- Text Size +

I groaned as the phone rang shattering my light sleep and causing my head to start pounding.
"What?" I growled into the phone.
"Richards what do you want." Sims said nervously. I couldn't help but smile.
"OK, you got a pen? My car paid off, a Mercedes C-Class convertible. No I changed my mind," I could hear him exhale, "Enough money to buy me a new house. A BEACH house."
"Wait one damn minute."
"Oh OK. Well find someone else to do it."
"NO! OK OK, how big a beach house?" He said tentatively.
"Oh let's see, the one I liked the most was 600,000."
"I can't come up with that kind of money!"
"Well I would be having a yard sale then. Or of course you could always get someone else. If that is all, I would like to go back to sleep."

"Fuck. Fine you got it." I didn't answer I just hung up the phone. I had a busy day and a massive hang over to deal with. I slowly climbed from bed and I tried to keep from jarring my head too much. I made my way to the bathroom before my head started pounding again.

Two hours later I was loading my truck up with everything that I would need. I finally felt half way back to normal. I was probably half drunk again but I didn't really care. I checked and rechecked my equipment and then went back in to check for anything that could be called a loose end. Once satisfied with everything I climbed into my truck and started my 4-hour trip to Orlando. It was noon and I was planning on making it to Orlando before dusk, if traffic was decent. I looked over the material I had gathered as well as the material I had written down from the meager amount of information from Sims. I pulled into Eagles Landing Subdivision fifteen minutes after four. Sims hadn't given me much information but within 2 hours of knowing his name I knew credit card numbers, phone numbers, cell phone numbers, associates, friends, and his next week's schedule. I smiled and pulled into the house across from his and pulled out the equipment I would need for the next few hours. I watched as he went on his nightly routine. If I felt necessary I would wait until tomorrow to finish the job; but if I could acquire enough information from just watching tonight then I would take him tonight. I laughed as the night went on. He was very helpful in helping me learn where everything was in the house. All his blinds were open. Sometime after 10, he retired to bed and I knew that he could be taken without trouble tonight.