- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A new chapter, FINALLY! Sorry for the lack of updates I've had a few days off and I've definitely been enjoying it. Enjoy the new chapter. :)
I woke up the next morning with a start, still remembering what happened last night. I walked past Nick's room making my way downstairs, I didn't want to wake him. I was hungry so I decided to make breakfast. I was cracking eggs into the pan when Nick came downstairs unheard.

"Morning." I heard him say as I spun around to say it back dropping the egg in my hand. He was standing in front of me clad in his boxers and what a sight it was not, that I was really looking.

"Um..."

"What?"

"Maybe you should get some clothes on."

"Huh?" He said looking down "Oh...don't have people stay over too often sorry, be back." He said leaving the kitchen going upstairs to put something on

As soon as he left the kitchen I cleaned up the mess and went back to cooking. But my mind was stuck on seeing him like that.

We ate breakfast in silence, I didn't dare bring up what happened earlier. After breakfast we started getting things ready for the cookout that was gonna take place that afternoon. I put Alexis in her playpen that I brought along so we could get things done. I know I was Nick's guest but I wanted to help.

"Need any help?" I asked as he unloaded the groceries he had just bought

He looked up at me and smiled "No I'm good, why don't you go sit down and relax till the party starts?"

"But I wanna help." I said coming up beside him

"Ok can you take these out to the patio for me?" He asked handing me the hamburgers

"Sure." I said sliding open the doors, going outside and sitting them on the grill. I looked out at the ocean, the view was breathtaking.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard him say coming up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder

"Yes it is, it's very beautiful." I said leaning back on him "How long till this cookout starts?"

"Not for a couple of hours why? Did you want to do something?"

"Not really just asking."

"Ok then I'm gonna go back inside and get things ready will you be ok out here?"

"Yeah I'll be fine." I said turning back to him as he went back in the house

I went upstairs to change before the guests came. I slipped into my bikini and matching wrap. I made my way back downstairs hearing whistles as I got to the bottom of the stairs. I knew exactly who it was.

"Hey AJ."

"Hey babe." He said looking me up and down "Looking good."

"Thanks." I said blushing a little

Before this I never had to nerve to wear a bikini that was this revealing, but I figured what the hell. Matt never approved of me wearing such things, well now I didn't have to worry about him. I grabbed a soda out of the cooler and slide the doors to go outside.

"Hey babe." Nick said coming up to me kissing me on the cheek

"Hey." I said looking at all the people that were there "Who are these people?" I asked not taking my eyes off of them as Nick took the soda out of my hand sitting it on the patio table

"I'll introduce you." He said taking my hand in his walking over to the crowd of people. Leighanne was the first to speak up

"Hi. I'm Leighanne Brian's wife."

"Nice to meet you."

"I'm Kristen, I believe you already know Kevin."

"Yeah I know him."

"Daddy..." Baylee said coming up tugging on Brian's pants leg "Who's that?"

"That's Nick's new girlfriend, Deanna."

"She's pretty." He said smiling

"Awww aren't you cute?" I said kneeling down to him

He smiled shyly at me buring his face in Brian's pants leg.

"That would be my son Baylee, he's usually not shy." Brian kneeled down to Baylee "Say hi to Deanna Baylee you just said she was pretty."

"Yeah I don't bite."

"Hi." He said shyly

"And well I believe that's everyone that you didn't meet before."

"I'll be back." I said going in the house

"So that's the famous Deanna huh?" Leighanne asked as Nick nodded in agreement "Yeah that's her isn't she great?"

"Yeah she is, I thought you said she had a daughter?"

"She does."

"Where is she?"

I slide open the patio doors holding a sleepy Aelxis in my arms and Nick smiled when he saw me.

"Here she is now." Nick said walking over to me holding out his arms to Alexis as she went to him "And this little cutie is Alexis."

"Awww, she's so cute." Leighanne said cooing at her causing her to bury her face in Nick's shirt

"Yeah she is aren't you Lexy?" Nick said as she smiled up at him

Nick walked back over to where I was, I was sitting at the table now. He sat opposite from me with Alexis on his lap. I leaned forward and started playing with her as Nick held her.

"Isn't that a sight?" Leighanne whispered to Brian

"What's a sight?"

"That." She said pointing over to me and Nick "You would think they were married the way they were acting."

"Yeah, well Nick really cares about her so who knows."

Brian shrugged and looked over at his best friend and his grilfriend, she made him happy and that's all that mattered.