- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's short, just to tide you all over so I can have more time!
I threw the magazine down on the counter and pushed it into the garbage can.

“Why do you read that crap? You know it’s all a bunch of made up stuff, and I know Lisa is the little insider. I hardly told her anything about us. AJ stood up.
“Then why does everything that was said there seem very true?”
“It is, everyone knows about that argument we had in the hotel.” He leaned on the counter with his head down and his arms against it.
“God, why can’t I just be with you without all of this shit happening?” He looked at me, and he was sad. I hadn’t seen a sad, beautiful, face like his in awhile. It hurt my heart.
“It’s going to be tough, we have a lot of obstacles to climb over before people believe our relationship has changed, but we can do it. We’re two totally different people now and everything will be fine. We just need to ignore ignorant people like magazine, gay editors.” He smiled and pulled me into a hug. “Really, stop worrying so much. It’s going to be fine.”
“Alright, but I have more news to tell you.” I sat down at a stool.
“What?” I took a sip of my coffee.
“MTV’s casting called this morning, they want to bring cameras into our relationship for 6 months, they’re coming over later with papers for us to sign.” I put my cup down.
“Oh. You said yes?” He nodded. “Well that’s cool I guess, but you’re on tour for like 3 months of that, how will that work out, it would be more like…you.” He shook his head. “What?”
“You’re coming with me.” I put my head down on the table. “You know I have other things to do here with my own music Alex.”
“I know, at least the next three months is here in the US, so no airplanes!”

I hate having to be in airplanes more than I had to. They scare me a lot.

He put his hand on my arm and I lifted my head and agreed to the little taping of our lives together.

FEW HOURS LATER

There was a knock on the door and AJ answered it, it was the MTV people. There were about five men and 2 girls. Why did there need to be so many people? I graciously offered everyone something to drink and they all just took a few cokes to have.

“So you two, once these are signed, there’s no turning back. And we’ll have the crew here early tomorrow to just start filming…” AJ and I smiled at each other. I guess in a way it would be good for people to see how we really lived together and how we got along. We’d be on the road for most of it, but it’s still fun. AJ heads back on tour tomorrow.

THE NEXT MORNING

“Alright, Mary, let’s go!” AJ yelled from the front door. I left the bathroom and smiled at the camera that was weirdly waiting for me to leave the bathroom. It was weird having some camera trail my ass all the time. I mean, photographers is different, they go away sometimes. These won’t for the next 6 months of my life. They followed us right out to the car. We had to have a camera with us of course, so there was no such thing as alone time anymore for us, which bothered me.