- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A new story I'm working on. Yes, I'm horrible for starting a bunch of projects and either not really finishing them or posting their updates every once in a blue moon or so, but I'm hoping to pick back up again. I kinda had this phase where I just wanted to stop writing altogether, but I couldn't do it (haha) and working on this story will hopefully help bring me outta that funk. Well, here's a short prologue as my mini teaser, hope ya'll will read, enjoy, give feedback and just anticipate more. =]

Mark 11: 25 - And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

It’s my… seventh day in rehab I believe, and my typing progress hasn’t really changed. I’m still at less than twenty words per minute. My mom has come to visit me today. She said I’m making great progress, though I fail to see what she means. Today was board game day and we decided to play Scrabble. Playing that game made me really frustrated because it made me realize something… I can’t spell some words as quickly and efficiently as I used to. I even remember getting stuck spelling this one simple word. Since I know this is my personal journal and no one will ever see this, I think I can go ahead and say that I’m glad that the computer program has the automatic spell check thing that helps correct your misspelled words automatically. Like I just spelt “mispelt” instead of misspelled, and I was able to correct it.

Now since I see I’ve typed a lot in my first paragraph, I think it’s time for me to make a second paragraph. Anyway, did you notice my new scripture up top? I had asked my mom to find me a new scripture, because as you know I have to start off my journals with a new scripture, and she gave me this one. She said she got it from google. I think it’s a good one. With each passing day, I find myself reflecting more on scripture and I really feel like I’m getting closer to God. I’m beginning to allow myself accept the fact that I had forgiven them. I guess I should clarify that. When I forgave them, there was sincerity behind it. I learned my lesson, and honestly if there was no sincerity or truth behind my forgiveness, then I wouldn’t be here. I’m just having a hard time trying to grasp the fact that I actually forgave them, after all they did to me and put me through.

Some people still ask me how I could have ever forgave them for what they did to me, I mean part of me wonders that too. But I’ve come to realize that the old me would have seek revenge on them rather than turn the other cheek… the new me realized that forgiveness saved my life.