- Text Size +
Act Two

(We now find Juliet in her bedroom, reading a Teen Dream magazine, sighing melancholy. She's aware that there's a party taking place that evening, but she is unsure to go downstairs and enjoy it. Just then, Juliet's sister,
Mariah walks in. She immediately spots her sister, who's not happy.)

Mariah: Jay Jay?

(Juliet stays silent.)

Mariah: JULIET!

Juliet: Huh, wha?

Mariah: What's the matter with you, now, girl? You better get down them steps. There's some fine ass brothas there...

Juliet: So? I'm not going.

Mariah: You not goin'?

Juliet: No.

Mariah: Why you so down all of a sudden? You should be happy, an' shit.

Juliet: Do I LOOK happy, sister? (she sighs heavily, plopping herself back on the bed) I feel..empty.

Mariah: Eat somethin'. They got Fatburgers downstairs, foo'. You better get you some...

Juliet: Not THAT kind of empty...I mean...I don't have anyone to love me for who I am. Other men would be with me, because I'm cute in the face, and thick in the waist.

Mariah: Girl, you should be happy with what God blessed yo' ass with. I envy you like a mu'fucka.

Juliet: How so?

Mariah: You get all the guys, Jay Jay...I'm lucky to get a motherfuckin' BOB for my 21st birthday.

(Juliet laughs at her sister's somewhat serious antics.)

Mariah: There we go...there's that smile. Now, bring yo' ass down them stairs and find you a man with bread.

Juliet: Fine...but I ain't lookin' to like. I'm just lookin'.

Mariah: And I'm lookin' fo' some di--

Juliet: Mariah...

Mariah: Dip Stick candy. That's the shit.

Juliet: You are impossible...

(Meanwhile, Benny, Cutie and Romy make it to the Capulet's mansion. Since Romy and Benny are Montagues, they wore masks to hide their faces. Their outfit consisted of black jeans, and a red t-shirt. They walked into the front entrance, and was astonished by the crowd.)

Benny: DAAAAAAAAAMN! Look at all these peoples!

Cutie: I know, huh? Nah, let's go and have some fun, man...

Romy: That is what we came here for, right?

Cutie: You got that right, my wizzle. Let's partay!

(The three amigos mingle in with the crowd, picking up glasses of wine and cognac. They stood against the wall, watching the party goers dancing, chatting it up, and kissing their honeydips.)

(Juliet comes down the steps with her man-crazy sister. They look around, and see nothing but 'losers' in Juliet's book.)

Juliet: I think I'm having second thoughts...

Mariah: Ohh...no, you're not.
(Mariah grabs her arm, and leads her all the way down the steps and into the huge crowd.)
Mariah: Now, let's get this party started! Ow!

(As Mariah danced to Good Charlotte blaring from the sound system, Juliet wanders off, nibbling at her fingertips.)

(Romy stands alone, as Benny and Cutie went away with a couple of 'chickenheads'. He starts to walk away, and inadvertently passes Big T.)

Big T.: I smell a Montague...and it's him! (he takes out his gun, and as he's about to shoot him, Juliet's father stops him)

Father: The FUCK is up wit'chu, man?

Big T: Uncle, that boy over there. He's our enemy...he MUST be subdued!

Father: Shit, slow yo' roll, boy! You had better come correct...I didn't spend all this money on this party, just so you can blast someone in the ass...leave him alone.

Big T.: But uncle--

Father: What the hell did I JUST say?

Big T.: (hangs his head down low, and walks off talking under his breath) stupid uncle won't let me do a goddamn thing in this house...this sucks major ass...

(Romy goes through the thinning crowd to get another drink to drown his sorrows. As he pours his drink, he looks around, and spots Rosa dancing in an alluring way.)

Romy: (sniffles) You coulda had it all, Rosa...(in an ethereal whisper) you coulda had it all...

(Just as Rosa danced away from Romy's sight, he's completely stunned at what he saw next. Juliet.)

Romy: WHOA...who is DAT?! WHOO, baby gurl is FOINE!

(Juliet looks to her left, and sees Romy looking at her. She blushes a little as she sees him approach her.)
The tune to Justin Timberlake's “I'm Lovin' It” starts to play.

Romy: Hi...I'm not here to waste your time, and no this ain't a pick up line. I just think that you're a (holds up his hands) DIME...

Juliet: You really think so?

Romy: Girl, I know so...what's yo' name?

Juliet: Juliet, but my friends call me Jay Jay.

Romy: I'm Romeo, but my friends and 'nem? They call me Romy. 'Cause I like to roam a lot, ya dig me...?

Juliet: Ooh...I dig you...

(Romy takes her hands, and puts them to his chest.)

Romy: Yo' hands soft than a motherfucka...

Juliet: Tha...thank you...

Romy: From this day on, fine momma, I am yo' servant. May I kiss them ruby red lipses of yours?

Juliet: What's stopping you, my dear...?

Romy: Baby gur'...not a damn thang...

(He leans in, and kisses her softly, then a bit passionately. They both pull back looking at one another.)

Romy: Oooh Wee...Thass' what I'm talkin' 'bout...

Juliet: You're a mighty fine kisser, Romeo.

Romy: I cain't complain, but a brotha do 'ight, ya know what I'm sayin'?

Juliet: Yes, I do...my lo--

(Juliet is cut off by her dear nurse, telling her that she should come to bed at once.)

Juliet: Now? But, kind Nurse--

Nurse: No buts, Miss Julie. Time for your rest.

(As the nurse pulls her away from Romy, Benny and Cutie does the same)

Benny: Come on man, let's get outta hea'.

Cutie: Man...the females up in hea' are straight bustas...they ain't SHIT! They all virgins and shit, man...I cain't hang...I cain't hang...

(They notice Romy acting strangely.)

Benny: What's up wit' you, foo'? Let's go!

Romy: I think...I think I found my future baby's momma, y'all...she got that whip appeal...

Cutie: Man, whateva. Is you leavin' wit' us, or not?

Romy: Yes, but...

Cutie: Come on, man! A wigga gotta take a monstrous shit!

(The Nurse and Juliet were at the top of the stairs talking.)

Juliet: Who is that boy that so quickly ran off? I mean, I know his name, but I haven't seen him around.

Nurse: he is called Romeo, and is a Montague.

Juliet: ................what?

Nurse: I say, he's a Mon-Ta-Gue. Did you hear me that time?

Juliet: GOD...DAMNIT! The one boy I've fallen for has GOT to be my enemy! SHIT! I'm goin' to bed...

Nurse: But, Miss Julie--

Juliet: GOODNIGHT!

(Juliet storms upstairs, with the thought lingering in her head that she may never see him again.)