- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you guys, for all the reviews. I love them like always...woot!
I wake up the next morning with a kink in my neck, I hadn’t even realize how small this bed is. Hell, there are a lot of things I didn’t realize last night, like the fact that I wasn’t looking after the house, that there are fucking farm animals in the same room as me. The most shocking one, is that I let her snuggle up against me, I have never in all the time, that I’ve been screwing woman, have ever let one snuggle up on me.

I feel her shift against my body, and I realize that last night, was nothing like all the other times. There was something different about it, not just physically, but something deep inside of me. I know, that sounds fucking gay, but it’s only the truth. Just being next to her right now, has my heart racing.

This shit is kinda sickening if you ask me, she better not think I’m going to get all lovey dovey with her, cause she’s in for some bad news. So, right now I should get my ass up and right the hell, outta here. Like I said, that’s what I should do. Instead, I’m laying here, butt ass naked, with my arms tightly wrapped around her and I can’t seem to make myself move.

She moves once again, her face, peaks through her jumble of blonde hair. Tracing my fingers over her eyebrow and down her cheek, I briefly close my eyes, and take in her warmth and the scent of her body. Damn it, everything about this girl, just…drives me crazy. What the fuck is happening to me?

"Jack?" her voice interrupts my thoughts, and I open my eyes, to meet hers. Have I mentioned how fucking amazing those blue eyes are? Just another thing, that’s etched into my mind, so when I leave, I will never forget that smile of hers and those Crystal blue eyes.

My grip loosens around her, I‘m not sure what I‘m supposed to do. I can‘t exactly act like a dickhead and I don‘t want to get all soft on her either. I‘ll just be chill "Morning." I give her a weak, half smile. I am not going to get all soft, and emotional. It's just not going to fucking happen!

She leans up and softly kisses my lips, before getting up. "We better get up, Jack. It's almost 9 already, and who knows who is lurking around." Damn...I didn’t expect her to, just get right up. It's kind of a disappointment, that she's putting her clothes back on. "Well...are you just going to lay there, or what, Jack?"

Fuck, where is my damn brain? Get up Jack, "I...uh...I better check things out...before you go anywhere." I get up and throw on my jeans, grab my gun, and head to the door. I can feel her, right behind me, but she's not clinging onto me, like usual. Why isn't she clinging?

Once again the damn weather is fucked up. Does the sun not shine on this side of the fucking world? I look around, before exiting the stables. I make my way across the yard, to the house. I feel the urge to reach out and make sure she‘s right behind me, but there has to be a reason, she‘s keeping a distance from me. We reach the house, hearing and seeing nothing. I carefully kick open the door, and hold my gun out, listening for any signs of movement. "Stay here." I whisper, as our eyes lock, she just nods, before I make my way further into the house.

After checking every room. I let out a disappointed sigh, there ARE times, that I wish someone would pop out of nowhere, so I can have something to do. I think it‘s this whole week, full of running, hiding, shooting and being shot at. I reach her room, and notice Nick still passed out, from the damn meds. I kneel next to him, making sure the fuck is still alive...damn it...of course he is!

"Well?" She questions, as I re-appear, in the entryway.

"Coast is clear and blondie is still sleeping." I report, standing right in front of her, as I tuck my gun away. Our noses are almost touching, and our eyes are locked, but she’s not, saying anything or even making an attempt to touch me. Why isn't she responding to me? Any other girl, would be all over me, the next day...well...the next time I saw them, if put in that position. I don't usually see a woman the next day. Shit, I try not to see her ever again, if possible.

My eyes stay on her, as she moves around me and heads into the kitchen. "Care for something, to eat, Jack? I'll make breakfast." I watch her open the fridge and rummage around, pulling out eggs and butter. I take a seat on the stool, at the breakfast bar, and continue to watch her move around in the kitchen. So here's the thing...I said that she was in for some bad news, if she thought I was going to get all lovey dovey on her...so why the fuck am I sitting here, wishing for a sign, that she wants me to be all lovey dovey? Fuck...she's acting as if nothing even happened. Why in the hell, is this even bugging me? I don't want her to be lovey dovey...and I sure as hell, don't want to be lovey fucking dovey. Jack does not do lovey dovey!

I’m not sure, what the fuck is going on with me right now, but it’s really irritating. I mean, I’ve come to the point, that I irritate myself. Is that even possible? There has got to be some kind of misunderstanding, because there is no way...shit…ok, fine I have to admit it to myself. I want her, to want it, the lovey dovey-ness. She doesn't even seem captivated by what happened last night.

"Morning." Nick's voice snaps me, back, to reality, I don‘t speak, just give him a nod.

On the other hand, she smiles, like she‘s seen God or something. "Hi Nick, breakfast is ready." She walks up, to him, hands him a plate and kisses his cheek. Fucking nice! What the fuck is that?

"Hey, thanks beautiful!" Nick grins, sitting to my left. I can swear he, likes to push my buttons. Little does he know, that I might end up, putting another bullet in his ass...maybe two.

Crystal walks up, on my right, and sets down a plate. "Here you go, Jack." I prepare, for my kiss on the cheek, but it doesn't come. Figures...I'm the one that makes...has se...is her first, and I'm the one that doesn't get a damn kiss. Oh fucking well, I really wasn‘t expecting it. The three, of us eat our breakfast, in almost a dead silence. I eat with one hand, my other resting on my gun that’s laying on the counter. I've got a gut wrenching feeling that someone is lurking around here, somewhere, and I gotta to be prepared, for them!

With all this running around and shit, I forget, how good the spew of warm water, feels against the body. I’m taking my time, in the shower today, it could be that I’ve been in a daze, ever since last night. I run my soapy hands over my chest, up my shoulders and other areas, that I wont mention. Damn my body aches, and I‘ve got cuts and fucking bruises everywhere. I let out a sigh, as I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist.

I can’t believe how much, last night keeps running through my mind. Usually, I’ve got a ‘I got laid’ smile on my face, and of course that burst of energy. But today, I feel like sitting on this bathroom floor and hiding out, till Richardson gets here. Every time I look at her, I feel a flutter in my stomach and my heart beats at rapid fucking speed. I can’t stop thinking of the warmth of her body against mine, the smell of her skin or the way she had called out my name. It was almost like a whisper, but I heard it clearly. She called me ‘Alex’ I know, I said that there is no way of getting used to that name, but after hearing it out of her mouth, I think I can learn to like it.

When I come out of the bathroom, half dressed, I find the best friends in the living room, in a tickle fight. She showered and changed into a clean pair of jeans, and a white tank top, that shows off her stomach. The stomach, that Nick is having a fucking great time, poking with his fingers. I feel a rush of annoyance, run up and down my body. The kid doesn’t seem, bothered at all, with his hands all over her. I ignore it, and lean up against the kitchen counter. I forget about the twosome, as my eyes dart from the front window, to the kitchen window and to the back door. Someone pulled up and these two moron’s didn’t even notice, all because they were so fucking busy, feeling on each other. I take my gun in my hand and stuff my black wife beater, in my back pocket.

“Is everything alright?” Nick’s stupid voice, rings in my ear. It will be, if you keep your damn hands to yourself. I can’t help, but smirk, it would be so nice, if I could just turn around and pop him one, no one would miss his stupid, holey ass, anyways. I bite my tongue, to keep from making a smart ass comment, that might sound like jealousy. Slowly I creep through the kitchen and look out the backdoor window, there is a nice red Audi parked in the back and no one is in it. Did it take me that long to get here? Just as I place my hand on the knob, the door flies open and I aim, then hear a ear splitting scream.

“You stupid asshole!! Why would you point a gun at me? Put it away…” Holly steps into the house, like she owns the fucking place. I try not to roll, my eyes, but they seem to have a mind of their own. I carefully, put the gun away and look up at, the startled woman.

“You shouldn’t sneak up on people like that, if you don’t want a gun in your face. What the fuck are you doing here?” I can’t help, but be the nasty asshole, that I usually am. She’s not the kid, I don’t feel the urge to be nice, to her.

She lets out a sigh, and rolls her eyes at me “I wasn’t sneaking up, I had to park my new car back here, for a reason. Do you always have to be such a jerk?” we are both standing in the doorway, face to face, glaring at each other. I know the woman, still wants me, her eyes keep trailing down my chest. Ha…it’s not gonna happen, again baby.

Crystal and Nick meet up with us in the kitchen, and they both greet her politely, although I can tell, that the kid, doesn’t like her presence one bit. “Is everything alright Holly?” Crystal asks, stuffing her hands in her pockets and leaning against the wall, next to me.

“Actually, I just came to let you know that my dad is on his way. He heard about the shooting at the hospital…and well, people identified you pretty accurately. I thought I would warn you.” she shrugs, and looks up at me, with her big puppy eyes. I’m still not falling for it. Tempted, but…no.

I’m about to respond to her, when I hear tires, making contact with the gravel outside, “Damn it!” I mumble, knowing that if this sheriff, checks me out…I’m fucked. I could just kill him, but then again, he’s Holly’s dad and he’s only doing his job. I have to stop killing people, I don’t get paid to kill.

There is a sturdy knock on the door and we all exchange looks “Ok, you two hide in the pantry, while Crys and I stall him.” he grins, at the surprised look on my face. I AM taken, by surprise for the following reasons. One, he’s actually going to cover for me, I would think he wants to kill me, just as much as I want to kill him. Second, Me and horny Holly in the pantry, could mean danger, but I rather that, than a small cell, with a big overgrown fuck, that will want to make me his bitch. “Well…go”

My eyes meet with the kids, but she doesn’t smile or anything, she just looks away and walks behind Nick. I grab Holly by the arm, and push her into the small, dark room. Once again, we are face to face and I can feel her leg against mine, I’m just hoping she keeps her damn hands to herself and that her father, leaves quickly. It’s fucking stuffy in here, I’m not cluster phobic or anything, but the lack of clean air in this dark and tight place is making me antsy.

“You fucked her didn’t you…you have that look on your face.” Holly whispers, but I can feel the force in her voice. “What does she have that I don’t Jack?”

I try to ignore her, but she keeps pressing on the same two questions. This is why, I hope I never see girls that I screw around with…ever. They are fucking clingy, they think they have all the rights over you and they act, fucking desperate. “No, I haven’t fucked her…she’s a good kid. And she’s got a lot more self respect, than you do.”

She huffs, “That’s bullshit, the way you both look at each other, gives it all away. You’re in love with her and you don’t even know it, or you do know it, but your trying to ignore the fact. You’re a fucking coward…”

This woman, can really push someone’s buttons. Can this guy, please leave so I can run the fuck out of here and away from crazy. “How about you do something for me?”

“What?” her voice, shifts into a seductive tone, and I feel her hand run across my bare chest.

“Shut the fuck up!” I snap at her, taking her wrist in my hand, but I have to admit that this woman is stubborn. Suddenly, the door flies open and I find myself, staring at Nick and Crystal. Nick has a smirk on his face, too bad, I can’t say the same about Crystal. “Is he gone?” I break the silence. Without a word, the kid nods and crosses her arms, as I realize I'm still holding onto Holly's writs, quickly I let it go.

Crazy and I step out of the pantry and she smacks me in the chest “That’s for being an asshole.” she smacks me again. “I’m out of here, I don’t even know, why I bothered coming to save your ass.” she snatches her keys from the counter and walks out the backdoor.

I stand in the doorway “I never said, I didn’t appreciate it.” I yell at her, with a wide grin on my face. I’m amused at how pissed she is. “Thank you!” I shout, with a small laugh, that I can’t help.

“Fuck you Jack! I hope you…” she looks up at me and gives me a glare. “I hope you DIE!” Just as the last word escapes her mouth, the unexpected happens.

In a split second. Her words are followed by a really loud explosion, followed by an eruption of orange and red flames, that swallow the Audi, along with Holly and sends all three of us in the house flying across the kitchen. Glass shatters around us and I even feel the house shake. Quickly I look around “Crystal!” I shout, then notice she’s hiding under the stares, mumbling to herself.

I can hear crackling, and the thumping of debris still hitting the ground. I get up and look outside, there is nothing, but a cloud of dark smoke and flames, devouring whatever is in it’s path. I can’t help to focus on the small car, another fucking innocent person. Right about now, I’m wondering if their missing on purpose, to fuck with our heads, my head to be specific. Their anticipating, that I’m going to let my guard down and they might be onto something, because lately, my senses are failing me.

These bastards, are getting so close, I can almost feel my fate, tapping me on my shoulder.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you Kristal, I actually used a lot of what you wrote this time...yay!!