- Text Size +
In Public
By Resa Dorough

CHAPTER 1
Like any other cruise; that was it. Like all the others. I sighed as I finished packing up my bag. The ever famous, ever wonderful, and ever eventful Lupus cruise. Was I going as a guest this year? Nope. I and my bestest friend, had a job for DLF or better yet, The Dorough Lupus Foundation; photographer and webmasters. It was nice. I got to go to all these functions and events and really all I had to do was snap pictures or record. And afterwards, I created an awesome page for it. And above all else, you got to meet some of the coolest people. Oh, not to mention Howie. Yes, I did spend time with him. In fact, he was probably one of my best friends.

"Oh Tre, you ready?"

"Yup. Got all the cameras?"

"Check."

"Kay Amber. Let's go." I walked out of my bedroom and smiled at her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just sorta tired."

"Of what?"

"These events." She held open the car door and I smiled. "Don't be given me those looks."

"I feel ya G, but now, we're on the other side!" I laughed and shook my head.

"I realize that Amber, but you know just as well as I do that these cruises can be so very annoying." She shrugged and tore out of the parking lot. Living in Miami was nice. You really were never far from any of the events. I turned my attention outside once again, being lost in my own world.

"Tre...Tre...yo, Theresa."

"What?"

"G, you're cell phone is going off." I frowned and dug around in my purse till I found it. I glanced at the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey sexy."

“Hey sweetie. Where you two at?”

“Probably about 15 minutes away, why D?”

“Cause everyone is already here and we’re waiting on you.”

“Oh, so sorry Howie.” He laughed at that. “You go check in so you don’t get mobbed. Amber and I should be in soon enough and I’ll call you.”

“Okay, fair enough I suppose.”

“Do you have much of a choice?” Amber glanced over at me and I shook my head.

“See you in a little while babe.”

“Bye sexy.” I hung my phone and sighed. “He’s whacked, I tell you.”

-----
I stepped back and took a few pictures of the boat, smiling to myself. It was one of the biggest ships I had ever been on.

“Grand, isn’t it?” I stood still for a moment and snapped another picture.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful. I thought I told you to stay on board.”

“I haven’t been on it yet. Been waiting for you. Amber told me you were taking pictures.”

“You know, I wonder about you D.” He shrugged and slipped his arm around my waist.

“I still get a hug, right?”

“I suppose.” I slipped my arms around his neck and gave him a small squeeze.

“Thank you Theresa, for coming on this cruise. Angie had told me you were really debating about coming on.”

“Yeah. But, it’s my job to keep the camera snapping in your face. You know, I can’t miss chances to annoy you.”

“You and a few other people.”

“Come on sexy, before they kill me if you get mobbed.”

-----
I stopped just inside the room, shaking my head as the first few fans walked in, shocked to be here. They would stop, giggle, gawk or just swoon. Was HE here? Nah, not yet, thank God. I wasn’t ready to deal with screams.

“Yo, G, cover this, please?”

“Why Tre?”

“I need to talk to him.” She nodded her head and snapped a few shoots. I snapped a few of Angie and Laura working before I headed out. They shook their heads afterward, knowing I would print those pictures.

“Where you going?” I stopped right outside the doors and turned to see Howie and John standing there, talking.

“To find you D.”

“Good luck than.” I rolled my eyes and walked up to him, slipping my arm around his waist.

“Lookin’ good John.”

“I do try, you know.”

“Of course I know. You call me all the time to complain.” He laughed and gave me a small hug.

“I’m gonna go bug the ladies. You’re safe right D? She won’t attack you.” I glanced from him to Howie and saw a smirk appear on D’s face.

“Not unless I tell her to.” I slapped his chest and shook my head.

“You let too many things go to your head.”

“Maybe. Anyways, why did you come looking for me?”

“Why?”

“Yeah, why Theresa.”

“Cause I didn’t want to snap pictures like that. Do you know how boring that would be?” He laughed and led me to the stair case.

“Have I ever told you just how priceless you are?” I thought for a moment and frowned.

“Nope, not that I can recall.”

“Good.” He stopped and looked at me.

“What?”

“Nothing.” I glanced around me and looked back at him.

“What Howie?”

“Nothing. Geez, someone is paranoid.”

“If you would stop looking at me like that, I wouldn’t be…” I trailed off as his lips captured mine. He backed me up against the wall, his right hand capturing my upper arm and his left hand working its way along my waist. I gasped, never once thinking Howie would ever do this, and most certainly not where we might get caught. He pulled away, a groan escaping my lips and a smirk playing along his.

“Never thought that would happen?” I could merely shake my head. He pressed his body against mine once more as his lips captured mine, his tongue seeking out mine. One hand entangled itself in his hair; the other was clawing at his back. He pulled away, leaving me in a state of sheer bliss. “See ya later sexy.” He winked and gave me a soft kiss before he climbed the stairs to his floor. I stared at the wall, not believing that just happened to me.

~*~ See its this thing (Kelis)/ I like bein seen outside I'm my ride (Your tasty)/ I like it everywhere (cookies tasty)/ (Tasty) (Ohh Yeah Let's Go)/ ~*~