- Text Size +
CHAPTER 11
A couple hours later, I felt a hand slide along my waist and almost screamed. He sneaked behind me and his breath tickled my ear.
“Don’t be alarmed.”
“I’m not.”
“If I didn’t tell you tonight, you look amazing.”
“Thank you. So, do I get a name, or does sexy just work?” I turned around in his arms and got lost in the sea of green.
“Rick, but to be honest, I love sexy.”
“Than it’s my nick name for you tonight.” His arms tightened around my waist and he pulled me tight against his chest.
“And do I get the pleasure of your name?”
“Resa.”
“Short for something?”
“Theresa.”
“That’s a gorgeous name, why shorten it?”
“It’s just what all my friends always called me.”
“Sorry honey, I love Theresa a whole lot better than Resa. And seeing you in that outfit, Theresa just fits.” I had to duck my head, hoping he wouldn’t see the blush that was on my cheeks. I turned my head slightly, and caught sight of Howie, glaring at us. Oh well, let him see there was others out there for me. “Is that an ex I should be concerned about?”
“Him? The man at the table?”
“Yes. The one who keeps giving me daggers?”
“Nothing to be worried about. Besides, you could take him on.” I glanced up at him and smiled. He winked back and I realized that I was enjoying that way too much, but, than again, it also reminded me of Howie and how he started charming me. I frowned at that. I was not supposed to be thinking about Howie. He was out of my system, damn it.
“Well, honey, I gotta head back to work. I’m off in two hours, I’ll see you later.” I nodded my head and felt his lips brush mine. He winked as he walked away, but I frowned. That kiss didn’t feel right, and to be honest with myself, this whole flirting didn’t feel right. Sure, I was doing it to get back at Howie, but I was not the one to use people. It was down right rude of me to use Rick. And I was starting to think that maybe he was hoping for more and there just wouldn’t be. I had only slept with two men, one of them was Howie, the other an ex. I sighed as I made my way to the table.
“Theresa, this is amazing. Thank you, it’s the best birthday gift yet!” Stephanie said as she threw her arms around my neck.
“Than I’m glad I could at least make it sorta special.”
“It’s beyond that. John and Pollyanna have been great. Even Howie has danced with me. Thank you.” I smiled as she glowed. At least someone would leave this cruise with happy thoughts.
“Where is Howie?”
“You didn’t see the hoe that came up and asked him to dance. He hasn’t left her side since,” Amber said, pointing in the direction of the dance floor. My jaw dropped as I saw Howie grinding on the girl. Or, maybe it was just her ass pushing against him. My heart dropped and I could feel the tears at the back of my eyes. I was really just a fling to him, nothing more. “You okay?”
“I’ll be fine. Wanna dance?” We heard the last call being announced and she shook her head.
“I’m off to bed. See you in the morning Resa.” She gave me a hug and walked off, followed by a very tired Stephanie. I plopped down on the seat, noticing that Howie and that hoe walked off the floor and was no where to be seen.
“I see you talked to him.” I crossed my arms over my chest and glared up at John.
“Yes, and as you can see, it went just oh so great!”
“Theresa, D likes you!”
“No, John, he likes the pleasure and the fling. And as you can see by the wench he left with, he’s found someone else. You know what, I thank you. Thank you for meddling in my life once more, and being the jackass that you’re being.”
“Hey, don’t put this on my shoulders. No one told you to come in here looking like that. You should know that stunt you pulled with that stupid bartender was going to piss him off. Listen to me though, D’s been playing this game a lot longer than you. It’s obvious you’re not comfortable and that you’re using that bartender. Just remember, D is a lot like you in many different ways.”
“John, I would love it dearly if you just left me alone.” He shrugged his shoulders and left, without a backwards glance. “Stupid brothers,” I mumbled under my breath.
“What was that?” I smiled at Rick and shook my head.
“Nothing. Are you already done?”
“Yeah, my friend is letting me off to hang out with a beautiful woman. Wanna go up on the top deck?” Deep down, I knew this wasn’t a good idea, but I had no idea how to tell him no.
“Sounds great.” He offered me his hand as he helped me up. We walked along the deck, quiet for the first few moments. His arm was around my waist and I realized I did not like the feel of it. “Rick, I have an early start tomorrow, so I think I better head down to my room.”
“Not so fast, a few more minutes won’t kill you.”
“I’m not comfortable. I’m sorry if I lead you on earlier, that isn’t me. But I can’t do what you’re thinking I’m gonna do.”
“You don’t play games like that and than change the end of it.”
“I’m sorry…”
“Bull shit you are! We’re gonna finish…”
“I’m in love with that guy you saw earlier.”
“So, you used me. That’s even worse. Now, just hush…”
“I believe she said no.” My eyes closed and I prayed it wasn’t him, anyone but him.

~*~ Let's make a movie baby/ Can we get away with it (Open your legs) (I'll be your animal)/ All lights on I like it when we do it to this song ~*~