- Text Size +
There I was, 20 years old feeling like I had accomplished so much in my life at such a young age with nothing to show for it. I couldn’t get a job and I just got rejected for the first time in my life at something I had always been good at. I felt like I had hit a wall and was losing an up hill battle. After I took some time feeling sorry for myself I started to re-evaluate my life. Why was I beating myself up so much? Think of everything I had gone through in my life up to now. I couldn’t let this stand in my way. I had to figure out a way to move on from this just like I had everything else. I was good at coming with new plans and this was no exception.

It took some time but eventually I discovered what I wanted to do. However, it was the complete opposite of what I had done in the past and I was scared to tell anyone what I wanted to do. They would probably think I was crazy. But I knew deep down this was something I would be good at and the least I could do was try. I had done some personal aptitude tests to find out what my best traits were and just like I had predicted I was a Type A personality. Super organized, a little anal at times and surprisingly somewhat social. I knew that over the years I was slowly opening myself up more and more but I still considered myself to be shy and quite. I knew deep down if I just tried I could open myself up and be more social.

This brings me to the next turn in my life. I applied for the Event Management Program at local College. Yep you heard me – Event Management. I loved the concept of being able to have fun while you work. Imagine putting all your organization and creative skills into planning someone’s wedding? I never knew there even was a job like that out there! But to my surprise I got accepted! This time around I was determined to make it count. I knew the program was way more hands on so I would gain all the experience I needed to hopefully get a job out of it. But little did I know how much more I would really be in store for when I started the program. And this is where my journey really begins.