- Text Size +
“Do you think that was smart?” Brian asked Nick angrily getting on the tour bus to head to Fort Lauderdale. Nick knew he was referring to both the song they sang together and mostly the kiss at the end.

“You don’t understand Brian. We had a long talk yesterday; there are things I didn’t know, things no one knew.” Nick ignored the stares from everyone else and moved to sit down in the lounge area.

“How about you fill us in then.” Brian stated sitting next to Nick. “We have a two hour drive.” The guys sat around with Nick and Nick began explaining the day before events.

“So she really did it out of trying to protect me. You guys need to give her a break, we still love each other and I think we’re going to try things again.”

“Wow,” was all Brian could say. “I owe her an apology.”

“So, she’s in remission? That means she’s okay?”

“As long as she is for three more years…so if anyone is sick, you have to make sure not to be near her.” Nick explained.

“Damn, she’s like the Boy in the Bubble, except she’s a girl,” A.J. commented and Howie slapped him upside the head. “What?!” He yelled.

“Alright Nick, I’m sorry. We’ll give her another chance. We know how much she means to you.” Brian told his best friend.

“Thanks,” Nick said sincerely.
The next day, everyone was around the arena setting up for that’s nights show. Bella was looking at her set list and talking to one of the Backstreet dancer’s she had made friends with. Nick came up from behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Hey!” He yelled scaring her.

“Nick! Don’t do that to me!” She squeaked and turned around.

“Sorry, I’d say I’d never do it again but that would be a lie. You have a minute?” He asked looking between her and Kayla.

“Sure, I’ll see ya later Kay, okay?”

“Sure thing. Later Nick,” she smiled and walked away.

“What’s up?” Bella asked.

“I wanted to talk to you about last night.”

“Good, because I did too.” She looked him in the eye, his arms still around her waist.

“Was I out of line?” Nick asked hoping for her to say no.
Bella was quiet for a moment and then shook her head, “No, it felt right.” She admitted.

“I thought so too. Bella, I’m in love with you and that feeling isn’t going to go away. Especially now that I have you back and now that you’ve been opened up to me.”

“I’m in love with you too Nick…are you saying you want to-“

“Give us another try?” He cut her off.

“You want to despite everything? Even what may come?”

“I want to be in your life one hundred percent.”

“You’d really take me back?”

“It’s if you’ll have me.”

“Absolutely,” she grinned.

“Yeah?” Nick asked double checking. Bella pulled Nick’s face to hers and kissed him hard. “I guess that’s a yes.” Nick smiled and held her tighter giving her a kiss back.

“I guess we’re back together?” Brian asked walking up to the two who were smiling like idiots.

“Yeah,” Bella said quietly. She always felt nervous around Brian since she left Nick. She knew he didn’t think too much of her.

“Bella, I want to apologize for the way I’ve treated you. I jumped to conclusions before I knew everything.”

“Brian you don’t have – ”

“I do, so let me. It wasn’t fair and you and I were pretty good friends while you and Nick were together and I’d like that back.”

“Aww, really?” Bella asked touched.

“Yes.”

“Of course Brian! You know I love you!” She pulled him in for a hug. “What a great day!” She beamed. Nick patted Brian on the shoulder and Brian nodded his head.

“So, Howie was surfing on the web last night and the song you two sang last night was a hit and everyone is requesting it for future shows.” Brian told them.

“Really?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, it’s a great song and you two were great.”

“What do you think Bells?” Nick asked.

“I think if our fans our asking, we better give,” she smiled.

“Okay, well, I’m going to go relax a little and call Leigh Ann before the show. See you guys tonight.” Brian smiled and walked away.

“You want to go watch a movie before the show?” Bella asked Nick.

“Would love to,” Nick took her hand and the two walked to Bella’s tour bus.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“I am not doing that ride,” Nick said, crossing his arms. The group had decided to go to Walt Disney World the next day they had off.

“Stop being a baby,” Bella teased Nick. “You did Space Mountain fine, you can do Rail Road Mountain or whatever this is.”

“Yes, but this you can see where you are. I’m going to sit this one out. You go with A.J. he loves this ride.” Nick took a seat on a bench. “I’ll buy your guys’ picture when it’s done.”

“I’ll hang with Nick,” Brian told Bella and A.J. Howie was his wife Leigh out in the park.

“Thanks Frick,” Nick grinned. “Have fun,” Nick waved. Bella slung her arm though A.J.’s and the two walked into line.

“Things are good with you and Nicky I see,” A.J. asked Bella. She smiled ear from ear at the mention of Nick’s name.

“We’re good, hey look Kayla and Roxy.” Bella bounded over to the two dancers from the show. “Hey girls!”

“Bella, A.J,” Roxy smiled. “Where are trouble one and trouble two?” She asked referring to Nick and Brian.

“Being babies,” Bella laughed. “Oh, look we’re next!”I told A.J.

“Huh, what?” He asked and I caught him staring at Roxy.

“I said, I want to ride Kayla that okay?” Bella asked knowing A.J. had a thing for Roxy.

“If that’s what you want. We’ll see you after the ride.” A.J. moved next to Roxy who then began making small talk. Bella and Kayla climbed into the ride and the safety bar went down.

“Ready?” Kayla asked with excitement.

“So, ready! I love roller coasters!”

“Me too!” Kayla beamed and the ride jerked forward. Half way through ride and the screams Bella began to have hot flashes and everything would go dark and then appear again. Out of reflects, her hand moved to Kayla’s arm and she squeezed it.

“You alright Bella?”Kayla yelled over the screams in the train.

“Just a little dizzy, I think,” Bella said, her eyes were closed.

“The ride is almost done, hang in there.” Kayla squeezed her new friend’s hand. The ride came to a stop finally and they saw the other train with A.J. and Roxy on it take off.

“Get me off this thing,” Bella said pushing the safety bar up. Roxy climbed out and went to gather her purse. Bella stood up, her legs felt shaky and she couldn’t figure out why she was having the reaction to this ride. As she went to step out, she placed her right foot between the wooden deck and where the train rested on the track. The wave of dizziness and extreme weakness hit her and she felt her legs buckle under her. Her right leg twisted around as she fell hard.

“Bella!” Kayla knelt down and the ride conductor saw and came over to the two girls.

“Let’s get her away from the ride,” the young man, looking about eighteen told Kayla. The two took her from under her arms and began to pull her away.

“My leg!” Bella yelled and the two stopped pulling.

“Pick her up!” Kayla told the guy and he did setting her back on the ground. Another worker had already started loading the train to get it going so when the next one came back there would be no problems.

“I’ll get some help,” the boy told the girls and Kayla knelt behind Bella so she could lean against her. The boy went over to is station and picked up a walky talky to get help.

“Bella what happened?” Kayla asked.

“I just got dizzy as I stepped off, I didn’t step far enough out I guess,” she closed her eyes and suck in a deep breath.

“Do you think you broke your leg? You twisted it pretty good.”

“I don’t know, I don’t think I felt anything snap, it just hurts badly. Mostly my knee.”

“You’re pretty pale sweetie; we’re going to get you some help. Just try to relax.” Kayla said trying to soothe Bella. The previous train came back and A.J. and Roxy got off. They saw the two girls on the ground and made their way over to them.

“What happened?” A.J. asked with concern and Kayla explained calmly to make sure that Bella wouldn’t get upset. A minute later, a paramedic came up with a wheel chair and an orange bag.

“I need Nick,” Bella’s voice was small like a child’s and they knew she was doing everything not to panic.

“Hi, I’m Chris, what’s your name?” The paramedic asked putting a blood pressure cuff on her arm.

“Bella.”

“Bella, you felt faint when you got off the ride. Did
you feel that way during the ride?”

“Yeah, but I haven’t had any problems on rides before.” Bella explained.

“Alright. Sometimes if your blood pressure or sugar level is low, it can cause problems like this. Do you have any medical history?” He asked now writing on a clip board.

“I have Hodgkin’s disease but it’s controlled right now.”

“Okay and on medicines?” He jotted down notes and Bella rambled off two medicines she took daily and the vitamins she took. “What I want to do, is get your leg stable, we’ll take you down in this fancy wheel chair and get you to the hospital to get looked at.”

“NO ambulance!” Bella yelled.

“We’ll make sure she gets there,” A.J. said.

“Bella, please sign here, just letting us release you and put your birth date on that line,” Chris pointed out.

“We’ll go down and get Nick Bella,” Kayla told her and she and Roxy stood up. Chris began to proceed to dig into his bag and pull out two pieces of cardboard and a large ace bandage to stabilize Bella’s leg.

“You doing okay Doll?” A.J. asked Bella who was now leaning on him.

“I’m doing,” she smiled. Chris finished wrapping her leg up and pushed over the wheel chair and propped up the right food rest.

“Bells?” Nick’s voice came from behind them. He came through the exit and knelt down by her. “Are you okay?” His eyes furrowed together examining her up and down.

“I’m fine,” she lied biting her lip and Nick knew she was lying.

“Okay if I could have you two lift her into the wheel chair, I’ll hold her leg stable and we’ll get her down the ramp.” Chris instructed to A.J. and Nick. Bella put an arm around each of their necks and Chris placed a hand by her ankle and her knee. “On three, one, two, three,” they all lifted and put her down. Nick watched as Bella brought her hands to her face.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Nick pulled her hands away gently to look in her eyes. “You light headed still?”

“A little,” she nodded.

“You’re okay, we’re going to get you looked at.” He kissed her cheek and Chris then pushed her down the ramp. Bella ignored all of the eyes on her the entire time; she wanted to get out of the park.

“You guys stay here; have fun for a few more hours. We’ll probably be stuck in the E.R. for a while and have another car sent back.” Nick told the gang.

“You sure?” Brian asked.

“Yeah, she’d feel overwhelmed too I think.”

“Okay, well the car is right at the entrance, I called it over ten minute ago.”

“Thanks Rok,” Nick nodded and followed Chris and Bella.

“Okay just give this to the doctor when you get there, it has your stats when I first saw you.” Chris said pushing Bella up to the black SUV that Nick walked up to.

“Thank you,” Nick said taking the piece of paper, folded it up and put it in his back pocket. The driver had opened the backseat door. Nick picked Bella up and carefully slid her in the back seat, shook Chris’ hand and got in himself. He sat next to her so she could lean on him during the ride.

“Nick?”

“Yeah?” He asked looking down at her face; he was stroking her hair back and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“It started like this last time. This is twice in the last two months I got this dizzy and fainted.”

“It could’ve been the heat, it’s pretty hot today. Just relax pretty girl.” Nick said calmy but he was thinking the exact same thoughts in his head.