- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey! Be amazed! I kept daydreaming this one up at work - wish is hard to do when you're on cash - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia. A.J. & Nick own themselves, and the song When The Snow Comes Down In Tinseltown belongs to Hilary Duff. Thank-you!

Note: The italicized words, are song lyrics from the song, When The Snow Comes Down In Tinseltown by Hilary Duff. I put little spacers around them, so you could see the mini breaks in the story. I feel the lyrics fit nicely enough, and were necessary. Hope I didn't confuse anyone!

 

 

 

 

 

“J?” Tesia spoke softly, as she sat perched looking out the living room window, her eyes never looking away from the squirrel she was watching outside.

 

“Yeah, Baby T.?” A.J. replied, glancing over at the six-year-old, whom was currently visiting him for the holidays – which, was truly a miracle in itself.

 

“Is snow real?” Tesia asked curiously, casting him a quick side-long glance.

 

“Yeah, it’s real,” A.J. answered. “Why?”

 

“If it’s real, then how comes I never seen any?” Tesia wanted to know, as she turned to look at him completely – the squirrel she’d been watching, having had scampered off out of sight.

 

“Because we don’t get any,” A.J. shrugged. “And before you ask me why not, it’s because it’s too hot here, and it’s too hot in Florida, for there to be any snow.”

 

“Buts – I want some,” Tesia pouted.

 

“Babe, the only way we get snow here is in the movies,” A.J. told her. “Why the sudden desire to see snow?”

 

“You can’t haves Frosty withouts snow!” Tesia exclaimed, blowing her bangs upward in exasperation.

 

“You like the silly old snowman, huh?” A.J. smirked.

 

“Frosty’s nots silly!” Tesia stated firmly. “Nicky said he’s cool, an’ lots of fun!”

 

“Oh, really?”

 

“Yes. And Nicky said it’s gots to snow, so I c’n haves a snowman,” Tesia continued. “An’ it’s gonna snow, I just knows it, J.”

 

“And how do you know that, Kiddo?”

 

“‘Cause Nicky said so,” Tesia replied matter-of-factly.

 

A.J. shook his head. Of course Nick had said so – really, he should’ve known. It seemed like every time his little sister got a crazy idea, she’d spoken to Carter beforehand.

 

“Hunny, I’m afraid it won’t,” he informed her gently. “Nick was mistaken.”

 

“No he was nots!” Tesia shouted, giving her brother a glare as she spoke. “Nicky’s always right! It will snow, ‘cause Nicky said so! I wished for it, just like he told me too, an’ Nicky don’t lie J.! He just don’t!”

 

A.J. cursed his friend inwardly. It figured Nick would get her hopes up, only for what she wished for to not happen. How dare Carter make it so he’d have to be the one to break her heart! And how was it going to make Nick himself look on Christmas morning, when she’d discover Nick had been wrong, and that her wish hadn’t come true? Damn it all!

 

“Alright, alright,” he said finally. “Cool it with the tone, Little Miss. Santa just may be watching you at this very moment.”

 

Tesia huffed, blowing her bangs upwards some as she did so. “Daddy said Santa’s nots gonna come, so it don’ts matter what I do.”

 

“And why wouldn’t he come for you, Tesia?” A.J. asked, wondering why in the world their father would tell her that of all things. “Santa comes for all good little girls and boys.”

 

Tesia looked away then, as her eyes started to fill with tears. “‘Cause I’m nots a good girl, J.,” she informed him quietly. “I get in too much trouble – Daddy said so.”

 

“Well, nobody’s perfect, Hunny,” A.J. soothed, as he went over and scooped her up, sitting down with her in his lap. “Heck, I’m not perfect, and yet Santa still brings me presents.”

 

“That’s ‘cause you’re special, J.,” Tesia insisted. “You c’n be naughty all you want an’ still gets presents ‘cause you’re special.”

 

“Well, you’re pretty special too, Kiddo,” A.J. stated, tickling her sides some, causing her to squirm in his lap. “And if Santa doesn’t bring you anything, I’ll just have to go and kick his as--butt.”

 

Tesia cast him a small smile. “Then you’ll get on the naughty list, J. An’ we can’t have you on the naughty list!”

 

“And why can’t we?”

 

“‘Cause I saids so,” Tesia replied firmly, giving her head a small nod. “‘Sides, you get all the cool presents, an’ you shares ‘em with me if you can. I like sharin’ your presents.”

 

“Yes, I know that you do,” A.J. chuckled. “Especially if I get hats, right Baby T.?”

 

“Right!” Tesia grinned. “They’re the most fun!”

 

A.J. laughed at her, as he tickled her sides, causing her to squeal and squirm even more so in his lap. “Well, I think it’s about time you get your own hats, then maybe I can actually wear one of mine.”

 

“Buts my hats are no fun,” Tesia insisted.

 

“And why aren’t they any fun?”

 

“‘Cause they’re nots yours.”

 

“Right, silly me,” A.J. stated, a smile on his face.

 

“Yes, yer very silly J.,” Tesia nodded in agreement.

 

~~~~~

 

Dear Santa,

I live in Hollywood, but it’s not like in the movies

Where Christmas is always snowy white

On my list, is just one wish,

That it would snow tonight

 

~~~~~

 

Later that night, once their Christmas dinner was over with – they held it on Christmas Eve – and everyone who’d been invited had gone home, A.J. scooped up the little one whom was fast asleep in his favourite arm chair.

 

“Guess someone had a little too much fun tonight,” he chuckled softly, as he carried her on upstairs to her bedroom. Once there, he lie her upon her bed, then began to rummage around in her pajama drawer for some clean pajamas.

 

Tesia stirred slightly, as she felt someone beginning to change her. She tensed up slightly, until she realized it was only her brother, then relaxed once more.

 

“Teddy,” she murmured sleepily.

 

A.J. smiled and handed her, her beloved Teddy Bear, which he’d also brought up with them. He knew her well, when it came to that crazy bear. “There Sweetheart,” he spoke softly. “Now, get some sleep so Santa can come, alright?”

 

“Kay,” Tesia yawned, then suddenly sat up some, her eyes wide. “My Christmas wishes!”

 

“What Christmas wishes?” A.J. asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

 

“Nicky saids to makes a wish ‘fore I went to bed, so it’d come true tomorrow,” Tesia explained, as her brother silently cursed the young blond once more. “I hafta makes me wish J.!”

 

“Alright,” A.J. sighed heavily. “Go ahead and make your wish, Hunny.”

 

Tesia moved quickly to her window seat, and stared up at the stars high above in the sky. She gave them a longing look, then squished her eyes shut, as she made her wish.

 

“I wishes for snow, so I c’n haves a real snowman,” she mumbled under her breath, though her brother could still hear her. “An’ for the N’SYNC Barbie I wants.”

 

A.J. stifled a groan, but let her make her wishes in peace. He gave his head one last shake, as she opened her eyes once more and dove for her bed.

 

“I’m ready to sleep now,” she announced, smiling up at him.

 

“You are, are you?” A.J. couldn’t help but smirk. “And are you going to remain asleep, Little Miss?”

 

“Uh-huh. ‘Cause ifs I don’t, Santa won’t come,” Tesia recited. “An’ I wants him to come J.”

 

“Don’t you worry none about that,” A.J. comforted, rubbing her face gently with his one hand. “Santa will come and bring you so many presents, you won’t know what to do with them all.”

 

“I likes that idea,” Tesia grinned, as she nestled down under her covers, her Teddy Bear held snuggly in her little arms. “Nights J. I love you.”

 

“Love you too, Kiddo,” A.J. replied, leaning down to kiss her head softly. “Sweet dreams, Tesia.”

 

He watched her a moment more, before getting up and vacating her room. He gave a sigh, as he closed her door partly, wondering just how in the world he was going to explain to her why her wish for snow hadn’t come true as promised.

 

The next morning, at four-thirty, A.J. was tackled by a small bundle of excitement, causing him to startle.

 

“J.! J.!” Tesia shrieked in delight, as she dove upon her unsuspecting brother. “Did Santa come yets? Did he? Huh? Huh?”

 

A.J. groaned. “Tesia, it’s much too early for Santa to have come.”

 

“Nuh-uh. Nicky saids Santa would come early, so I hafta gets up early!”

 

A.J. quietly muttered a curse, once more directed at his blond friend. “Baby T., lie here next to me for a bit, and then we’ll go see if Santa came, alright?”

 

“Buts J. - ” Tesia tried to protest.

 

“No buts Tesia,” A.J. stated, reminding himself to be kind to the little one, whom still sat upon his chest. “Santa knows J. won’t be happy with him if he comes this early, so he won’t be here for a little while more.”

 

Tesia gave him a pout, her lower lip sticking out far as it would go.

 

“Now, now,” A.J. sighed, rubbing her face with his hand. “It’s Christmas, and Santa doesn’t like pouters. Don’t you remember the words to that song, you kept singing? ‘You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout’?”

 

“Buts Santa don’t gots a brother who don’ts wanna go sees ifs he came or nots,” Tesia argued, her arms crossed over her chest, hugging her Teddy Bear close to herself. “An’ Teddy don’ts wanna wait.”

 

“Well, Teddy has no choice,” A.J. replied, as he gently eased her down next to him. “Teddy is taking a little nap now, so he won’t be cranky later during all the festivities.”

 

“Oh, alright,” Tesia huffed dramatically. “Ifs you insist.”

 

“Indeed, I do,” A.J. replied, snuggling her close as he covered her up. “Now, hush please.”

 

“Sings, please J.?”

 

A.J. stifled the chuckle that wanted to escape, as he began to sing The Little Drummer Boy to her softly. He was relieved when he heard her snoring a few short minutes later.

 

“Carter better hope I don’t get a hold of him today,” he thought inwardly.

 

Hours later, Tesia awoke once more, pouncing on her brother as she had earlier. “Santa comes now, J.?”

 

A.J. smiled up at her, knowing it’d be cruel to make her wait any longer. “Yes, I think he just might’ve.”

 

“Let’s go!” Tesia insisted, yanking on his wife beater that he’d worn to bed.

 

A.J. swooped her up into his arms as he stood, tickling her sides, causing her to laugh merrily. “Yes, let’s.”

 

Tesia squealed in delight as she was tickled. She squealed even more when she saw just how many gifts were under the tree – more for her than A.J. most likely.

 

A.J. smiled, glad to know she’d be distracted by the numerous gifts piled under the tree for awhile. And maybe – just maybe – if he was truly lucky, she’d have forgotten all about her wish for snow.

 

Tesia eagerly tore into each and every gift her brother handed her. She couldn’t believe just how many toys and hats she had received from the jolly old man her brother had taken her to see upon her arrival days earlier.

 

“I love Santa!” Tesia exclaimed, as she hugged one hat to her chest excitedly before placing it on her head. “Looks J.! It matches yours!”

 

“Why, yes it does,” A.J. nodded, as he placed his matching hat upon his own head. “Why, look at us, we’re twins!”

 

Tesia giggled happily, as she ripped the paper off her next present. “Barbie!” She shrieked. “An’ she gots JC on her shirt!”

 

A.J. smacked himself in the head. He should’ve known she’d be most excited over that gift – it was all she’d bee asking for, for months. Well, that amongst a few other things, but that Barbie had been number one on her list since forever!

 

As if the Barbie triggered her memory, Tesia glanced up at her brother hopefully. “Did we get snow, J.?”

 

A.J. sighed heavily, as he shook his head no in response, just as the doorbell began to ring excessively.

 

~~~~~

 

Oh, when the snow comes down

Oh in Tinseltown.

On Christmas Eve you will believe

When the snow comes down in Tinseltown

 

~~~~~

 

“Merry Christmas!” A voice rang out then, causing the little one in the living room to go running.

 

“Nicky! Nicky!” Tesia cried, as she flew into his arms excitedly. “Comes see what Santa brought me!”

 

“Well, I’m sure he brought you plenty,” Nick nodded. “But first….did you check to see if I was right about your wish at all?”

 

“J. saids you were wrong,” Tesia pouted, her eyes filling with tears then. “An’ I wished very hard, just likes you said too, Nicky.”

 

“Aww. Well, I’m sure if you open the present I brought you, you just might cheer up,” Nick said, patting her head, as he handed her the large gift in his hands. “Now, hop to it.”

 

A.J. entered the hallway then, casting the younger man an annoyed look. “You look mighty pleased for someone who just crushed my little sister’s dreams,” he commented. “By the way, Merry Christmas, and what are you doing here? Won’t your folks be peeved?”

 

“Pfft,” Nick scoffed. “I made a promise to someone I’d come visit. And my folks won’t even know I’m gone until much later. They’re too busy with the others at the moment. Anyways, just shut-up and watch, will you? I’m not as stupid as everyone seems to think.”

 

“Nicky, what’s this?” Tesia asked in a confused tone, holding up the – now unwrapped - present he’d given her.

 

Nick smirked. “It’s called a snowsuit, Munchkin. Why don’t we put it on you, and see if it fits, hmm?”

 

“Buts why do I need a snowsuit, Nicky? We gots no snow,” Tesia frowned.

 

“You still trust me, Babe?”

 

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded eagerly. “For now.”

 

Nick chuckled, as A.J. smirked. “Smart girl, you are Tesia.”

 

A.J. watched in silence, as Nick got Tesia dressed in her brand new snowsuit, wondering just what in the world the blond was up to now.

 

“There we go,” Nick nodded finally. “Now, how’s about we go test it out in the front yard?”

 

“Buts Nicky, there’s no snow!” Tesia exclaimed, as if he didn’t already know this. “J. saids so.”

 

“Yes, but did J. even bother looking outside before he said that?” Nick queried, arching an yebrow at her.

 

“Wells…no….” Tesia trailed off.

 

“So, are you going to come outside with me?”

 

Tesia gave him a shy smile, as she nodded quietly.

 

Nick took hold of her hand and eagerly began to lead her outside, turning to stick his tongue out at A.J. just before he opened the front door.

 

A.J. was about to comment, when suddenly Tesia’s little voice rang out in delight.

 

“SNOW!!!!!!!!” Tesia screeched, upon seeing all the fluffy white goodness out in the front lawn. “J.! MY WISHES CAME TRUE!!!!! THEY DIDS!!!! NICKY WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!”

 

A.J. looked past Nick, as he saw Tesia run on outside in her new snowsuit. His jaw almost literally hit the floor when he saw what had her all excited. Sure enough, there on his front lawn, and across the street on the neighbour’s front lawn, was indeed snow.

 

“What in the world….?”

 

“I made a promise, did I not?” Nick smirked at the older man. “You don’t seriously think I’d tell her to make a wish, only to break her heart, do you?”

 

“I--”

 

“Thought I was a bumbling blond idiot, I know,” Nick laughed. “Which makes this all that much sweeter. I finally proved you wrong, after all these years.”

 

“Buts how?”

 

“A.J., we’re Backstreet Boys, remember? Wish us, anything is possible,” Nick stated. “Now, if I were you, I’d go grab your video camera and start filming, before the sun melts this all away on us.”

 

A.J. stood watching dumbfounded, as Nick headed on outside to keep an eye on Tesia, whom was already rolling around in the snow laughing in delight as she did so.

 

“Damn Carter,” he muttered, as he grabbed his coat and gloves, after having had done as the kid had suggested concerning his camera. “I should’ve known he was up to something when he told her to make that crazy ass wish. I should’ve known.”

 

~~~~~

 

Dear Santa,

Thank you.

Thank you for that perfect Christmas day.

Gliding down the streets of Hollywood,

in a one horse open sleigh!

 

~~~~~