- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AJ discovers an article the next day that hurts him more than he really wanted it too. A look into his past kills him and he wants people to know that he has changed...For Mary.
THE NEXT MORNING

It’s always been nice to wake up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning, but I never thought AJ of all people would make it. Back then I was usually the first one up unless he was up to something, I guess more has changed than I thought. AJ was now and early bird. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom and threw my hair up in a messy bun and just smirked at myself in the mirror. I rolled my pants up a bit and left the bathroom and entered the hallway and went to the kitchen to find AJ reading a magazine and drinking coffee. He was dressed in yesterdays outfit already and seemed to know his way around the house pretty well…go figure.

“Morning.” I said kind of raspy as I reached for a coffee cup in my cupboard. I poured myself some coffee, straight black, the way I have always had it. I heard him put the magazine down. He was quiet. “Did you hear me?” I said turning to him with my coffee in hand. He looked at me.
“I did, come look at this though. It’s amazing what people can throw together in less than a day.” I walked over to the counter and he showed me a magazine with an article inside about us. I wanted to smile, but AJ’s face read a different story. I sat down and read it.

--------------------------------------------------

SOMETHING BORROWED, SOMETHING BLUE, BUT NOT SO NEW.
by: Jason Theodore Medley

On August 19th, 2005 The Backstreet Boys and Simple Plan battled it out on the baseball field for a fun and athletic attempt of a game. It seems they hired the POPSTAR we all love, Mary Restifo to sing the National Anthem. If you don’t know, a few years ago Mary and AJ, from the old boyband, The Backstreet Boys, dated for three years. It seems an old spark lit up when Mary and AJ made contact again after fighting for 3 straight years after the horribly quiet breakup. No one has ever heard of this fight probably until now. No one ever knew why the two love birds ceased to exist one day before AJ entered rehab. We got an insider to tell us the story in a series of question and answers provided today.

Question: How do you know Mary and AJ?
Answer: I don’t know AJ, but I have known Mary since the start of her career.

Question: Why are you coming out with all of this information now?
Answer: I think it’s time people understand the whole situation better.

Question: Well, why did Mary and AJ break up?
Answer: Mary and AJ has supposedly been having problems with each other, between his drinking and partying life, Mary just wanted simplicity. She wasn’t getting that with AJ, he was too much of a rebel who was far too out there for her to control.

Question: What sort of problems?
Answer: They always fought, is what she told me. And when I say always, I mean always. She told me he would pick a fight at anything she would do or say. He was never just happy having her around, from a forced upon ENGAGMENT to a forced up choice of him or nothing.

It seems to us that AJ had more issues than just drinking and partying it up. He always had problems with his band mate, Howie Dorough.

Question: What went down with Howie and AJ?
Answer: Mary and Howie have always been close. Even when Mary and him weren’t together Howie would call her on her tour to just talk. They’ve been best friends for a long time, but AJ never saw it that way. He accused Mary of not honoring him when she would even give him a simple hug. It was hard for Mary to face that AJ was really jealous of his own band members. It ran her into the ground. AJ even broke up with her one day over it, it wasn’t a long break up but he did it just out of spite and not even thinking about it…

Will AJ and Mary really make it this time? We know fans of hers will have a problem about this, but what about those oh so loyal BSB fans? There’s a girl scooping a man of their dreams, they won’t be happy, but…hopefully these two will be happy for awhile before the drama kicks in.

--------------------------------------------------

I threw the magazine down on the counter and pushed it into the garbage can.

“Why do you read that crap? You know it’s all a bunch of made up stuff, and I know Lisa is the little insider. I hardly told her anything about us. AJ stood up.
“Then why does everything that was said there seem very true?”
“It is, everyone knows about that argument we had in the hotel.” He leaned on the counter with his head down and his arms against it.
“God, why can’t I just be with you without all of this shit happening?” He looked at me, and he was sad. I hadn’t seen a sad, beautiful, face like his in awhile. It hurt my heart.
“It’s going to be tough, we have a lot of obstacles to climb over before people believe our relationship has changed, but we can do it. We’re two totally different people now and everything will be fine. We just need to ignore ignorant people like magazine, gay editors.” He smiled and pulled me into a hug.