- Text Size +
Robert looked at his eldest son and the young woman who was practically clinging to him afraid that he was gonna do something rash. King Robert walked to them and simply bowed before Deanna.

"My fair maiden please forgive my wife and I for we were blind. I am sorry we put you through so much but from here on out." he looked up at Deanna "You have our blessing. In fact I propose that we host a grand party in honor of Nickolas and his young bride."

"No Father that's really not neccessary."

"Son if you risked your life for this young woman then I think it's only right that the whole kingdom knows of your love."

Nickolas couldn't help the smile that lit up his face, he finally got his parents approval.

"A party? for us?"

"Right you are my dear."

---

Chrissie and Dorough were starting to get worried it was almost nightfall and Nickolas had left long before the sun started to set, he should have been back with Deanna by now.

"What if something happened?"

"Don't worry yourself...I'm sure they are safe and on their way home as we speak."

As if on cue they heard a carriage pull up in front of the house. Dorough looked out the window he mumbled something then walked to the door opening it expecting to see the Queen emerge from the carriage and raise hell once again. But it wasn't the Queen it was Deanna and Nickolas and they seemed happy. After Nick helped Deanna down she kissed him then ran past Dorough eager to find her sister and tell her the good news.

"My Leige what took you so long?"

Nickolas simply smiled "As crazy as this sounds my parents gave us their blessing."

"Really? You don't say..."

"I do say, and Aaron apologized for everything he did."

"Aaron? That arrogant little rat?"

"That would be the one, surprising really."

"I'll say..."

"Chrissie!" Deanna yelled running into the kitchen area as her sister turned to face her

"Deanna? My god..." she ran to her sister and hugged her "We were beginning to think something awful happened."

"No nothing like that."

Chrissie pulled away from her sister a little surprised "No harsh words? no threatening to lock you away?"

"No none of that we got their blessing."

"Wait...what?"

The girls mother entered the room "What's going on?"

"Mama I have great news. Nickolas' parents gave us their blessing and they wanna throw a party for us, isn't that great?!" Deanna said smiling unable to hold in her excitement

"That's wonderful Mi'ja." Anna said embracing her daughter

"So they just happened to change their minds?"

"Well it just so happens that Nick's Mother was once like us."

"Come again?"

"She was poor like us and his Father saved her from that and she let everything go to her head. But I promise I wont get like that."

Chrissie smiled "I know you won't."

---

Over the next few days Aaron watched his brother come and go with that wench he called a wife. Nick had bought his apology, he never liked her and never would. She was a disgrace to the family and to Nickolas. Then why was he the only one seeing it? When he heard of their parents giving them their blessing he was furious. One minute they hated her and the next they didn't. Something wasn't right and he was gonna find out. Aaron walked into the grand ballroom seeing his Mother talking to a decorator.

"Mother...may I have a word with you?"

"Of course Aaron." she talked to the decorator a bit more then smiled turning to her son "What is it my son?"

"What's all of this?" he asked looking around at the halfway decorated ballroom

"We are throwing a ball in honor of Nickolas and his bride."

Aaron looked at his Mother a sif she was crazy "Your what?"

"We are thro---" Aaron cut his Mother off

"But I thought you dispised her?"

Jane sighed Aaron had yet to hear the story behind his father and her. "Just because she is common does not mean she is a bad person."

"But you yourself said that you would not rest till she was out of his life."

"I did before but--" she looked over at the decorators and shoke her head "No no no this is all wrong. The drapery should go this way and the flowers should go here."

Aaron sighed as his Mother walked away from him completely oblivious of what he was saying. "I guess there are somethings that one has to do himself." he mumbled leaving the ballroom. He walked past his twin Angel, brushing past her.

"Rude much." She simply said glancing back at her brother walking down the hallway then entered the ballroom "Oh my...it's so pretty!"

"Thank you dear." Jane smiled at her daughter

"Is this for Nickolas' party?"

"Yes Angel it is."

"This girl he has married..." she said pondering for a moment "Is she nice?"

"For your brother to fall for her she has to be. Now run along." Jane said shooing her youngest daughter towards the door.

---

The party was well under way and Deanna was in Leslie's room getting ready. Leslie opened the wardrobe revealing her dress and Deanna gasped.

"What? you don't like it?"

"No it's not that...I've just never seen a dress quite like this. It's beautiful." Deanna said reaching out touching the soft fabric

"Mother had it specially made." Leslie smiled at her new sister. After Deanna was laced up and in her dress she looked at herself in the mirror and did a little spin 'not bad for a commoner' she thought.

"You look stunning." Deanna turned towards the door when she heard Nick's voice and blushed.

"I'll give you two a minute see you downstairs." Leslie kissed her brother on the cheek and headed out closing the door behind her.

Nick helped her off the pedestal she was standing on and held her out at arms length smiling. "I must be the luckiest man in the world to have a bride as beautiful as you."

Deanna looked down feeling herself blushing again. Nick tilted her face up towards his and leaned in softly kissing her, he then walked to her side and held out his arm.

"Shall we?" Deanna smiled linking her arm with his.

They walked down the hallway that lead to the ballroom and stopped at the doors, the guards opened the doors and Deanna took a deep breath before walking in with her prince. Deanna quickly scanned the crowd and saw her sister standing with Lord Dorough and smiled. Her mother was also standing by them smiling. They walked to the middle of the room and Nick held her hand in his giving a slight bow.

"May I have this dance fair maiden?"

Deanna smiled and laughed a little "Yes."

Nickolas pulled his beloved to him and wound an arm around her waist as the other held onto her hand entertwining his fingers with hers. As they were dancing Aaron was sitting on his throne looking at her with disgust, he then looked at his parents who simply watched the couple. It made him sick. He rested his cheek against his palm sighing, he was already bored. Anna could feel tears in her eyes as she watched her daughter and her prince spin on the dancefloor, things were finally looking up for both her girls.

After the dance Nickolas bowed as Deanna did the same as everyone clapped. Jane stood and quieted everyone.

"I have asked for your presence here today to witness my son, Prince Nickolas and his new bride Princess Deanna along with the love they share."

"Princess my ass..." Aaron muttered

"I wish to celebrate their love and this party symbolizes it. And I wish to say in front of all of you that I give them my blessing, and pray that they have all the happiness in the world." Jane said then looked at her son and smiled slightly bowing as Nick did the same.

Deanna was speechless she never thought that she would say that in front of everyone here, she smiled bowing to the Queen. Jane sat back down and the music started playing again. Aaron got up and walked to Nick and Deanna.

"Pardon me fair maiden...may I have this dance?"

Deanna looked up at Nickolas who simply nodded and put her hand in Aaron's. Nick then walked to where his parents sat, sitting next to his Mother. They started dancing and Deanna was silent, she didn't know what his intentions were. Aaron then looked at her and she smiled.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Nothing...I was just..."

"That's right you have nothing to smile about."

Deanna looked at him recognizing the sudden change of attitude "I beg your pardon?"

"You heard me...what do you think your doing?"

"Whatever do you mean your highness?"

Aaron looked around at the dancefloor then turned back to Deanna. "You know what, with my brother, what are you looking to get from this?"

"I am looking for nothing more than your brother's love, your highness."

"And you think that you are worthy of such a luxury?" Aaron said anger cleary visible in his voice

"I am sorry his highness does not approve of my loving his brother."

Aaron sighed, she was alot stronger than he took her for. "Why don't you just leave and save everyone a whole lot of trouble."

Deanna panicked, he wanted her to leave? but he had apologized. "You wish for me to leave?"

"I do not wish...I WANT you to leave and stop putting on this charade."

Nickolas looked over at his brother and his wife, something wasn't right. He could tell by the expression on her face. With that in mind he got up and made his way over to them.

"May I interrupt?"

"Of course." Aaron said looking at her handing her hand to Nick, and if looks could kill she'd be dead. When Nick was sure his medelsome brother was out of ear shot he looked down at her and she looked away.

"Is something troubling you?"

"No there is nothing..."

"What did Aaron say?"

"Thy brother's apology was not sincere."

Nickolas looked over at his brother seated on his throne and faked a smile then turned back to his bride "Whatever he has said, do not listen to him. You no we..." he said quickly correcting himself "Have my parents blessing and that's all that matters."

She couldn't help it she stepped away from him and ran out of the ballroom in tears. Jane looked at Nick who simply shrugged his shoulders and ran after his beloved.

Jane then looked over at her youngest son "Aaron...what did you say to her?"

"Nothing Mother."

"Then why did she run out of here crying?"

"I do not know."

Jane decided to drop it she had a feeling something was said and it would come out soon enough, besides she had guests to entertain.

"What did he say to her?" Chrissie wondered out loud when she saw her sister run out. "I will return." She kissed Dorough on the cheek and went after her sister as well.

The party continued as if nothing happened. Chrissie ran out into the hall and glanced to her right seeing her sister curled in Nickolas' lap crying. Nick heard footsteps and looked up seeing Chrissie kneel beside them and look at him.

"My brother said something to her and I do not know what."

"Deanna..." Chrissie began "Do not let him see you are weak. Do not let his hurtful words get to you, you hear me?"

Deanna lifted her head from Nick's shoulder looking at her sister with tear filled eyes "Why does he hate me so?"

"Aaron seems to think that anyone who isn't royal are bad people." Nick said rubbing her back "But you, your sister, and I know better. You are just like everyone else."

Deanna smiled feeling relieved by her husbands kind words, she then wiped her eyes "What he said was hurtful...he thinks this is all some sort of charade I'm putting on, that I'm just using you."

"That's an awful thing to say." Chrissie said ready to show the young prince what she really thought of him.

Deanna looked at Chrissie and knew that look, she was pissed. "Sister don't do anything rash."

"Oh trust me there's nothing rash about it." she said standing up smoothing out her dress. "I am sorry to say this...wait no I'm not...your brother is a menace."

"Tell me something I don't know, he's been that way for as long as I can remember." Nickolas helped Deanna up and she dried her eyes "Wanna go back in?"

"Yes, afterall this is our party."

Chrissie stayed out in the hall to calm her nerves, if she were to see Aaron at that moment she may have strangled the life out of him. She returned to the ballroom once she was calm and was asked if she was alright by a very worried, Dorough.

"I'm alright but if I see that menace Aaron he will not be."

"Christallina don't get yourself worked up over him, he's not worth it." He said in a soft voice caressing her cheek.

She gazed into his soft brown eyes and all anger was gone, the hate for the young prince seemed to just dissappear as he leaned down and captured her lips in a soft kiss.