- Text Size +
Aaron stood just outside the throne room hearing everything that was said.

"I hope you're happy, Aaron." stated Leslie.

Aaron quickly looked up at his sister "What do you mean?"

"Just because Nickolas was in love with someone outside these castle walls, you tell Mother and Father? How could you, you rat!"

"Sister you don't understand...it's not right and you know that. I did the right thing."

"Sure you did and now he's gonna be banished for it!" she shot back.

"You're nothing, but a little bastard." said Jeanine (BJ) sipping Ambrosia. "You should be banished...you don't even deserve to be a Prince."

"How could you say such a thing?"

"She's right your the one that should be banished." Leslie said agreeing with her sister.

Nickolas stormed out of the throne room before either his Mother of Father could get a word in. He was sick and tired of them trying to run his life, he was a man now and was capable of making his own decisions. He walked past his sisters and brother, but Leslie quickly caught up with him.

"Nick...you didn't get banished did you?"

"No Leslie I did not, but it's only a matter of time."

"If you ask me Aaron should be the one who gets banished seeing as he started all of this."

"I did not!"

"You did too you little rat. Who cares if hes in love with a villager, he should be able to be with whoever he desires."

Aaron walked away not wanting to hear anymore of his sisters ranting. Nick went to walk away again but Leslie grabbed his arm.

"Do you really love her?"

"I do."

"Then come with me." She took her older brother's hand leading him down a bunch of hallways till they got to the stairs that took them down to the dungeons.

"What are you doing?" Nickolas whispered

"Helping you to rescue your beloved."

"But why?"

"I don't want to see my brother banished over stupid shit. You wait here and when you see the gaurds come up then go down." Nickolas nodded as his sister acsended the stairs down to the dungeon.

She quickly cleared her throat noticing that Lord Brian was distracted. Christallina touches his face, massaging it. "You, are a bewitching wench," he began.

"Thank you...Now...why don't you loosen these chains, kind Lord...so I can..." she whispers sexual statements in his ear.

"My Lords..." she began "The King and Queen wish to see you in the throne room."

When neither of them moved she simply stated "Now."

"Hmm...I could do that...but I am needed...maybe later?"

"Fine by me...my virginity will wait for Thee."

Leslie walked closer to them clearing her throat again "My Lords..."

"I heard you, Princess...let us go, Madias..."

"And, maybe we could come in the barn...if you know what I mean..."

"I can't imagine any other place." Said Dorough, through clenched teeth. Madias and Brian leave the dungeon.

"That's the LAST time I take up for you, Maiden."

Nickolas hides behind a pillar waiting for them to come up, once they were out of view he descended the stairs rejoining his sister. He walked to the door and looked into the tiny window just as Deanna looked up.

She smiled when she saw him. "Nickolas!"

"Fair maidens and Lord Dorough I have come to set you free."

Nickolas smiled when he saw Deanna he thought he would never see her again. Leslie unlocked the lock and Nick pushed the door open and ran inside going to Deanna's side as Leslie undid Christallina's and Lord Dorough's chains.

"Your not hurt are you?"

"No I am not, you are most kind."

Leslie came over to her and undid her chains as well and she quickly wound her arms around his neck hugging him tight "You saved me I am eternally grateful." Dorough held out his hand helping Chrissie up.

"You must hurry before the guards come back." Leslie said ushering them out of the cell. Nickolas hugged his sister and she returned his embrace "You four must go. Go on now."

"A thousand thank you's, Milady..." Christallina said, then her, Dorough, Nick and Deanna rushed off, turning into shadows. Leslie placed the keys on the hanging hook and walked up the stairs coming from the dungeons.

"Where are we going?" Deanna asked as Nickolas held her hand tight leading her, Dorough, and Christallina through hallways.

"Far away from here as possible."

"But what about your crown, your giving it up?"

"You could very well say that. I do not want it."

"Just keep running, Sister..."

All four of them made their way outside to the stables where Nickolas and Dorough both grabbed a horse. Nickolas helped Deanna up then got on sitting behind her gripping the reins, as Lord Dorough did the same with Christallina. She holds onto Dorough's waist, snuggling against his back. "Mmm...the feel of a Saint..."

Lord Brian and Madias walked down the hallway that lead to the dungeons, angry at the young princess for lying. They should have expected that, she did that well. When they reached the bottom of the stairs Lord Madias reached for the keys only to find them gone then he noticed the cell door opened.

"Brian we have a problem..."

"What?" he said, dreamily.

"The prisoners they've escaped."

"That woman..." he then looks at the empty cells. "TRICKED US!"

"What did you think she was doing? We have to warn the King and Queen."

"Ok...but...don't kill her...she's beautiful..." Brian said bewitched by her beauty.

"Beautiful women can be deceiving."

"SHUT UP! I love her..." Brian said, looking out the window to see them galloping off away from town.

---

"Wait...what about Mama? We can't leave her alone." Deanna said looking back at the town in the distance

"She's right, Nickolas. We have to see if she's alright..." Nickolas pulled on the horses reins bringing her to a stop then turning her around heading towards town.

"Dorough? If you had a choice...would you leave me for riches? Or anything in the world?"

"I can't say I would fair maiden." Dorough said looking back at her then following Nickolas. She sighs, smiling, rubbing her head on his back. Nickolas comes to a stop in front of what used to be the girls home.

"Where could she be?"

Anna sat in what used to be her house, her home. That awful woman how could she just burn down someones house, someones memories? She looked up to the sky and said a silent prayer. Thankfully the girls father was not alive to see this if he had, he would have been thrown into the dungeons. She sighed looking around at the shambles of where her house had once stood, and felt herself tear up as all the memories of the past years came flooding back. She thought of her girls, she thought of Nickolas...too many problems for such a young lad, hopefully things worked out for him. She looked up when she heard a faint voice that sounded like her eldest daughter, she stood as the galloping got nearer. Her daughters came into view, Deanna with Nickolas and Christallina with Howard. She smiled then stepped out of the rumble and walked out into the street to meet them.

"Anna your alright." Nickolas said smiling down at her

"Yes young Nickolas, I am fine."

"Your daughters insisted we come check on you we are headed out of town. My Mother will be chasing us very soon. Will you come with us?"