- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Two updates in one day, how good am I? LOL.
You know the drill R&R, please and thank you! :)
I spent the next couple of days thinking about what I wanted to do. It can't be that hard to make a decision, can it? Then again considering the welfare of my daughter and what it could and would do to her if he were to leave. But I would never know if I didn't try.

I had given Alexis her bath and put her to bed. I sat at the kitchen table with the phone in front of me, deciding whether or not to call him. I took a deep breath and picked up the phone dialing his number.

Nick was dead to the world, he was trying to get some sleep before the awards show they had to go to that night but he was waken up by his cell ringing. He groaned turning on his back putting his arm over his eyes. He was hoping whoever it was would just give up and hang up, but the ringing continued. He uncovered his eyes and leant over to the nightstand to pick it up. He flipped it open and answered not even seeing who it was.

"Hello?" He asked in a sleepy voice his eyes still closed

"Nick?" I asked hoping I wasn't interrupting anything

"Dee?" He asked opening his eyes sitting up resting against the headboard of the bed

"Yeah it's me. Am I interrupting something?"

"No." He said rubbing his eyes and yawned "I was getting some sleep before the awards show. Or trying to."

"Oh...I'm sorry you want me to let you go?"

"No it's ok. Really, is everything ok?"

"Yeah everything is fine, Alexis is fine too."

"That's good."

"Yeah but thats not why I called you. I called you to tell you that I thought about what you said."

"You mean about us?"

"Yeah us..." I let my words hang in the air for a moment "I just hope I'm doing the right thing because I don't want to get hurt again."

"Trust me." He said sitting up further "I would never hurt you Dee, never. I'm not like that."

"I know..." I wondered if he could ehar the uncertainty in my voice

"I don't want to force you Dee. If your not ready then your not ready. I like you and I want to be there for you and Alexis, take care of you, love you, that is if you'll let me."

I sat and listened to him talk, he wanted to take care of me and he loved me? Wow wasn't expecting that one.

"Dee are you still with me?"

"Yeah I'm here."

"Maybe I shouldn't have said the L word huh?"

"No it's not that it's just it's been quite a while since I've had that said to me. But when I hear someone say it I want them to mean it, really mean it Nick."

"I know this sounds crazy but I do mean it Dee. I'm falling in love with you and I want to be with you always. I just hope that in time you can learn to trust me."

I smiled when I heard him say that, he was really too sweet.

"Ok Nick."

"Ok...? Ok what?"

"Ok as in let's give us a try, I'm willing to try if you are."

"Really? Are you sure? Because if your not we can..."

I cut him off "Nick I'm sure I really need to learn to trust again and I'm hoping that person will be you."

"I hate to cut this short but we've been talking for almost an hour now, and I really need to get some sleep before this show. So um...I guess I'll call you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah ok tomorrow, sweet dreams."

"They will be." He said smiling "Night Dee."

"Night Nick."

I hung up and smiled as I got up from the table. The only thing I wasn't sure of was this long distance thing, but I'm guessing it will all be worth it. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch picking up the remote. I flipped through a couple channels till I found something worth watching.

Nick's Point of View:

I hung up my phone and placed it on the nightstand. She said yes, I knew she would. I was going to get her to trust me no matter what I had to do. I wasn't going to break her heart not like her ex-husband did, no way. I cared for her, no I love her. I layed back down putting my hands behind my head staring up at the ceiling. There was no way I was going to sleep now, not with her on my mine. I got up with a blanket in hand and sat on the couch turning on the TV. I fell asleep like that.

But it wasnt long after that I was waken up again, not by the phone this time, but by pounding on my door. It was Kevin yelling at me to get my ass up and ready.

"Ok!" I yelled as I got up and headed to the bathroom. I washed up and got dressed. I met the guys down at the limo waiting for us, I climbed in and sat next to Brian.

"Hey Nick." Brian said giving me a playful smile

"Hey B."

"You look rested." Brian said as he watched me yawn

"Yeah well I was waken up twice." I said giving Kevin a look as the limo pulled off

"Twice? You mean besides Kev?"

"Uh huh....Dee called me." I said looking out the window

"Oh she did? What did she want?"

"Just to tell me that she tought about what I said and that she was willing to give us a try." I said turning around to look at my best freind

"Oh really?"

"Yeah but shes really scared to get hurt again. How do I make her see that I wouldn't do that to her?"

"Just let her know your there for her and tell her you love her, thats what I do with Leighanne. And look at us." He said smiling looking over at Leighanne who was sitting beside him

"I've been telling her that for the past couple of days but it feels like she doesn't want to hear it."

"Nick listen to me, shes been hurt ok? It's going to take her a while to trust you let alone love you. And it might not only be herself shes worried about, it could be her daughter too."

"Alexis?"

"Yeah she has a child with another man, a man who left her and Alexis, I'm betting she doesn't want you to hurt her like her father did."

"You know me B I wouldn't do that."

"I know that but Dee doesn't, we know you inside and out. We know all the good and bad things about you. Just give her time and she will learn to love the person, the man that we love like a brother." Brian said putting his hand on me shoulder as I looked at him

"Thanks Brian."

"No problem Nicky, you know were all here for you." Brian said patting my shoulder

We arrived at the show moments later. All five of us got out and made our way inside. We walked up the red carpet, people screaming, cameras flashing. Lucky for me I was used to this. Reporters were asking us questions left and right. One question was directed towards me and I didn't hear it the first time.

"I'm sorry what was your question again?" I asked over the loud screams of the people

"We were just wondering how come you don't have a date."

"Well..." I said thinking about if I wanted to tell this guy I was seeing somebody "She couldn't be here with me tonight."

I didn't really want to say that but it was too late the reporters wanted to know who I was talking about.

"She? And who might this she be Nick?"

"Let's just say shes a good friend at the moment." I said as my bodyguard pushed mr to get going

"What the hell was that?" Kevin asked when we got inside

"What was what?" I asked looking at Kevin

"That out there, who is she?"

"None of your business."

"You are my business Nick, when you go around talking about a woman that can't be here with you I make it my business."

"Just a girl I met."

"A girl you met? And where did you meet her?"

"Kevin don't..."

Kristen pulled on his arm "Nick will tell us when he's ready, lets just take our seats."

"Alright..." Kevin said giving me one last look then letting Kristen pull him away

"Don't worry about him." Brian came up behind me as Kevin and Kristin went to their seats "You can tell him when your ready, come on." He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked to our seats.