked at me and leaned against the rack.
“Wow, that would be hard for me, so I admire your whole attitude about it. Is he a good guy though?” I felt my eyes roll around in my head, and out popped those lies.
“He’s fabulous, we hardly ever fight.” It’s necessary to lie to people about these sorts of things. They have no right to know everything about me.
“Awe, that is so good! I’m happy for you then, well if you guys need any help you can ask me of Janice over there…” She said laughing a little and pointing to Janice with AJ, who looked over her shoulder and winked at me. He finally was doing being asked a million questions and walked over to me and put his arm around me.

“Found anything, baby?” I pointed to a necklace, it was a bright red rose on a long silver chain. The chain looked worn out and old, it was neat looking. He picked it up and looked at it more and nodded at it. “I like this…” He handed it to me and I smiled at him. “Let’s hurry up, I want to give you that gift I brought home earlier…remember?” I looked at him and smiled.
“Ok. Well just let me buy this and we can head back.” I put the necklace on the counter and reached in my purse to get my wallet, and Alex stopped me and pulled his out of his back pocket and grabbed a ten dollar bill, and paid for it. The girl who was in love with him gave him the change back and smiled wide at him. We left and got in his car and headed back to his place. We opened the door and I set my bags on the floor and he jogged a little to his room and brought the little baggy back out. I sat on the bar stool in the kitchen and he was on the other side of the counter. He took out a little box and I was afraid for a second. He opened it and inside was a ring.
“Don’t worry…” He said putting his hand on mine. “I’m not proposing…” We both laughed and I sighed in relief, I don’t think we’re ready for that. Not with all of our problems now. “This is a promise ring. I promise to always be your man, and I promise to forever treat you right, and I promise to not cause you anymore pain than you have already suffered with me.” He looked me in the eyes and took the ring out of the box, took my left hand and put the ring on my ring finger.