- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't know how much I will be able to update this so please just hang in there guys.
She loved Alex from the first time she met. She had a crush before that, just like thousands of other girls. Unlike those other girls they didn't share the same birthday, they also didn't get to see him with his girlfriends up close and making out almost all the time, thankfully that didn't happen much on the tour buses she was on with Mandi and the boys, Denise made sure that his girlfriend was almost always sleeping on a different bus. It hurt but at least she could look at him.
Also unlike those other girls, their best friend wasn't the cousin of a Backstreet Boy.
It had taken a few years for anything to really happen between her and Alex. She remembered when everything changed for the worse, Nick had dumped Mandi and no one really understood why because Alex told her what Jane had told his mother about Mandi turning Nick down and he was even confused so he was staying out and she thought it was a good idea to do too. Of course it have to have happen after something wonderful for her had happened.
Then Mandi ended up marrying Walter, the second boyfriend from the trade school Mandi went to. She had no clue why her best friend was going to be with this guy forever. She knew he wasn't right for Mandi, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything to her about not even their other best friend Jennifer could. They both wanted to see Mandi happy and they thought maybe he did make her happy, but they both knew the love would never be as strong as the love she held for Nick.
7 years flew by pretty fast, Jen and Mandi couldn't see each other much and their friend Jennifer's husband joined the Army and she had to go wherever they sent her husband. The trio seemed to almost fall apart. Not one of the girls knew how bad things had gotten for the others. Mandi was dealing with Walter treating her and kids like shit, Jen fell into some drug issues, and Jennifer well we'll wait on that story. But when Jen and Mandi finally got to spend more time together, Walter and Mandi where getting into fights daily and even throwing things at each other. So when Jen and Mandi looked up tour dates for The Backstreet Boys to see where they were going, and the magical date August 14th at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, the girls screamed with excitement. Mandi called Walter's father and asked if they could stay down there for the show. He agreed and the girls bought the tickets.
As the time got closer Mandi wanted to look good for the show and get to see her cousin. She also wanted Nick to see what he had passed up on. She had Jen cut her long red hair and she even dyed it Black! She saved out some cash and got her hair done in cornrows and she looked hot! Even Walter was being good to her. Yep she wasn't just turning heads, she was breaking necks.
But when the girls went to the concert Walter had finally told his family that, he was done and leaving Mandi. He said it was over and nothing or no one could change his mind. So you can imagine how Mandi felt after having a great time at the show and finding out he was leaving her. She honestly should have been happy but it was another rejection. Jen's heart broke again for her best friend of 18 years. Why couldn't Mandi be happy? She called Jan and asked if she could get them Brian's number, it was very important.
When Jan called back and gave Jen the number she heard yelling in the back ground. It made her worried about her daughter and the kids.
Jen told Mandi to wait until everyone else was asleep. That didn't happen until 4am. Then the call that did change everything took place. So many thoughts ran through Jen's head. Is Alex going to remember me? Will he think I'm pretty? Will he have a girlfriend? Will Nick be nice to Mandi? Is everything going to change again? Will things finally happen the way we wanted them too? Will Alex remember that night we had? Just so many things to deal with all at once.
Before she knew it they where standing in front of Brian who she had never seen looked pissed off before, and it scared her. 'Thank fucking God Kevin isn't here, Walter would be killed by one look!' Jen thought to herself even though it wouldn't have been a bad idea.