- Text Size +

The Round Robin

For this month i'd like us to create a story using the round robin format. Instead of everyone writing a short story, everyone will add a chapter to a new story.

It doesn't matter who starts but this time around if you commit you have to do it. For instance the first person interested needs to jump on and say they will start things off and then proceed to write chapter one. Once that chapter is posted, the next person can decide to come on and say I will write chapter two! No one should say that until the first chapter is written. Meaning you can't call chapter three if chapter two isn't done yet.

This should be fun. It's kind of like The Rest is Still Unwritten in the Alias section but taken to another level.

There are rules however.

1. You have to follow the generic summary I have created. I'm making it very generic so this way you are free to write about whatever while still maintaining the theme of the story.

2. Your chapter cannot exceed 2,500 words. If you are over I will delete your chapter. Even if it's by 5 words. I'm serious about this. For people who are really serious about writing, most places give you a word count. If you go over that word count they don't accept your story. It's as simple as that. So please follow this rule and if you can't be less wordy don't participate.

3. You are free to change the direction of the story if you are unhappy with the way it's going but it HAS to make sense. Don't turn it into something stupid. If you can figure out how to change the direction in a creative and dramatic way, feel free to do so. Once again if it's nonsensical i'll delete. (I'm cracking down on my rule breakers)

4. You can write more than one chapter but they cannot be in a row. And no one can write more than three chapters. Otherwise it turns into your story and not a Round Robin.

5. ABSOLUTELY NO BANNERS for this story!



I hope at least five people will take part in this. I'm going to try to do it myself but I don't want to write the first chapter.


Here is your summary:

Everything seemed to be fine in Backstreetland
. The boys were at the top of their game, most happily married, some thinking about children and some very content for the first time in their lives. But it only took one night and one horrible incident during a concert for everything to be turned upside down.

Have fun and happy writing! Smiley

Once someone commits to the first chapter i'll go ahead and post the summary on the AC site and write an intor with the rules so everyone knows why there isn't a chapter up yet.

We can always come up with a title as it goes along but for now i'm just calling it the November challenge round robin.

*For people on the site who are interested, you have to join the forum and go into that thread where you see November challenge to tell us you plan on adding on to the story. If you just add on without notice, i'll delete your chapter.