- Text Size +
“So, what's he like, Marie? Tell me...” Marie's best friends Diahanne and Catherine came over to her abode in search of the latest gossip. It had been three weeks since her encounter with Nick, and they finally started dating . . .

“Hello?”
“Is this Nick?”
“Yes, this is he. Hello, Marie.”
“Hi.”
“What's up?”
“Well, I just wanted to call and see how you were doing, that's all.”
“I'm doing fine, Marie. How are you doing?”
“Great. Listen, Nick, I've decided to take up your previous offer.”
“You don't say...?”
“Yes, I do. The only thing I've been doing for the past two weeks was babysit, watch 'Sex and the City', and eat ice cream.”
“Hmm...sounds like fun.”
“Ha ha, very funny. So, does the offer still stand or what?”
“Oh, it still stands, Mar. Can I call you Mar?”
“Do I look like an M&M? Marie.”
“Fiery....I like that,” he thought.
“I'm sorry...MARIE. The offer still stands.”
“That's good.”
“Yes, indeed it is. How about I pick you up tonight at 7:00?”
“It's a date.”
“And it's my destiny,” he thought once more.
“Then, it's set. See you later.”


“So, he's on his way here? Tonight?” “Yes, Diahanne, and to tell you the truth, I didn't expect you guys to be here.” “You invited us,” stated Catherine. “I did? Oh, boy I'm losing it...” “No, you're not,” began Diahanne. “You can't wait to meet this guy again. Tell me, when you saw him, did you want to commit desperate passior13;” “Screw that! Did you wanna fuck him the moment you saw him?” “Jesus, no! He was a sweet and kind guy that just happened to take me home. Sex is not my only proriety like it is for you, Kitty.” “No, it isn't,” she said. “It's just that I'm looking for the right guy . . . that's good in bed.”

Diahanne and Marie laugh to near hysterics at her statement. As they came down from their laughing high, Diahanne asked her, “What about that guy that runs the local club?” “The Dorough guy? Ha! He won't even look at me, let alone screw me. I could care less about him.” “Riiiight...”

Marie said while rolling her eyes. “I'm serious! He won't even look at me. I think he has the hots for you, Marie.” “Me? No way...I don't attract money.” “Think about it, M, he's ALWAYS nice to you, he ALWAYS give you free drinks. Can't you take a hint?” “He's a gentleman; they're always nice and generous.” “Until they snap back your thong panties, get you all drenched, and BAM! Dumped Chick City.”

Diahanne was always the well thought out one in the group. Any little experience she went through, good or bad, she would use as a moral to her girlfriends. From getting stood up, to getting date raped, she was always the Priestess of Morality. I still love her like a sister, though. She's always there for me, as well as Catherine. She tries to keep that girl in the straight and arrow, for she has a sex drive like you won't believe.

But because of that, none of her relationships lasted. She's always known as a 'whore' or a 'slut' in the outside world, but to me, I deem her a 'confidant'. I look over at the clock and see that it's almost 7; I look over at my friends and smile.

“Well, I guess we'll be heading out,” said Catherine, getting up. “No no, I want you two to meet him. Stay a little longer?” They both sat down, and played the waiting game. The doorbell rings, and all three of them looked over at the door. “Well, there he is...” Marie said while walking towards the door, and to her prediction, there he was, standing in front of her. “Why, hello there, Marie...” Nick said with his infamous grin.

Diahanne and Catherine look at one another, and giggle like schoolchildren. Nick looked up at them and said, “And who might you two be?” “These are my girlfriends, Diahanne Harding and Catherine Alvarez. They've been waiting to meet you. Plus, I told him everything I know about you.” “Good things, I hope...?” he asked with a cocked eyebrow. She nodded, and walked over to him. “It's nice to meet you all, but we really must be going; it was nice meeting you.” As they said their farewells, Nick led Marie to the front door, and walked out to his Navigator.

“A Navigator? Are you a thief?” “Can't a man succumb to great taste?” She held up her hands in surrender. “Of course he can. I'm just saying it's a little much. How could you afford it?” “Let's just say, I have a great paying job.” She smiled warmly at him, and got in the front seat with Nick entering after her. As she sat back he started up the car, and drove off down the moonlit road.

“What's your favorite genre of music?” he asked me. “Adult contemporary...but anything by Sting.” I see him go into the glove compartment and take out a blank disc, pop it in, and turned it on. I hear the first verse of “Desert Rose”, my alltime favorite song. “This is my--” “Favorite song? It's one of my personal favorites as well.” I look him over in shock as well as wonder.
How did he know that it was my favorite song? I never even mentioned it to him.

Oh, well, lucky guess, I assume.

As we cruised down a carless road, he turned the volume up and looked over at me. I felt his eyes on me, so I look at him as acknowledgement. The features of his face were dynamic: heart shaped lips, decadent blue green eyes, and a soft spoken smile which made his beauty complete. It looked even more radiant in the moonlight as it did in normal light; I could stare at him forever if I could.

What the hell just happened? Am I falling for him? No way. I told myself that I'm done with relationships. A pretty face is not going to change my mind...

In the moment of me thinking, he reaches over and touches my hand. He smoothed the back of it with his extended thumb. “What are you thinking about, Marie?” I look into his eyes (though I don't know WHAT made me do so) and smile feignly. “Oh, nothing in particular, Nick.” He lightly nodded, and turned his attention back to the road. “It's beautiful out here at night, wouldn't you agree?” “yeah...” I say absentmindedly while looking at him again.

Even though I've only known him for such a short time, I feel as though I knew him before. He's calm, caring, funny and smart; and above all else, intuitive. If I do say so myself, I think he's a keeper.