- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you guys for taking the tme and interst to read my new project. Also thank you for the reviews. Very appreciated!

Later that evening I wake up to blood caked onto my face and on my bed. Outside I can hear it pouring, with thunder drumming along and flashes of lighting fill my dark room. I get up slowly, feeling like a got smashed in the face by a bat. That bastard can really hit. I think twice about opening the door, but I have to wash this mess off my face.

I put my hand on the doorknob and a roll of thunder booms throughout the house. As I swing the door open, guess who comes crashing into me with a terror stricken look on her face. Now what? I feel a headache radiate from my eyes, up to my temples.

“Look at your face…come on let’s clean you up” she takes my hand and drags me to the bathroom. I lean against the counter and cross my arms over my chest, just watching her looking for gauze and all her other nursing equipment. “I can’t believe Nick did that. He’s usually very goofy and sweet.”

I roll my eyes “Hmmm…I guess I bring out the nasty in everyone.” I mumble, my eyes stare at the shower curtain as she stands up close to me and she runs the rag over my face. I can feel her body pressing against me, I want to move away, but once again, I don’t. “Maybe he has a thing for you.” now my eyes trail over to lock with hers.

She giggles as she dips the bloody rag under the running water. “Don’t be silly, Nick and I have been friends since I got here. Dad would kill him. Plus, I don’t see him that way…” she looks at me with her penetrating gaze. I wonder for a second, who her father is. Maybe I should ask…ok maybe not right now. “Hold on…don’t move” she says running out of the bathroom. A couple of minutes later she comes back with a razor and some shaving gel.

I nod my head “No…fucking way! You’ll end up cutting me and then I might just kill you. I’ve had enough body injuries this week.” I continue to nod, but she just overlooks my disapproval and lathers my face with the shaving cream. Her hands on my face, send my stomach into a knot of nerves.

“Now…” she says, jumping onto the counter and pulling me between her legs. “Let me do this, so stay very still” I am a man, and I can’t help the perverted side of my mind, as it’s going insane, while I try to keep my cool. “Are you alright?” she asks with a smile.

I fake a smile back, it’s fake, but something I never do. What’s a smile anyway? “I’m good” I nod, fighting off the urge to lean over and press my mouth against hers, or more. Much more. I’m standing there as rigid as I can, feeling the sharpness of the blade graze my chin. I don’t want to stare so I close my eyes instead, it’s not bad being pampered by a kid…girl…woman. I guess! I place my hands on what I think is the side of the counter, but they end up on her legs, I remove them quickly.

Her giggle fills the room, then she sighs “I don’t mind you know.” I ignore her and just continue to concentrate on things, besides the fact that I’m in the exact place, I constantly dream about being. Between her legs. I know that sounds bad, but it’s not like that’s all I want…I mean…ok never mind. Erase that thought. Anyways, I start to think of other things, all I need is for junior buildin a tent at this exact moment. That would seriously be a fucked up shitty thing to happen.

I’m so deep in thinking about guns, missions, Don, his daughters, anything other than sex. That I never see it coming. Suddenly her lips are on mine, her tongue slides over my mouth, and I for a split second suck on the bottom of her lip. Then it hits me, this is not right and I wont give in to it. I pull away and end up slamming into the back of the wall. “What the fuck Crystal?” I snap at her as she stares at me with those dreamy eyes.

“I’m sorry…” she says, but the grin on her face tells me otherwise. I wipe my mouth and storm into my room. “You kissed me back…” she yells as she follows, damn she’s worse than those puppies that are always on your heel.

“No I didn’t…I was thinking of someone else.” Damn, that was not the best thing to say. Another boom of thunder rocks the house and she jumps close to me. “This getting close to me has to stop…I don’t like it. Just stand over there.” I grab her by the arm and stand her a few feet away from me. “That’s fucking better.”

She looks at me like a scolded puppy. “Your such a liar…” she crosses her arms and bites her lip. I swear if she starts to cry, I’m carrying her ass back to her room. If she thinks she can continue fucking with my mind, she is really wrong. I’m not giving in to this kiddy game any damn longer. Nope! Wait where is she going.

Without another word she storms out of my room and slams the door behind her. I shrug, and look out the window. I notice the guy that works with Crystal and Nick running into the barn to keep away from the rain. I guess that is where he stays. Hum…I wonder if he knows where Kevin is and when he’ll be back?

I yawn and feel on my newly shaved face, my lips curl into a smile as I remember the softness of her lips against mine. Whatever. This means nothing, it’s just a kiss, I’ve had plenty of those. I lay down and rest my arms behind my head and close my eyes. The image of her puppy face keeps appearing and I start to feel like a real asshole.

A couple of minutes later, after a concert of thunder rolling and flashes of lighting, there is a light knock on my door. My eyes roll unintentionally, I obviously know who it is “Come in…” I say unenthusiastically.

"Erm...uh...I know you're mad at me...and...I hate to bother you...it's just that...I really don't like storms and...um...normally my family is here. Since Nick is mad at me too...I just thought...maybe” she looks around the room, jumping at the sound of thunder.

I know what she is going to ask me next. Quite frankly, there is a part of me, that wants to send her back where she came from. Then that stupid feeling in the pit of my stomach returns and I find myself drawn to her, like a moth to a flame and I’m more than sure I’m bound to get burned. “Maybe what?” I raise my eyebrows.

“Well…” I like it when she bites her lip, she looks so innocent. “Can I please stay here with you. I promise that I’ll keep quiet…I’ll just go to sleep.” her eyes look up at me and then to the floor.

I can’t help the smirk on my face, “Alright…but I swear if you say so much as a peep, I'm getting the fuck up and dragging your ass to your room. Are we clear?" she nods and hops into the bed, snuggling up under MY blanket. We both lay facing away from each other, I can feel her ass against mine as she gets comfortable. Silence fills the room as I begin to close my eyes.

“Jack…you wanna play a game?”

I groan loudly, making it clear that ‘I don’t wanna play no damn games’, but I rather voice my answer, so she gets it. “Hell no! I thought I said not a peep!”

“Alright” she says, bumping me with her ass again.

Later that night, I groggily force my eyes open, I’m startled to see a fucker standing over us, all in black from head to toe, with a shot gun in his hand. Then I notice he’s not aiming at me, I turn to look at a sleeping Crystal and I shove her with all my might, sending her flying off the bed, and to the floor with a thud.

I jump out of the way, I hear the echo of the shot, and the clink of the shell hitting the wooden floor. Particles of the bed, sheets and pillows cling in the air, making it hard for me to see him. I notice as he dashes out of the room. Without thinking, I grab the pistol from the drawer and run after him. Shit, I forgot to check on Crystal.

I see him at the bottom of the stairs, and I throw myself from the middle of the steps and knock him to the floor. Right away I take a punch to the face. Fuck, not again in the same day. Motherfucker! I take a hold of his throat and squeeze as tight as my strength will let me. I can hear him gasping for air, and his hands are flying and landing all over me, one to my arm, my chest, and my jaw. I knock his head into the side of the stairs, then I get a palm to the nose, not again. Son of a bitch, that hurt even more.

Instantly I let him go and my hands fly to what feels like a shattered nose. He sprints towards the door. So I get up and ignore the pain shooting through my face and I fly through the air, landing on him and making him crash onto the coffee table in the living room. We roll around and I try pulling on the mask, but it doesn’t budge. “Who the fuck are you…?” I let my fist connect with his face.

Suddenly I see nothing but fuzz and realize I’m on the floor and he’s getting away. I pull out the gun and aim, fitting my finger into the trigger hole and I begin to press on the lever. “JACK NO!!!" Crystal shouts from the base of the stairs, staring at me in utter shock.

I should have killed the bastard. My chest is heaving with anger, my nose is bleeding and my head hurts like hell. I can't stop trying to guess what this guy wanted. He knew exactly how and where to hit me. Plus why would he aim at Crystal? Nothing makes any sense to me.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you once again to my BF for helping me out with this...