- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They spend some well needed time together...
LATER THAT NIGHT

It’s been good for me to see the person I’ve missed most in my life. It’s been like old times, when we were friends at least, before we dated. We took wild and crazy pictures together. Since we last spoke, a lot has changed in the World. Including…the web. I had myspace and so did he.

“You never thought that you should ADD ME?” I asked kicking him as we sat on the couch, him on one side and me on the other. We were just talking.
“Not really, did you add me?” He kicked me back.
“Touché…” We smiled at each other. “Let’s get on there then.” He agreed and we both stood up and we went to my study. Technically, I don’t study in there, that’s just the proper name I guess. He sat down in front of the computer and looked around.
“Nice webcam.” He said looking at it.
“Thank you.”
“Do you use it?” I shook my head.
“No, not really.” He poked it. “You’re an idiot, I said hugging him from behind and kissing his neck.
“I try.” He logged onto his myspace and he had new everything. Mr. Popular boyband member.
“You should write back to someone, they take their time to write you things.” He looked at me.
“Do you write anyone back?” I nodded.
“I really do try to, I write about 20 comments, 10 messages and sometimes I throw in a picture comment.” He raised his eyebrows.
“I’ll do it to someone later I guess.” I grabbed a chair and sat down next to him. He gave me a kiss. I plugged in my digital camera and the computer downloaded them. AJ messed around with them in my photoshop program. Then he uploaded them to a whole new album he titled: “She’s Back.” This made me smile so wide, I thought my jaw would stay that way. I’ve smiled so much with him today, it’s nearly unbelievable. My cellphone rang and I answered it because it was Lisa.

“Hello?” I said standing up.
“Mary, tomorrow you have a concert.”
“What? No, Lisa, I’m going to spend some time to myself.”
“You mean with AJ? Look, you have a different life. Just because he walks back into doesn’t mean everything needs to get thrown away too. If I had done this a couple days ago, you would take it.” I put my hand on my hip, which is something I do when I’m mad.
“Shut-up Lisa! Look, I am happy with the time I am spending with AJ! I would have taken it because I had no other fucking life! My life has been consumed by some fake persona all of you are laying on me.”
“I don’t care, you show up, or I quit.” I gasped.
“You can’t quit, because you’re fired Lisa. I’ve decided I want Johnny to be my manager; he seems to know me better than someone who is supposed to be my friend! But to piss you off, I’m going to do the show anyway!” I hung up my phone and dialed Johnny’s number. I gave him the info that I just got shoved in my face and he agreed to be my manager and before the show tomorrow everything would be fine and finalized. I’m sure my label, Interscope, won’t be too happy with me firing Lisa. They loved her and she did do a lot for me. I turned and looked at AJ and he was sitting as content as could be in the chair I was once in. I laughed and sat in the study chair. I got on my myspace and I had new everything too, including a friend request from AJ. I giggled and stared at him. “Thanks for the add.” He laughed and pat me on the back. I added everyone and uploaded the pictures with a new album pretty much the same as his, only instead of she’s back, I put he’s back. He really was back in my life and I was really happy.

“I am freaking tired.” AJ said standing up and stretching. I turned the computer off and yawned.
“I wasn’t until you said something…” He put his arm around me and we walked to the bedroom. Since AJ clearly wouldn’t fit my stuff he slept shirtless and in his boxers, which was…you know, fine with me. I changed into a tank top and some pajama bottoms, which were spongebob. (You always have to throw in some spongebob every now and again.) When I turned the lights off he was already drifting off to sleep and I crawled into bed next to him.

His side was always on the right, and mine was always on the left. It amazed me that by instinct he did it again. He turned and faced me. I smiled and gave him a little kiss on his nose, which in turn, he smiled back. His eyes closed and he was asleep. I seemed to stare at the ceiling for the longest time. My hands behind my head and just clearing my mind of all the bad things that I have happened in my life without him by my side. I wondered how I would tell my mom that AJ and I were back together, but most of all I looked forward to telling her how much more handsome he has gotten. Even more than that, I wanted to tell her how much more in love with him I am, she’d never believe that, but it’s the truth. In this one day my feelings for him have grown into something that seems uncontrollable. How could I have dated Nameless Man for two years and feel love for him, but I see AJ for one day and I’m even more in love than that. It just didn’t seem right. I knew it was though, I knew in my mind and in my heart that I loved him more than anyone else in the World and no one could take his place. I looked over at him and he was still asleep, soundly, peacefully. I curled up on my side and fell asleep…