- Text Size +
After the party Aaron stormed down the hallway, anger running through him in his failed attempt to get rid of Deanna once and for all.

"Goddamn wench I was sure I would have ran her off by now. I had to apologize and pretend to be supportive of her." Aaron mumbled as he walked down the hallway. Leslie watched her brother pass, she had heard what he had said and could not believe that Aaron had lied to Nick and Deanna.

"How could you?"

Aaron turned at his sister's voice "What are you talking about Leslie?"

"So what you said to Nick and Deanna was a lie? You faked your apology?!"

"I had to make Nick believe that I support him being with that...wench."

"She is not a wench she is a very sweet girl. But you wouldn't know that seeing as your too busy berating her for what she isn't!" Leslie screamed her voice elevating completely pissed at her younger brother for what he had done.

"Will you keep your voice down?"

"No I will not, you will march back in there and apologize for what you said."

"I will do no such thing." Aaron said crossing his arms over his chest glaring at his sister.

Nick heard the commotion and quickly went out into the hall. He looked from Leslie to Aaron "What is going on out here?"

"Ask Aaron he's the one who's been lying." Leslie spat

"Lying? Lying about what?" Nick turned to his brother waiting for him to explain. "Lying about what Aaron?" Nick asked sternly

"I do not approve of that wench."

"You gave us your blessing and now your taking it back?"

"Yes I am."

"Then why do you find it funny by taking me for a fool? That woman has done nothing to you but you insist she is bad when in reality it is you dear brother who is bad."

"Can you not see what she's doing? She's doing this to drive us apart."

"She is doing no such thing!" Deanna heard Nick yelling so she and Nick's parents walked out into the hall seeing him and Aaron going at it.

Aaron spotted her and simply stated "Get out."

Deanna stood her ground and did not move but started walking backwards when Aaron started walking towards her tightly grabbing her arm "I said get out, you do not belong here."

"Your hurting me."

"Take your hands off of her." Aaron turned to his brother and smirked with no intention on loosening his grip.

"Aaron..." Jane started "You will unhand that girl at once."

"He's pulled you into this too Mother?"

"She must mean a great deal to Nickolas if he is trying to protect her. Now unhand her."

Aaron forcefully shoved her in Nick's direction and Nick lunged at his brother grabbing his shirt collar lifting him up.

"How dare you! I will not stand here and let you hurt my wife, you hear me?!" Nick screamed clutching Aaron's collar tightly

"She's nothing but a wench, a whore!"

"Shut up do you hear me?!"

Aaron shoved his brother and he stumbled backwards landing against the wall. Nick looked up at him his eyes full of hate, he never would have thought of his own brother going against him, betraying him this way.

"Jeanine was right you should be banished." Leslie said helping her older brother.

Deanna just stood there and watched, with every word Aaron had bad to say about her Nick would slam him against the wall harder.

"I suggest you leave while you can still walk." Nick said through clecthed teeth not loosening the grip he had on his brother's shirt

"Nick come on your letting a commoner come between us?"

"She is my wife and you will treat her with the respect she deserves you got that?"

"She deserves nothing." Aaron said which caused Nick to loosen the grip he had on him and drop him

"Get out."

"But Nick..."

"I said get out, from this day forth you are banished from ever setting foot on these grounds."

"You can't do that."

"And who says? Mother and Father are on my side now."

Jane walked to Nick and placed her hand on his shoulder looking at Aaron "Your brother is right we have accepted his marriage to Deanna and if you don't then you are banished."

"I cannot believe this!"

"Well believe it. Brian, Madias take him away."

"With pleasure your highness." Brian said giving Aaron an evil look.

When Brian and Madias had pulled Aaron, much to his protest, from their view Nickolas to turned to his bride who was standing by the wall crying. Nick walked to her and caressed her cheek.

"No need for crying my love, all those things he said are not true." He then tilted her chin up to look into her eyes "He will do no more harm with his harsh words."

Deanna smiled and nuzzled against his hand, she looked up into his eyes softly saying "I love you."

"As do I my love. I love you forever and always." She flung her arms around his neck burying her face in his shirt as he caressed her hair.

"I never did like him." Brian said as he walked back onto the palace grounds with Madias

"Did anyone?"

They both laughed as they returned to their posts.

As promised King Robert and Queen Jane publicly announced Nickolas' marriage to Deanna. The villagers were always more prone towards Nickolas because of his good nature and they were happy that he found love. Nickolas was glad that he could now proudly show off his wife, an give her everything she wanted and deserved. But there was one problem...what about their house? They loved that house but Deanna was a princess now and her prince did not want her staying in such a place. It was not fitting, although it would hold very fond memories.

Nick also insisted that Chrissie be allowed to move into the palace as well. As for Dorough, he was once again a knight of the Cartesean Court. The prince's Mother nor his Father showed any sign of protest to his demands, if it kept him happy then so be it. The girls Mother would never have to work another day in her life and Nickolas was in the process of building her a house on the palace grounds since she did not want to intrude on them. Deanna and Chrissie had tried to convince her otherwise but she stood by her word. Her daughters were happy and well taken care of that's all she ever wanted. She got to see one of her children married perhaps it wouldn't be long before Christallina would tie the knot as well. That Dorough lad would certainly make a fine husband for her he was sweet, kind, and cared about her daughters safety. Anna sat on a bench in the palace garden watching Nickolas and her eldest daughter walk along the flowers holding hands. She couldn't help but smile, from the day they took him in she had a feeling that her daughter liked him.

---

Now Deanna stood in front of a floor length mirror spinning in the newly fitted dress that Jane had made for her from the finest fabric in the village. She spun around again to see Nickolas standing in the doorway admiring her, and she blushed.

"Well...?" She asked smoothing out the front of the dress.

Nick walked to her and helped her down from the pedestal on which she stood "Words do not begin to describe of how beautiful you look my love."

She blushed again and Nick took this opprotunity to pull a small object from his pocket. "What's that?"

"Something for you...when we got married I never got the chance to give you a ring. And you should have one, one that sparkles just like your eyes do when I look at you."

She looked down feeling quite embarassed about his words of love. He tucked his finger under her chin tilting her face up to look at him.

"Do my feelings embarass you?"

"Not so much anymore." He smiled then continued

"Now I know you told me that you didn't want overwhelming gifts but this..." He said opening his palm revealing to her the diamond ring that lay in it "I believe you should have."

"Nickolas I do not think..." She started to protest as he grabbed her hand and slid the ring on her finger then brought that hand to his mouth kissing it.

"Nonsense, besides it looks stunning on you." She smiled looking down at the stone shining in the light.

"It is beautiful."

"Like you."

She smiled again then leaned in to kiss him as he gently tugged on her chin opening her mouth to his deepening the kiss. Deanna brought her hand to his neck lightly rubbing her hand against the hair there.

When Leslie heard of what Mother had done she wanted to see for herself. She softly knocked on the door as Nick and Deanna broke apart.

"Nickolas...is it true? Did Mother and Father finally give their blessing?"

"Yes sister they did." Deanna just stood there not sure of what to say

"It's alright." Nick assured her "Your family now."

"I never got to thank you for saving my sister and I so...thank you."

"Your welcome." Leslie said walking to her, hugging her "It was no problem at all."

After Leslie left Nickolas pulled his beloved close and kissed her once more.

Jane walked in on the two ready to tell Deanna that more dresses were here for her to try on but stopped and just admired them. Seeing them together reminded her so much of her and her love. He had really taken a chance on loving this girl...even though they tried their damnest to keep them apart. She smiled and closed the door leaving the two lovers in their own little world.

As for Aaron he was banished to a small village quite a ways from the Cartesean kingdom. He did not like it and he always blamed Deanna for where he was. This was all her fault, if she hadn't come in the picture then he would still be living at the palace.

And Nickolas his own brother chose to protect her then to uphold the family name, some prince. Maybe one day he would return, maybe he could make his brother see just how awful she really was.

Maybe, just maybe...