- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
**Language warning**
When Aaron caught his breath, he got up, brushed himself off and slowly limped back to the house. Once inside, he laid down on the couch and fell asleep. Nick pulled into the driveway, over come with worry. He should never have let his brother go on his own. It was a stupid mistake. What was he thinking? He walked into the house only to find the boy on the couch.

“Where the fuck have you been?” The man yelled. His brother’s eyes shot open. Nick stood over him, completely enraged. “Do have any idea how scared I was? I thought some fucking perv had got you!”

“Nick I- “

“No! I don’t want to hear it! Get the hell out of my sight.” He hissed.

On the verge of tears Aaron ran upstairs, locking himself in the bathroom. Nick hadn’t intended to yell, he certainly hadn’t meant to be so cold. He had just been so damn worried. The boy ripped a piece of duct tape from the back of the toilet. Stuck to the tape was a small razor. With trembling fingers he gripped the metal. Hot tears streamed his cheeks. Nick knocked on the door, the knob shook.

“Aaron, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. Let me in.”

“No.” His voice quivered.

“I’ve always been honest with you… so I’m going to be now. I’m scared. You know that you can come to me with anything but you’re hiding something big. That hurts. Please Aaron, open the door?”

“Go away!” He shouted. Nick stayed calm.
He spoke through the door again, “I saw the bruises. Who hit you?”

“No one.”

“You were never a good liar. Who hit you?”

The boy let out a screech of frustration, breaking in to an overwhelming fit of sobs. Nick went to get a screwdriver then returned to his spot outside of the bathroom. “I’m coming in.”

Aaron watched as the knob begun to shake. Nick quickly undid each screw and pulled out the knob. The boy held the blade tightly in his fist. He cringed as it cut in to his palm. Warm liquid seeped through his fingers.