- Text Size +
"Girl if you don't start taking better of yourself, I'm going to have you committed," Erica told her best friend Bella. "You just had the flu last week it seems," Erica handed Bella a bottle of water and two Tylenol.

"I don't know what my problem is? I can count more days I've felt like death than day's I've felt good. And you know me, I can usually turn any crappy day into a cheerful BS day." I set the water down and picked my guitar back up.

"You're not having a relapse are you?" Erica asked with concern.

"NO. Just a cold."

"Well, rest and vitamin C! When do you find out who you're touring with?" Erica folded her legs under her, pushed back her blonde hair and picked up magazine that lay on the coffee table.

"Tomorrow, maybe tonight."

"Wow, I'm going to miss you so much. You better not forget about me when you're a big rock star."

"Please."

"Hey, I thought I was going to lose you when you started dating pop boy." She threw around the words as she flipped through the People magazine. Knowing who Erica was talking about, Bella's heart skipped a beat and her stomach sank.

"You never were going to lose me. Besides I was trying to hook you up with Alex."

"Hmm, yeah he's still pretty sexy. But I have Trey now." She smirked. "And you have some kick ass songs thanks to that whole Carter drama." The sinking feeling came again and once again, Bella imagined what things would be like if she hadn't screwed things up.

"Stop." Erica said in a tone that brought Bella back to planet Earth.

"What?" Bella asked innocently.

"Yeah don't give me that. Stop thinking about him."

"I screwed up."

"I know that."

"Thanks," Bella said sarcastically. Erica never was one to sugar coat things, but either was Bella.

"What do you want? The whole thing is so screwy. You two were completely head over heels for each other for two years. Then you just break up with him out of no where. You didn't cheat on him, he didn't cheat on you. You never fought, you couldn't keep your hands off each other. So what you were sick for a while and are still being treated; but Nick couldn't love you any less. Perhaps just more."

"I don't want to get into this anymore."

"It has been over a year since you broke up."

"Don't you have dinner plans with Trey?" Bella asked now annoyed.

"There you go changing topics and running away again." She stood up. "But you're right I have to go. Let me know about the tour as soon as you find out. And SLEEP! No working out, no cleaning, you don't even need to be singing or playing your guitar."

"Yes, Mom." Erica had always been the more adult friend. Bella wanted to be free and Erica often referred her to as the flower child of rock and roll.

"Love you, I'd hug you but I don't want to catch your cold. I have to paint this whole mural thing tomorrow."

"Love you. Tell Trey I said hi." Bella smiled and watched her friend disappear to the front door. Bella continued to strum on her old guitar for a little longer and after working on one song that meant the world to her, her cell phone rang next to her.

"Hello?" She answered, clearing her throat after.

"Bella Antanelli?"

"This is she."

"Hi, I'm your manager's secretary, Amy House."

"Hello, what can I do for you?"

"I have your tour dates for you and times for you to meet before leaving."

"Oh great! I was hoping I'd find out tonight." Bella tried to keep back her excitement, the whole thing was surreal to her.

"Well, you'll be starting in two weeks, Monday June first for the summer tour."

"And whom will I be touring with."

"The Backstreet Boys."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Excuse me, who did you say I was touring with?" Bella could feel her heart flutter.

"Just the biggest pop boy band ever! Sorry I have loved them since I was little. Howie D, love him! Now he's married and expecting a baby. Anyway, you need to meet next Tuesday, eight am at the Tower. You'll be given your schedule full and start planning what songs you'll be singing for the opening act."

"Th-thank you," Bella stuttered.

"Any other questions I could help you with?"

"No thank you. Is Julie busy today?" Bella asked referring to her manager.

"Out of town. She'll be back Sunday night. Did you need to leave a message?"

"No thank you," Bella decided against asking about finding another tour to join but knew she had no say for being a rookey that she was.

"Alright then. You have a good evening."

"Thanks you too," her voice trailed off and she closed her cell phone.
~*~*~*~*~
"You said WHO was our opening act?" Nick raised his voice at the long table as him and the other three band mates sat on the long table in the air conditioned room.

"Isabella Antanelli, she's an amazing singer and-"

"And we have no say?" Nick cut off their tour manager.

"Nick you'll never see her unless you want to," Brian tried to reason with his friend.

"Right." Nick rolled his eyes.

"You know you want her to succeed. You're the reason why she's in this business." A.J. told him.

"Exactly, she used me!"

"Nick, if you really have a problem with this, then we can perhaps find someone else." Ellen their manger spoke softly, hoping to calm Nick down.

"Whatever," Nick crossed his arms in front a let out a sigh.

"Nick we leave in two weeks, it's going to be hard to find someone." Brian told him.

"I said whatever. Like you said, I don't have to see her unless I want to, and I don't!" Brian, Howie and A.J. all knew how bad Bella had broken Nick's heart. The guy was ready to propose to her and she just left him, a single note that I'm sorry, the promise ring he had given her and her bags were packed up from their house in L.A.
~*~*~*~
"Karma!" Erica screeched over the phone. The next day Bella had called Erica giving her the news.

"I have to sing my songs that I wrote about HIM!"

"Well, good. They are amazing songs!"

"Erica, I can't do this."

"You can do it and you will. Or you'll just end up having another regret to add to your list." Erica knew that would be a low blow to Bella because she hatted having regrets and the only one she ever had was breaking up with Nick and not telling him the truth; whatever that be. Life was too short and she did her best to live every day as if it were her last; although she felt that it was impossible without Nick in her life.

"How about you come with me."

"B I can't. I have the museum and shows coming up."

"I know."

"I'll be coming to your home town shows okay?"

"Yeah."

"Alright I have to get back to work but you and I will be getting together to celebrate! You're going on TOUR be excited!"

"I am." Bella said trying to ignore the uneasiness she felt.