- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't know the Backstreet Boys or their families. I wish I did though. Prayers for Baylee and the whole Littrell family! This is my first story, I am so nervous posting it. I am happy to report that Baylee is home....it was Kawasaki's Disease and it affected his heart but he should make a full recovery. (offical Backstreet website for details.)
Prayers are still being said for Baylee and his family in this time of need.

He’s going to be alright now honey. Come to bed. Leighanne whispered, putting her arms around his waist, head on his back.
Brian just shook his head and continued to stare into the room of his sleeping 6 year old son.
Please? She questioned. This caused him to sigh and turn to be face to face with his wife.
Oh Brian, she cried as she saw the tears rolling down his cheeks. She hugged him, and felt as his arms encircled her and he began to sob on her shoulder. Slowly, Leighanne guided him down the hall to their bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed.
He’s fine now Brian. All the doctors said so, that’s why he’s here…
Brian shook his head still staring down and said,
I promised myself, that my kids would never go through what I did…Nobody should…
Brian you couldn’t prevent this. Please, please don’t blame yourself. Baylee never will, I don’t either.
He’s only 6…he should never have had too…
STOP! STOP! Leighanne yelled, taking hold of his head and lifting his chin so their eyes met.
You didn’t do this, it happened, it’s over. He’s ok. Yes it was scary, and yes I wish he didn’t have to go through it either but he did. I love you Brian Thomas. Baylee loves you too. Please, let it go. Tears were now mirroring Brian’s as they flowed down her cheeks.
Brian nodded and gave a weak smile and gave her a kiss.
I love you too, Leigh. Thanks. I am just going to check on him one more time.
Alright sweetheart.

Brian walked back down to his son’s room and walked in. He stood by the bed and watched as he slept. He fixed the blankets and smoothed away the curls that had fallen in his eyes.
He bent over to his ear and whispered,
I love you Baylee Thomas. He then placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.
Thank you God for healing my little boy, he thought as he began to walk out of the room.
I love you too Daddy. A small sleepy voice replied.
Brian looked back to see his son asleep again but a small smile playing on his lips.
Good night Baylee boy. He said and walked out of the room, knowing everything was finally going to be ok.